Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start OSAM ANEW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be necessary to have formal checklists as people either make the deadlines or they don't. And we know ourselves if we're falling behind.
album cover
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
It might not be necessary to have formal checklists as people either make the deadlines or they don't. And we know ourselves if we're falling behind.

It may not be entirely necessary but personally I find it of great motivational aid to just kind of be 'reminded' to get on with it.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Krog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this be open to anyone ?

I would be interested as long as it did not become too 'elitist'.

I cannot read or write music, but I still enjoy creating it on my various bits of kit !

As long as its a friendly, open event, then I'm in...........should it kick off Wink

Cheers,

Krog.
Teenage Engineering : OP-1
Other : Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keys
Apps : iKaossilator, iElectribe, iElectribe Gorillaz Edition, iMS20, iPolySix, ReBirth, Figure, Nanostudio, Animoog, Funkbox
DAW : Logic, Maschine
Studio : Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Behringer MS40 Monitors.
Past : M50, Microkorg, Kaossilator Pro, Korg Micro-X, Kaosillator, Roland SH-101, Mattel Synsonic Drums, Casio VL Tone, Casio MT-30, Casio SK-1, Yamaha SY55, Roland TR-505
http://www.youtube.com/Krog360
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm in it if someone wants to moderate it, ie like do a checklist of participants etc. i've moderated several times already and am willing to let someone else handle that side of it, but i'll post a song a month, i usually do at least a song every month anyway and it is very fun, and yes, it is not elitist, it is for people of all levels of experience and expertise and simply to encourage creativity, it is not a contest, it's a task master to help people who want a steady and willing audience for their endeavors and a forum to discuss how to improve your songwriting and production skills w/ deadlines to get our butts in gear and keep them working for a whole year straight

ps. i have moderator permissions in this section also, so for whoever does the checklist, i can make them sticky's if that's what we want to do
album cover
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up. I'm down for a song a month or every two months, doesn't matter. My new years resolution was to create an EP so the 'be on schedule' pressure from the KF could definitely help motivate me towards reaching that goal.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends

Hope to join you soon (next few days...)

Best regards !!

John , Johnny, Ellll ... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Exclamation Exclamation
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends....

Just want to thank many for a response and a success in starting this fairly long term OSAM again

It has shown success in the past and it will again, if we put our efforts and love into it. We did it before so now is the time to MAKE the effort to develop a new-age, really user friendly and effective song posting mechanism for ALL persons.. and all music interests of 2011...

Thanks for the response and thanks to George for helping this to come about as well as Pumkin King, X Trade, Krog, Joet so many taking an interest.

We can be successful if all will try to do their part!!

My HAPPY Regards to all....!!!!! Always! Johnny, John, ellll....
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

We grow a little MORE! ! ! ! ! with Ron and electrorusk, and Sewa,

WoW getting more like old times with new blood as well

I am VERY GLAD to see this happen and keep it goin friends!!!!!!!

Regards Always Johnny, John, ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondered if some people are petering out, seems we're not getting quite as much activity in here lately, it may be the demise of summer pulling us away. Anyway, I will continue on if there is still interest. Also, even if you don't have a song to post, do listen and comment on other's tunes, it may be the inspiration you're looking for. You never know.
album cover
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've completely failed again. I would like to try to get at least a few songs in but I don't think I could fill in all the way back from Jan or Feb or whenever it was!
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just submit a song this month and don't worry about going back to fill in. Just do a September song. I'm sure we'd rather have something than to think that falling behind made it even harder for you to compose.
album cover
boxlightner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: OSAM UPRISING!! Reply with quote

Hi

I'm very new to this and sadly missed out on all the last osam's Sad

This should definatley start again as I personally would be very interested!!

Does anyone else share my thoughts?

Look forward to posts Very Happy

bxlr
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: OSAM UPRISING!! Reply with quote

boxlightner wrote:
Hi

I'm very new to this and sadly missed out on all the last osam's Sad

This should definatley start again as I personally would be very interested!!

Does anyone else share my thoughts?

Look forward to posts Very Happy

bxlr

We have an ongoing OSAM at the moment, should be ending at the start of next year.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OSAM UPRISING!! Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
We have an ongoing OSAM at the moment, should be ending at the start of next year.

...when a new one will begin. OSAM is actually OSAMForever as long as someone initiates it. I'm down with submitting a song every month for the rest of my life.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to comment on other's songs. It is fun getting feedback and sharing your music, but it's critical to keep up with the other songs being posted as well. That reminder is for everyone actually.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: