Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI controller problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThunderHorse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: MIDI controller problem Reply with quote

Hi, I've had my Karma for awhile. I've always recorded the old fashioned way by recording instruments manually, but now I want to use virtual instruments through pro tools. I have the Karma connected through the MIDI in's and out's into an M audio sound card through it's MIDI ins and outs. The Pro Tools doesn't seem to be recognizing my Karan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
SCHWEATS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

… since this post is 19 days old , have you found the answer yet ?

It helps to know all your gear in this scenario.
Your description is not specific enough

Have you verified that your Karma is showing up in the Audio/Midi
setup ?

Schweats
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note is that if you are connecting the Karma to the M Audio, its name in your computer won't change to Karma. The MIDI interface does not know what is connected to it - in fact MIDI ports continue to send and wait to recieve even if nothing is plugged in! it is a very simple protocol...

Steps:
- make sure your M Audio interface is plugged in properly.
- If all you want to do is control softsynths, and aren't using the Karma's sequencer or the KARMA function, then just connect the Karma's MIDI Out to your M Audio interface's MIDI In port. You can also go into the Karma's Global settings and set it to "Local Off'. This will disconnect the sound generation and Karma facilities, so that the Karma only transmits the keyboard and controllers.
- Otherwise, you will want to connect the MIDI Out from the interface to the Karma's MIDI In, and in the Karma's settings, set clock mode to external. You will also need to set up in sequencer mode or whatever with your KARMA settings, which I won't go into here.
- Set up your plugin in ProTools, and set the M Audio MIDI port as the input for the plugin/track.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: