Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to the KAOSS (new to synthesis in general)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloseToTheEdge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: New to the KAOSS (new to synthesis in general) Reply with quote

I am picking up a Kaossilator Pro for my birthday two weeks from now, and I want to do this right, and really get into it. Play shows, or at least make music from home. I had a Kaossilator KO-1 a while ago, but sold it to finance a new amplifier for my guitar. Anyway, I would either a)play it through my headphones at school, on break at work, etc or b)play it through my stereo at home. I had a keyboard amp for a while for my Korg R3, which I sold because it was kind of lackluster. I also sold the amp for the same reason, a peavey kb-3 I believe. Massive monster, but didn't get a great response from my synth or bass. Anyway, I'm rambling. My question to you guys is, other than playing it on my computer while recording, what should I be playing it through when I just want to jam at home without my computer? Should I buy a keyboard amp, keeping using my home theater stereo, or ? Any help would be appreciated, I really want to not make a mistake and I want to get the full range of sounds from my KO-Pro. Thanks!

-Will
Eat-Static

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a pair of Studio Monitors which fit your budget.
ROLAND SP404SX JUNO-G
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat-Static wrote:
Buy a pair of Studio Monitors which fit your budget.

+1
If you are serious about the sound of your recordings or music, studio monitors will offer the best in stereo placement and sound clarity. Especially for mixing tracks or programming synth sounds, it is fairly important to have that full range that you get from studio monitors or a good (but unusually and most importantly flat) home hifi/theatre sound system.

a 'keyboard' amp will intristically not offer stereo positioning very well (it is only a single speaker, or sometimes two speakers but in the same box!), nor will it give a good frequency response range because it is packaged in a fairly resonant box. 'Keyboard amps' are generally good for practise or playing in a band where the notes you play are more important than the quality of sound... Otherwise for playing at home/studio go for studio monitors - for on stage go for the house or your own PA system.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
maarkr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want sound for the road get a roland or behringer keyboard amp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed....

maarkr wrote:
if you want terrible sound for the road get a roland or behringer keyboard amp.
Acid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with either the Pro or mini KPro you can run the stereo out line to your PC via 1/8" jack... it works great for me... I was actually doing this to a 1/4" jack to one of my amp + speaker combos.. What I really like is running it to my 400w Mesa Boogie 12 tube head and then to my Road Ready Boogie 2x15" cab, 1x15" cab, and then 2 18" tweeters.. my neighbors love that, hehe... but I found it most productive running it to my PC via the 1/8" jack... i simply record with Cool Edit Pro 1.2a
Roland TB 303 - needs buttons
I need more Korg hardware!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: