Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why the keybed issues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress! Korg looked at the video and sent this message...

Thank you for taking the time to send us this video. Unfortunately, we are not easily able to ascertain from your video if the behavior you are experiencing is consistent with the design of the product or if it is something out of the ordinary. Given that you have already brought it into a service center and rather than having you have to bring it back there, we would prefer that it come back to Korg USA for further evaluation. If you could, please provide a phone number and mailing address so our Customer Service department can contact you and arrange to have the keyboard picked up to be shipped to us. If there is any time that is more convenient to contact you, please let us know this as well.

Thank you for your continued patience and your support for Korg. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Perhaps they just haven't seen the issue yet. Lets hope we get some further progress here.[/i]
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see Korg finally acknowledged the problem! Got your message via YouTube mackbaz, and yes, this is exactly what happened with my SV-1 just not as many keys...yet. Looks like someone else joined the thread with the same issue. I think Korg should do a recall and and replace the keybeds free of charge. I'm fortunate to live about 30 min. from them here in NY and will personally drive mine over if that happens. But I won't hold my breath. It's frustrating because like you mentioned in the video, I too am very happy overall with the SV-1. The key issue really kills it! Keep us posted.
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this on YouTube. A perfect example of the distracting characteristics of the clicking keys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5WYFf3tF6E
Siriosys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, very very disappointingly I have to report that my SV-1 has the dreaded "clicky key" problem.

The F above middle-C has it badly and I thought at first it was just an issue of things settling down, however I'm afraid the problem's not only continued, but it's got a lot worse.

Geez, c'mon Korg, you guys can do better than this.

........3 week wait for it to be looked at!!!............it's just as well I'm not a gigging musician relying on this as my only keyboard for my income.
MBPro
mjohnson4318

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my keyboard the key click developed on two F-keys. Annoying when practising at home quietly. I can practice on my old Yamaha p90 as well but that doesn't give me that inspiration.

Yes, also to me the keys are the weakest point of sv-1. Sp250 is half the price (or even less nowadays) and has the same RH3 keys.
Could be that transport damages the keybed, and I can imagine sv-1 keyboards undergo much more transport than home-based sp250's.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just funny that the newer version of their keybed is worse. it does feel marginally better than my sp100, but not enough to justify all the noise. I really think it has something to do with QC.. why can some of the keys be just fine, but the others not. They are allowing too much room for error.

I am really anxious to see what I get when I receive the keyboard back from korg.
Siriosys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Keybed issue Fixed for me!!!.............Wooohoooo Reply with quote

I'm happy to report that after only a week away, my SV-1 has returned home full operational without the clicking keys.

The only indication I can see as to what they did from the repair report is as follows

"Dismantled, Lubed key guide, Reassemble and Test"

...So for now, I'm content!
MBPro
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my keyboard has been out for almost a month now.... it better be a gem when i get it.
agerhbour

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mackbaz,
I just watched your youtube video, up to about 35 seconds, then I went to check out whether my keyboard makes the noises.

What seemed to happen was, when I didn't press directly down, the clicking noise would come. From what I could work out, the clicking noise is the key you press down hitting a key next to it.

I think watched the rest of your video, and you comment on the fact that the keys that wiggle more make the clicking more often. This would also confirm my theory of what the noise is.

Still annoying though I know.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agerhbour wrote:
hey mackbaz,
I just watched your youtube video, up to about 35 seconds, then I went to check out whether my keyboard makes the noises.

What seemed to happen was, when I didn't press directly down, the clicking noise would come. From what I could work out, the clicking noise is the key you press down hitting a key next to it.

I think watched the rest of your video, and you comment on the fact that the keys that wiggle more make the clicking more often. This would also confirm my theory of what the noise is.

Still annoying though I know.

It initially seems that is the issue but I could get teh clicking noise from hitting the key straight on.. I think its more that the outer piece of the key isn't adhered to the inside.. Regardless of the cause, there is no excuse for the inconsistencies. Why can some keys be just fine but others be awful?
Macneil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issues are still ongoing after it has been returned and I dont think the keybed was looked at all. LEDS are still flashing and the same keys are still making physical sounds (firmware update only on the service sheet apparently)... If you bounce the key I notice the same sounds so it's not just if you play it at a weird striking angle.

So the jury is still out... Both the returns guy and myself checked out this thread and others on keybed issues over the phone. Helpful guy, took the time to talk, so just hoping it gets sorted really as it's going back in again.

mackbaz did you post a video of yours?
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macneil wrote:
My issues are still ongoing after it has been returned and I dont think the keybed was looked at all. LEDS are still flashing and the same keys are still making physical sounds (firmware update only on the service sheet apparently)... If you bounce the key I notice the same sounds so it's not just if you play it at a weird striking angle.

So the jury is still out... Both the returns guy and myself checked out this thread and others on keybed issues over the phone. Helpful guy, took the time to talk, so just hoping it gets sorted really as it's going back in again.

mackbaz did you post a video of yours?

The video in this forum is mine. I just got my keyboard back and it is marginally better. It feels like they did something to make the keys smoother.. unfortunately I still have some problem keys (just not as evident) and I am just sick of waiting to play.. So I am just going to deal with it I guess. They claimed my board wasn't out of standard operation of other sv-1's and made adjustments to suit my needs. Its funny because I never said it was broken.. This is obviously a keybed that needs some revision to become more consistent. I still don't understand why I can have keys that are absolutely solid and others that are so flaky.

Let me know how your return goes.. If you can ever get a perfect keybed let me know. I will send it where you did.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Really Korg? Reply with quote

So i emailed korg about my keys (only a few) and they sent this. I'm just amazed anyone who has the power to fix this is denying there is an issue

With regards to your SV-1, while I sympathize with your frustrations that your keyboard is not living up to your expectations, I’m not sure what we would be able to do for you at this point. Your keyboard has now been serviced and evaluated by an authorized service center and our own service staff here at Korg USA. When received here, it was evaluated by me, our lead service tech and the product manager for this product line. We found the mechanical sound of your keyboard to be entirely consistent with other SV-1s in our inventory. In addition, this same keybed has been used in a significant number of our products (PA588, SP-250, LP-350, M50-88, M3-88, C720, etc.) and we found nothing inconsistent when comparing it to many of these models.

If I am out of line someone please let me know. Do you not here an annoying CLICK on othe B flat key? Is this click really consistent? I feel like i am going insane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS81y2MJmJo
Siriosys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my keyboard was supposedly "serviced" and although the problem didn't exist for the first day or so, it has returned to EXACTLY THE SAME DAMNED NOTE!

Surely, this means there is a problem! Inconsistent is what it is. And frankly, that sums up this keyboard as a whole. Reading postings on various forums isn't making for a pretty picture now.

For looks and Sound it's pretty damned good, but that simply doesn't mean anything if ONE or TWO keys click abnormally when the thing is played, while others are just fine

I'd really like to love this keyboard, but every time I sit and play an F or Bflat, I'm reminded about it's sub-par quality.

And if anybody from the Distributor for Korg in New Zealand is reading this, can I ask that next time you service my keyboard, that you actually take the time to screw the keybed back in!

After unpacking my "repaired" Korg and placing it on my stand, I discovered that all the keys at the left-hand end of the keyboard were loose and felt like they were not attached - it was then that I discovered that the screws on the left-hand end under the keyboard were all un-done including 2 floating around the damned carry bag!

Simply not good enough........
MBPro
virtuocity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear it on mine as well.

Luckily, I only use my SV-1 via headphones or in a loud live situation, so I rarely find myself getting annoyed by this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: