Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA-80 vs PSR-2100

View previous topic :: View next topic  

???
PA-80 Sounds much better?!
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Psr-2100 have better functionality param..
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

valer_valer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: PA-80 vs PSR-2100 Reply with quote

PA-80 vs PSR-2100?
Any comments or opinions... Rolling Eyes Question Question
arjen_1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yammie cannot be compared to PA80. It's a totally different approach. The yammie is more a home keyboard. PA80 is a professional board...in my point of view.

Greetz,
Arjen
GJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i agree with Arjen, altho i also own a PSR2K Laughing .
When looking for styles etc, there are more of them for the Yammie, but if you compare them to Korg's originals, i prefer Korg above Yammie.
Also you can load into your board what you like, so if you dont want waltzes or mazurka, you can easily replace them with other styles.
This cant be done with PSR2K, and personally i think the richness of the sound found in a PA80 cant be found on a PSR2K or PSR2100

Regards,

GJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
muhammad abdullah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: PA-80 vs PSR-2100 Reply with quote

valer_valer wrote:
PA-80 vs PSR-2100?

you can not compare Yammie with pa

it is compeletely different, yammie is for home/house even friendly user
some time it bore me the sound....

pa is for proffesional, sound great tones.., and last I never got boring of rings of PA,

I got PA and psr2100, and when performs on stages, some day i brought it together one on top of it, yammie with its smaller sound not suggested for opening the stages. Again this is my personal view/experienced. Then in the middle, yes some yammies sneaky sound-in will well compose together.

Pa with rolland for stages is maximum i think.....

Let you try it on your performances on stages....
muhammad abdullah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: PA-80 vs PSR-2100 Reply with quote

valer_valer wrote:
PA-80 vs PSR-2100?

you can not compare Yammie with pa

it is compeletely different, yammie is for home/house even friendly user
some time it bore me the sound....

pa is for proffesional, sound great tones.., and last I never got boring of rings of PA,

I got PA and psr2100, and when performs on stages, some day i brought it together one on top of it, yammie with its smaller sound not suggested for opening the stages. Again this is my personal view/experienced. Then in the middle, yes some yammies sneaky sound-in will well compose together.

Pa with rolland for stages is maximum i think.....

Let you try it on your performances on stages....
Tomcat
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, I have both a Pa80 and a Tyros on a two keyboard stand with the Tyros on the bottom.

There are things about the Pa80 I prefer to the Tyros and things about the Tyros I prefer over the Pa80. I happen to prefer the Tenor Sax, the Trumpet and the Sweet Harmonica of the Pa80 over those same voices in the Tyros, but I prefer the OVERALL OS of the Tyros because there is more access to the things I want to do directly from the front panel of the Tyros.

There is one thing I quickly discovered was not of much use to me and that is the Music Finder (what Korg took and renamed Song Book on the Pa1X). Why? Because it is simply someone else's idea of what style to use and what tempo to use for a song and I soon found I didn't agree with those choices very often, particularly the tempo.

In any event I have what I consider to be a great setup and am very happy with the two boards together.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: