Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to know you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnbutt wrote:
Folks, this is KORG forum, not for ache's and pains, we all have them, I unforunately have Menieure's, no cure. I do have photo's of me and my studio, can someone help me with .jpg files to this site, I'm a bit of an old FART. bare with me, but I play a mean chopstiks. GNB

Touché. Thought this was a "getting to know you thread" not a "how do I post JPGs thread" (of which advice has already been given). ;P [I'll send you a PM showing you step by step if you're absolutely stuck.]

Incidently I've never disclosed my bio or health issues in the past, and those people that have talked about theirs in this thread relate to the ear and the hearing function, which is music related and very relevant I'd say.

Last edited by Timo on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please give me a site I can send my .jpeg files to. I am not into politics, just a link please. GNB I love this Forum.
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.ImageShack.us (as already mentioned)
www.Tinypic.com
www.Photobucket.com
www.Flickr.com

Imageshack is probably the easiest. Go there, then click "Browse", select the photo you want to upload from your computer, then click "Upload Now". Wait a short while while it uploads. Halfway down the left side it will show you a load of boxes. Copy everything from the "Link" box (right-click, copy). Come back to the forums and select to post a reply, then click the Img button (along the top), paste the link (right-click, paste), then press the Img button again.

When you submit the post, all being well it should display the pic. Smile

Or you could just post the link here so people can click on it. (I did that so people wouldn't see my ugly mug unless they really wanted to. ;P )
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Our view Reply with quote

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/lake1q.jpg/
z
Hope this worked, our front yard from home and studio. Lake Superior GNB.
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/gradonbuttstage.jpg/

Hope this worked, this is a mug-shot of me live, my setup is KORG Studio, LE 76, LE61 and Yamaha Motif ES7 which I now use my M3-73 instead. 2x Ultimate stands, 4 Keys is the usual set up. As I mentioned, I am 55, semi-retired and play with a light 50's, 60's era 6 piece band, lots of fun. My wife and I live on Lake Superior with our sheltie Vinny, enjoying life. All the best, i also sent the Forum members our view. I would love to see where other's live and play their music. GNB[/img]
Roland FA-06
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures GNB! Love that view of yours Smile

And looks like you enjoy playing your Korgs Cool
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a pleasure, I've never been across the ocean, I would love to see photo's of other members and their surroundings, I would also love to see the UK, Europe soon, just waiting for my wife to retire. This forum provides for a global network of KORG and other keyboard users, we are all musicians and have a passion which is very unique to each of us. Come on members, show your face, don't be shy. GNB
Roland FA-06
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/135/graydon6.jpg/

Last photo folks, playing live at our auditorium. GNB[/img]
Roland FA-06
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/graydon.jpg/
That's it folks, I have sold my soul to the Forum. GNB[/img]
Roland FA-06
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnbutt wrote:
That's it folks, I have sold my soul to the Forum. GNB

LOL! - such activity could be a dangerous thing on some other forums, but here we like to look after each other's souls Smile Cool
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Howard, I am addicted to music equipment. I love electronics, I love analog audio electronics.

They don't make a synthesizer or microphone I would not want!

I am 50 years old, and have worked in electronics, mechanics, pharmaceutical, manufacturing world for over 30 years.

I've had a project recording studio for 35 years, going from tape to adat to computer.

My dad was a part time musician (bass & guitar), he played the greatest hits from 30's to 50's.

Given my investment in music equipment, my music is not for sale, as I'd have to charge $100 per CD to break even, for the next 10 years.

I've played for as many as 2000 people crowd, but now basically play for my self.

I play just about every night, but I am still not that good. I don't practice, I just jam. I love playing with KARMA. I have over 26 hours of music cataloged in iTunes as AIFF's, all me all the time. Most of it is not that great. It works well as background music.

I love books, especially technical/text books.

I live in the Bay Area, California, I moved here when I was 18, to be in a band.

Every piece of music equipment I've sold, I miss. But, I've found unused equipment eventually stops functioning. So I am selling my Roland GW8 and buying the monotribe and Kaoss Quad. I hope to buy the JP80 next year, I love what it does with supernatural acoustic guitar. My wife will most likely divorce me when I get the JP80.

I have a son, going to high school this year, he has no interest in my music or equipment. But he has started listening to music on his iphone, so maybe there no hope.

that's enough, maybe now you'll ignore my post even more, as you've got to know me/
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
ShaneLessor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Shane, I'm 15 years young and I love to make music. I play (with fluency) Piano/Keys, Bass, Flute, Trumpet, Tuba, Alto/Bari Saxophone, Without so much fluency I play the Drums and Guitar.

My goal is to go into film scoring. I like James Horner's work a lot. No one in my family was particularly into music. My musical backgrounds are in the genres of Orchestral/Symphonic, Classical (Scarlatti ftw), Soundtrack, Rock, Metal, and Pop. Smile

I really like to compose a diverse 'world' of music.

I'm great with technology, but I'm not into it at all. I have a Korg Triton Pro and a few other synthesizers from before then (they're not worthy of mention!). My software collection isn't anything spectacular. I mainly use Cockos Reaper for mixing rather than Pro Tools, but that's just because I like to actually buy my software. Laughing

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idee. So here is my story:

I'm 40 years old. Started playing organ at age 12. Had 1 year group lessons and about 2 years private lessons, genre popular rock.

After stopping lessons about 5 years of almost nothing (musically wise). Met a drummer via a school friend and started a band together with a few others. This band exists for over 20 years now but has changed quite a lot; I'm the only 'survivor'. We play rock mainly, from 70s till now; not the hits because every band does that already.

Played in a few other bands too (together with the main band), but time and too many other hobbies forced me to do just one band well then a few not well. I consider myself lucky since I play with great musicians (from my point of view at least) and I have quite a lot of freedom what to play (we play covers but never play them 100% like the original).

I started with a Kawai K4 (as real first synth), after that moved to Korg (X5, N264, Triton Extreme, M50). Hope to get a Kronos in some time.

I studied computer science and have a job as sofware designer for mostly embedded systems (large scale systems like x-ray machines, telephone centers, semiconductor wavesteppers). Married with Mariek and having 3 cats.

I went to the 'open day' of the Music Technology school, but decide not to go to that route, because in the Netherlands that market is really small.

Currently I'm merging my work and hobby by an application for most new Korgs called PCG Tools (see my signature for more information).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John Hendry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: This is me.... Reply with quote

Hay all....

As some of you know I've had some legal issues that show we have problems with our US legal system. A search on my name with the word lawsuit will tell you more than you want to know and keep you going as I have over 2500 posts on News-vine alone and stuff tucked away all over the place. But my resent work using SLAC and CERNs research was unexpected and should help make up for the losses.

The two top pics are when I was 37 and 38, and glider pics are in CZ 11 years ago. I look the same pretty much except my hair is darker from no sun and I'm soft from too much typing but I'll get back in shape...
always do.

The R/C glider is my own design and first R/C single stick glider and has thousands of hours in the sky and it fly’s excellent and lived at the beach for years parked over the waves.... one of my best toys and it's safe as it was hanging in the Hood River Hobby shop. I also fly real gliders but been a while.

That's half my keyboard rig in Klickitat WA that was taken...there’s an M1 on 3rd level and Tec WSA1 was just having it's picture taken to sell where another M1 is usually parked. But that was two years ago and M50 was in my truck at the time of the theft so it's my favorite now and a Kronos and new sound rig will fix me up soon. I'm a Korg guy with a few Roland pieces....my JD 800 and 990 are two keepers and as you can see I'm 100% analog in output since I don't record and like the sound but new digital is so much better so time to switch over next rig-build.

Well that's about it for now...oh yea red motor glider is last M17 flying and was in CZ to buy it but 911 stopped shipping it.

John^^

[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img][img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img][img]
[/img]
Harris The Epic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I like these kinds of threads on forums.
It's been a while since I've regularly been on a forum.

Hey guys, I've been technically registered for a while, but I never really got too into posting. I was registered more for the sake of looking for help with my Kronos and stuff.

Well as my name says, my name is Harris, but I'm also known to some as H-Man. (Actually I started calling myself that and then other people caught on. I broke the "no self-nicknaming" rule haha)
I'm an audio engineer trying to become a classical pianist more than just a generic "I kinda know theory lol" musician.
I'm 24 years old, currently majoring in, as I said, Classical piano. However I am certified in Audio Engineering from S.A.E. Institute (New York City, 2010) and do a lot of recording and mixing.
I currently have no job, but I do work yearly teching all Keyboard-related matters for ProgPower USA in Atlanta, GA every September.

My musical tastes, I mostly listen to a lot of different Prog-Rock and Prog-Metal. My favorite band that I can't get enough of right now is Pain of Salvation, but I like Prog on all levels, everything from the softest YES songs to the hardest Meshuggah songs haha.

I keep my rig pretty simple. It's my Kronos 88 and two MIDI controllers, a Novation SL61 MkII and a Samson Graphite 49. I use a Z-Stand for the Kronos, placed under an Ultimate Support Apex for the MIDI controllers. I keep it stereo, run it into a Radial DI and then into whatever PA is present.

I want to get myself a Krome 73 for my band's practice space though. I feel like that would be a perfect practice tool while I can use the Kronos for actual shows and my studio.

Oh and I edit my posts quite often, so they might be worth re-reading from time to time, as something new can pop up in any of my posts at any time.

Here, look at my face.

Here I am, look at my face and the amount of concentration in my eyes lol. That was taken on stage at ProgPower USA this year. I was busy with setting up and they were like "HEY LOOK METAL." so I did that lol
I do wish I could have been shaved though lol

And I'll get serious for a second. This next picture is from earlier this year, I think in July. At the World Trade Center memorial, with my hand next to my father's name. (Alvin Bergsohn)

I know, I'm ugly lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: