Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DTR2000 as a remote-controlled preamp AB switch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebassotti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: DTR2000 as a remote-controlled preamp AB switch? Reply with quote

Is it safe to connect two bass preamp outputs - one per input - to the DTR2000? That way it would be possible to select via footswitch which of the two preamps (in my case the builtin preamp of my Gallien-Krueger 1001RB and a TL Audio Ivory II 5051) is being fed into the power amp.

The manual doesn't specify the kind of signal level expected by this tuner, and it seems to work well within a wide range of levels. Clearly the tuner is best connected to the intrument as directly as possible, but I didn't notice any difference in response or accuracy when connecting it after either preamp (which of course I'm not driving to distortion). The only question is: Is this likely to damage the unit?

[Bass] -> [1001RB input]
[1001RB - fx send] -> [DTR2000 input 1]
[1001RB tuner out] -> [Ivory 5051] -> [DTR2000 input 2]
[DTR2000 output] -> [1001RB fx return]

(The 1001RB's tuner out acts as a buffered 'splitter'.)

Any knowledge/experience about this kind of setup out there? Your thoughts are welcome!
brent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'll damage the unit, and you've already tried it... probably just fine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: