Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Deals for a new sv-1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riffwrangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Best Deals for a new sv-1? Reply with quote

I'm in the market for an 88 key sv-1 and am wondering whether all of the prices are the same online. So far I'm finding all prices locked at $2199 and I can't find anything less. I'm used to getting some kind of discount off retail on many of the instruments I purchase and would be grateful for any thoughts...thanks so much in advance! I love this keyboard but it is definitely a big investment and every bit helps. Thanks again
mackbaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Deals for a new sv-1? Reply with quote

riffwrangler wrote:
I'm in the market for an 88 key sv-1 and am wondering whether all of the prices are the same online. So far I'm finding all prices locked at $2199 and I can't find anything less. I'm used to getting some kind of discount off retail on many of the instruments I purchase and would be grateful for any thoughts...thanks so much in advance! I love this keyboard but it is definitely a big investment and every bit helps. Thanks again

I actually got mine (Bstock) from novamusik.com on ebay for 1675. It was definitely a steal.
stevokineavo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine (brand new) through musiciands friend online. if you have BofA checking/savings they have a click thru that saved me about $50 before you visit mf, just clear your cookies prior to that so you get credit, plus I use their credit card that gave me another $17 back (1%)

Just keep checking their website, especially around the holidays, I got an online coupon for 15% off to start things off and then the clickthru/credit card rebates.

I ended up getting a brand new 74 key, shipped for a net cost of 1643 and it came with a free portable keyboard. Sold that for another $70 and got my cost down to $1543. I also sold other old gear to help bring my total purchase to below $1000. But I had way too much stuff lying around and I wanted this keyboard.
rpfsys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: eBay B Stock Reply with quote

I was in the same boat as you. I wanted one of these bad boys, but I wanted to see if I could shave the price down. B Stock is definitely a way to go. I got one on eBay from theguitarfactory.com for $1,699. Shipping was free. The keyboard arrived in original packaging and was nicely packed.

Just arrived yesterday, and everything looks great. You still get the manufacturer's warranty with B Stock.
Rodney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're running into the "Minimum Advertised Price" agreement that Korg (and every other manufacturer) imposes. No one is allowed to advertise Korg SV-1s at less than $2199 if they want to carry them at all.

One way stores make tempting deals is to throw in "free" stuff like cases or stands. It's not free to them, but it allows them to circumvent the M.A.P. You'll see these on ebay.

The big not-so-secret is to talk to an actual sales rep, who can discount it farther. But you can't do that over the internet, that would be an "advertised" price. So go to a local store, or talk to someone live at Sweetwater or some other place, and ask what kind of deal they can do. As long as they don't "advertise" the price, they can sell it for less than the MAP if they want to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: