Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Behaviour When using Moog EP-2 Expression Pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logicality

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Strange Behaviour When using Moog EP-2 Expression Pedal Reply with quote

Hey there.

I recently bought a 73-Key SV-1.

I am having lots of fun with it, but the behaviour of my Moog EP-2 expression pedal with it is not as expected, even after calibration with the SV-1.

Basically, rather than the volume going smoothly from quiet to loud as I move it from its lowest to highest position, it is going from loud to quiet to loud.

An illustration:

I'm new to the SV-1 (and keyboards in general) - is this normal behaviour?

If not, any guesses why this happening and/or how to resolve the issue?

I suspect that I may have been slightly mis-sold the Moog pedal - perhaps it's designed this way for operation with Moog's own hardware?

In any case, any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Fortunately, other than this teething issue, I am absolutely LOVING the SV-1!
reccos150

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: SV-1 with Moog EP-2 response is LOG, want LIN. Reply with quote

Hello!

Yes, I experienced the same exact issue when plugging in and calibrating the SV-1 with the EP-2.

Turn over your EP-2 and switch the polarity switch to "Other" rather than "Standard".

This got me most of the way towards desired response but I noticed that the response I am getting is still not perfectly linear.

I am using a program called MIDI Monitor which will track every MIDI signal that your computer receives. I noticed that as a slowly depress the pedal from the null position the CC values steadily climb until I hit about 70 and then in the last little bit of travel in the pedal the values jump quickly through to 127 suggesting I am getting a logarithmic type response.

Any one have any ideas to edit the response of the expression pedal? Is this normal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: