Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WT-12 Tuner Service Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBlack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: WT-12 Tuner Service Question Reply with quote

Hello to all, New memeber with a Tuner question. I have 2 older Tuners, a WT-12 and a DTM-12. Recently the WT-12 meter has stopped working. It's been working fine as long as I've had it but over the weekend the meter quit. The Batteries are good and I also checked it with the 6v power supply.
The needle dosen't move. Both sound settings work and the needle responds normally with each note. As I run thu the octave setting the needle moves but does not register any notes.
I really like this tuner even though it's old school, I still have the original box and extras!. I take good care of it, it's still in excellent shape and it goes into my gig box when traveling and not in use. I've never dropped it that I remember. I'd like to keep it working.
The nearest Korg retailer/service is 120 miles away.

Anybody have any advice? Also, mailing is probably the easiest way for me to get it to a tech, can I send it back directly to Korg USA for service or are there techs anyone can recommend?
Thanks.
MrBlack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out. Somehow the calibration button got pressed and it was locked in that mode. Released it and recalibrated both tuners with my tuning fork. Checked them both with my steel and all is normal. I decided to make the DTM -12 my main tuner since the calibration is harder to accidently depress. It dosen't fit in my gig box though Sad. So I took an old leather travel bag I had, lined it with some foam rubber and I'll stick that in the back of the amp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: