Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS/firmware update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: OS/firmware update Reply with quote

Is one under development? A simple yes or no from korg please.....it's been ages since the problems were highlighted.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg never announces these things until they are ready. You won't get a reply, it's just not their policy.

If you are thinking of buying one, a good approach for any piece of gear is to buy it foe what it is, not for what you think they might make it in the future. If they upgrade it in the future and you find you now do really want one, then buy it then.

OS updates have traditionally been for delivering bug fixes. If Korg updates the functionality of the hardware in any way, it should be considered a bonus, not a given.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
DJ SyRuP

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is any1 else having a problem with connecting your MS 2 your computer? I installed the driver and everything but its still not connecting. It keeps saying "failed to start communicating with microSampler" Please help cause this s**t is getting frustrating Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DJ SyRuP

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought my micro sampler(first sampler I ever bought) and I feel my body ache reading all the complaints about it lol. I feel like straight up selling it, especially cause my software isn't working. I really don't have the money 2 buy another sampler but how do you guys feel about the mpc 500??? Please, if any1 knows how 2 fix the connection problem I'm having, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ SyRuP wrote:
I just bought my micro sampler(first sampler I ever bought) and I feel my body ache reading all the complaints about it lol. I feel like straight up selling it, especially cause my software isn't working. I really don't have the money 2 buy another sampler but how do you guys feel about the mpc 500??? Please, if any1 knows how 2 fix the connection problem I'm having, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52072

You need to use the KORG USB DRIVER.

And ignore the haters - yes the MS is compromised by some silly design shortcomings but it's also a powerful tool if used intelligently.
FranzK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ SyRuP wrote:

Buy a new Electribe ESX SD! My favorite sampler of all
Read that section of the forum for ideas

I'm also about to sell my microsampler, it just isn't right for me
I wish they do a couple firmware updates like "beat repeat"
(input quantization) and audio in improvements

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is OS update ever happening?!?

I like the machine and it has it's uses and can be a fun way to stumble on ideas, but some of the issues that we've mentioned are EXACTLY the kind of things other developers resolve with an update. I think it's terrible that korg doesn't reward people for taking a chance on their new products by listening to them and at least fix a FEW of the problems. In this price range it's never going to be perfect, but nanostudio have just released an update for their iPhone app, listening to the people that bought 'the app, for £9....surely we deserve a little better from korg in return for our £380? Really disappointed in korg for not following this machine up with some small fixes...
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1.

Microsampler has been on the market for a year now - one update in its lifetime is really not too much to ask.

Perhaps they are going straight to MS2 as their priority seems to always be the next product. They are on a miniaturisation kick right now so the next one will probably be half the size and half the functionality..

KORG release great products but they expect the consumer to live with any shortcomings - many of which are fixable by rewriting software. But they don't get fixed. Judging by past form - the next model will be brilliant at many things but will come complete with its own new set of silly issues that will be magnified by them being made unnecessarily permanent.

How can we users feel anything other than that KORG Japan are not interested in backing up the products they sell? It seems to be assumed the end-user will develop workarounds to functionality issues. Issues that should be resolved - if not before the product is brought to market - at least within a reasonable time after the product's release.

This doesn't compare well with other brands such as Kurzweil - who may be a small company but who give exceptionally good service. My wonderful PC3 is regularly updated & communication is brilliant. I'm proud to own it & I always feel my custom is appreciated by the company.

If KORG aren't to release an update - they won't tell us for it will harm sales & rep. But if they have one planned - now is the time to reward us for our patience - by letting us know there is one in the pipeline.

I like my MS - it's NEARLY great. What a crying shame it's not well supported. I will definitely not be buying KORG again if there is any other comparable product available to do the job.

I appreciate KORG USA's efforts to talk to us - videos tutorial etc. They sure must find their job incredibly frustrating at times...

The amount of enquiries on here that have been disappointed by user reports must surely be just the tip of the iceberg of lost revenue.

Very short sighted policy KORG, shame on you.
shabby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very funny how they ignore the discussion bout firmware an bugs by giving us free sample banks under the name "Power Up#1" suggesting its rom replacement..

Doing that would really have been a massive investement in their wn prouct.

the banks sound very good btw..
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes isn't it. Sample banks are something at least although I'm happier making my own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: