Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

programming one key to play many notes simultaneously

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usmelllikecheez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: programming one key to play many notes simultaneously Reply with quote

forgive me that i don't know the proper terminology.

i'm programming an 88 key korg triton extreme right now for a musical.

how would do it if i wanted, say, a G2 when pressed to play that G, the D above, the F about that, and the A above that? such that, playing one note triggers many. and, in the same combination, having other notes do the same (with other combinations of notes).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
N
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats kinda a complicated and also most of the results unsatisfactory.
We in the Balkans use something like that called Terca but thats only
with 2 notes and its done thru User Scales for proper triggering of notes
but in your case for many notes and also for all the keys it is almost
impossible if not impossible...unless someone has an idea which i dont believe so.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just wanted that exact same semitone pattern spread across the whole keyboard, then it is easy.

Just make three of the same (or different) program in a combi.
Set the transpose of one to 0, the other to +7, and the third one to +10, etc.

Aside from that, you could program a static note pattern using RPPR, but it would need to be tied down rhythmically in some way.

RPPR allows you to create a pattern and assign it to a key. So theoretically at least that pattern could be a chord like you ask.

RPPR is only available in sequencer mode. Because of the extra facilities and timbres available in sequencer mode, a number of people (like myself) set up and play all our live sets in sequencer mode. Even without any music actually 'sequenced', it is useful as an 'extended combi'.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
usmelllikecheez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here, take a look at this pic:
http://tinypic.com/r/2e58tj8/7

that's from the score i'm working with...as you can see, the trigger note in the first bar (an Eb) needs to play the 6 notes, and the Db trigger in the next bar needs to play 6 other notes.

similar things happen about 10 other times in the score, and i'd like to be able to program all this with a korg and not have to deal with the kurzweil and rolands as listed in the programming notes.
usmelllikecheez

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one else have any ideas? please...help would be most appreciated.

thanks,
N
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtrade is right about using RPPR patterns for what you need.
And there is really nothing hard to it.
In sequencer mode you should record single bar pattern with all those keys needed for one chord or what ever that is you want to play simultaneously. You don't even have to record it, just use step sequencing and input desired notes. Save pattern. Assign pattern to some key using RPPR function. When ever you press that key, all the prerecorded notes will play simultaneously.
Create as many patterns as combinations of keys needed. Spread those patterns to several keys using RPPR function. You'll have all your chords/combinations on few keys.
RPPR function can be used for literaly anything - triggering sysex messages, changing timbre parameters, playing keys, playing arpeggios, triggering arpeggios, changing programs in timbre...
If you aren't familiar with terminology used in this post, then there is a chance you don't know how to make patterns on Korg, or how to use RPPR.
If this is the case (and I'm not saying it is, don't think I'm underestimating your knowledge) read Parameter Guide in Sequencer Mode chapter.
You don't have to deal with Kurzweil or Roland for this.
Triton76

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could create samples with all the desired notes and assign them to the proper keys in a combi. you can use the sw buttons to mute them if you don't need those note clusters all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: