Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expression pedal not controlling volume on some patches.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooldude

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Expression pedal not controlling volume on some patches. Reply with quote

Hi all- On some of my patches the expression pedal does not control the volume. On most patches it works fine. I'm using an m-Audio Keystation Pro & it's screen reflects that the pedal is transmitting, so I think it must be some setting that's being filtered or turned off. I have searched the manual & all the settings on the rack, but I can't figure this out. If anybody knows where the volume CC# is, that might help. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
Synastikki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you might know volume is CC#7 and only reason why this isn't working are that some of the sound might not be on the same midi channel of what the pedal is controlling or that on combi mode MIDI FILTER page volume control is for some reason filtered out...
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combi or Program mode?

Global mode pedal is set to.... ?

ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: pedal Reply with quote

@ JG::...
There are no provisions for the control pedal in global mode on the Triton Rack, on the Triton keyboards models have this.
ozy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may want to read this:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=389538&highlight=expression#389538
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Global Page 2 Reply with quote

@ Ozy-
On the Triton RACK there are NO provisions for pedals in Global mode Page 2 or in any other Global pages. It just isn't there. I have both a Studio and Rack and the Studio does have provisions for all of the pedal, damper and switch preferences. Since the Rack has no physical connections for a pedal I imagine they left it at a default value. If you can find the Global (or otherwise) page on the Triton Rack, please let me know.
I do understand the different CCs for volume, expression, etc. That is why I had this same problem mentioned above. I think the MIDI channel number is probably the solution, although I haven't had a chance to investigate it yet.
Thanks for the link. Good reading. It should be a sticky!
ozy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used the triton rack, so I have no idea.

I just threw in my two cents.

It's about logic, not about specifc machine settings.

Bear with me:

What I think is

do SOME patches respond to volume when you wiggle the pedal? Yes. This is what you said first.

Open those patches, and check WHAT midi controller they refer to, amplitude-wise.

Check the AMP EG section. There you should find some reference to a midi CC.

Once you have located that controller setting, try replicating the setting on the patches which DON'T seem to respond to the pedal.

is this too obvious?

Bear in mind that I am a simpleton and a simplifier, so I am probably missing some important detail,

but I control modulation and volume with pedals on ANY patch on a korg T3, which is several years older than the triton, and simpler, so I presume the triton should be able to do that
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combi or Program mode?

In Combi mode, the MIDI FIltering page can turn off reception of various controllers. If you're sending it cc#11 Expression, then "Other Controllers" on the last MIDI Filtering page will be the one to look for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: