Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help using my electronic tuner!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hefferdacow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: I need help using my electronic tuner! Reply with quote

Hi my name is harman and i bought korg ga-40 and i was wondering if anybody could tell me how to tune my guitar with it! i get the basics but my real question is am i supposed to play an open chord on the string i want to tune or a certain note or can it be any note! i am confused because instructions suck so any help would be deeply appreciated!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When tuning your guitar you are supposed to tune each string - i.e. each open note individually.

So you play the low E string, tune that. Play the open A string, tune that. Play the open D string, tune that. Etc.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
hefferdacow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
hefferdacow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tuned all my strings expect for the 5A and 4D, for some reason, the tuner can't pick the pitch.. The tuner sometimes say 7B or 6E. Why is that?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try muting the other strings with that hand if you can. sympathetic resonance can cause other adjacent strings to come into play when you play. Which might make sense as the source of your problem those two are in the middle of all the others!

Also if you tune too far up or down it will start to pick up the next closest note also.

If in doubt, tune by ear. The most common method being to fret the string below at the 5th fret (assuming standard tuning) so that it plays the the same note as the string above (which you are tuning) play the two together until there is little or no beating (pulsing) between the notes.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: