Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wont buy one because they forgot the drum pads.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Attic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: I wont buy one because they forgot the drum pads. Reply with quote

realkuhl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I wont buy one because they forgot the drum pads. Reply with quote

They exist on the touch screen and if that isn't good enough, you can get a microKontrol of the pads.

Dude, seriously, with everything new put into this, 8 rubber pads are going to be the deal breaker?

That's like not buying a car because it doesn't come with cup holders.

Attic wrote:

Custom Sounds and Free Video Tutorials for
Virtual Instruments: www.pluginguru.com

My comments and opinions are not official statements from Korg Inc. I'm not official !!
LiqMat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually glad they left them off. I rarely used the ones on the M3. I prefer a controller dedicated for that purpose to be honest especially when doing beats.
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I wont buy one because they forgot the drum pads. Reply with quote

realkuhl wrote:
They exist on the touch screen and if that isn't good enough, you can get a microKontrol of the pads.

Dude, seriously, with everything new put into this, 8 rubber pads are going to be the deal breaker?

That's like not buying a car because it doesn't come with cup holders.

well...

1) If a 200.000 us$ Mercedes Benz comes without cup holders, something is wrong

2) imagine having the elegant, streamlined, sober Kronos...

... with a friggin' nanopad attached to it by velcro.

I think Attic has a point.

But rubber pads are available as an expansion kit.

Here, look, Attic:

synthdogg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I wont buy one because they forgot the drum pads. Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

I think Attic has a point.

Ugh....I hated those f*!@ing pads. Smart design move to axe them.
Attic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch screens are not accurate enough and the whole reason I bought an M3 was the built in pads. Not putting them on was a mistake on Korgs part. I am a Korg fan but wont duck-tape a nano to my keyboard.
Attic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthdogg

Why did you hate them? I use them for a scratch pad for chords when writing new songs. They are brilliant for flushing out a song.
Attic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8 rubber pads are going to be the deal breaker?

Yup. I consider it a deal breaker. I use them on a daily basis and if they are not on the keyboard I wont buy it.
Megakazbek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you think it's worth it to miss all the fun of Kronos just because you don't want to use external pad controller and for some reason require it to be necessarily onboard, then good for you. But why do you need to tell the whole world about it on the internet?
Attic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But why do you need to tell the whole world about it on the internet?

Because I hope Korg includes those in future keyboards and I'm sure they read the forum. I also believe that many other people will agree with me.
To be honest, I have hoped that they would put 16 pads on at a slightly smaller size. It was probably a cost cutting measure, but when you think of the time saved by being able to directly input a chord when writing songs from scratch, it may not go over well with those of us that have become accustom to that ease of use.
Link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they cost something, and not everyone needs them. Who need them, he buys them: http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALECONTROLPAD
No need to raise my Kronos's price tag. I for one, can play chords on keyboard and would prefer even more knobs instead of pads, but I have Novations X-Station ready to povide them if I ever need them.

And should I want pads, I like 4x4 grid more than how they were on M3, and what comes to drum pads, I like 'em big, especially after frustrating in Fantom-X's pads. I'm more happy to have Kronos's price tag @ 3k, than have every minor inconvenience ruled out for absolutely everyones preference, which would have meaned, that Oasys was raised back in poduction, have seen it failing commercially again, and then put it into a grave and mourn its death for second time.

I believe, that midi drum pads are better than built in, and you have choice to choose which ever you like. For example Roland Fantom-X's pads were useless in drums, because you had to hit absolutely spot on, right to the bulls eye to play properly, which is harder than playing drums on keyboard. If you hit even slightly off of the center of the pad, it would play the note too silently, if it registered the hit at all. Still those pads must have raised the Fantoms price tag in vain, for those of us who didn't need them.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link wrote:
I for one, can play chords on keyboard

I guess we can all do that, but when I'm developing a new piece, I play the radias with the T3 and the O at the same time - sometimes with the ER as well; all in real time.

This wouldn't be possible without the pads, as whilst I can play a two-hand chord easily enough, I certainly can't if I'm playing two other keyboards.

We all have different ways of working. I don't use pads for drums, for example. But just because you don't use them, doesn't mean they're not useful to someone else!
Attic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
whilst I can play an two-hand chord easily enough, I certainly can't if I'm playin two other keyboards.

I play an M3, Electribe Mx, microX, Apc40, and Z1 for my live shows and yes that is another great reason for the pads.
RAYDAR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LiqMat"]I'm actually glad they left them off. I rarely used the ones on the M3. I prefer a controller dedicated for that purpose to be honest especially when doing beats.[/quote]

Thats great ,i had a feeling the Drum pads were on the screen and they are.
Link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link wrote:
Well they cost something, and not everyone needs them. Who need them, he buys them: http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALECONTROLPAD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: