Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wont buy one because they forgot the drum pads.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realkuhl wrote:
It's truly the best sounding and most capable single instrument I've worked on for Korg since 1988 (and that includes the M1, Wavestation, Z1 (AMAZING SYNTH!!), Trinity, Triton, OASYS, Wavedrums (both versions) and many

Now this is the first time I hear someone saying Kronos is sounding better than Oasys. What gave you this impression? And do you think it makes sense to replace an Oasys just because of a better sound of Kronos (if one ignores other improvements on the Kronos and focuses solely on sonic quality)?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attic wrote:
Touch screens are not accurate enough and the whole reason I bought an M3 was the built in pads. Not putting them on was a mistake on Korgs part. I am a Korg fan but wont duck-tape a nano to my keyboard.

My thoughts exactly.....The touchscreens are sometimes unpredictable think its rather sceptical to replace the function of the Pads on the Oasys/M3 for a touchscreen alternative I would rather rely on the physical pads.Korg have obviously done some research on it and perhaps felt it perfectly ok.

I can see a few months down the line that many users will be complaining that the Touchscreen pads are not responsive enough to the first touch,the XY pad on the M3 is fine because the way most use it to drag their finger across but my experience of the Touchscreens is that the touch sensitivity isn't accurate enough to be used like a Physical Trigger,especially if you don't keep the screen cleaned and calibrated,going to be critical in a live situation,especially if it take a few attempts to trigger

I can see a few frustrated users of this method of triggering the Pads on the the Kronos not always working first time.
Ghost301

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: My two cents Reply with quote

I think attic has a major point and i was definitely dissapointed when i noticed the lack of pads but as it turns out i think im gonna like the touch screen pads quite a bit. as an m50 user i use the pads for chords not drums you have 61-88 keys to play drums with so i guess i see no issue there. i will really like the fact that it is touch screen given that when i play a long sustained chord with the m50 pads sometimes the chord will cut out if im not pressing the button hard enough and if i press too hard the pad breaks and falls into the m50. being that both the pads and the touch screen get major use it was a good idea to combine them
Korg microkorg xl
Korg Kaossilator Pro
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe EMX-1
Korg DS-10+
bobbybland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My option is going to be using NI's Maschine as a pad controller with the Kronos..I don't see how in the world rubber pads could be a deal breaker,when there are so many options out there.

Anyways I'm interested in the screenshots..when they become available,I bet the onscreen chord triggers will be just as useful,and in some cases probably a heck of alot more stable then those rubber pads.. The pads on the M3 unit I had, we're pretty unreliable,and would stick alot.

Glad to see the change actually.This is by far the sexiest workstation I've encountered.
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must wash your hands before playing, so the pads don't get filled with jam and grease from oil from your day-time job as a mechanic Smile
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the M3 and Oasys had some complaints about sticking of the pads.. i.e. it is not included on the Kronus..Maybe? It will be interesting to see how reliable, sensitive and accurate the pads are using the touch screen. My "Back" will definitely miss the tilt up screen!Sitting down leaning over a keyboard trying to read the display seems like backwards technology to me. I wonder if you can you add a small plug and play display to the Kronus?
Cardinal Fang

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get one of these instead:

http://www.musiccomputing.com/studioblade
Link

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a Windows 7 computer with a touchscreen.
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! argh! Thats just plain ugly! No offense, but in this day-and-age, surely the words "ergonomic" should have some relevancy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: