Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speaker Suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have tired the QSC K8 10 and 12 speakers and now in my hotel I have a EV ZXA1. My question is do all these self powered PA's have some white noise present all the time? I can turn this down all the way remove any input and it still has some white noise volume control doesn't affect it at all in that it doesn't increase with volume. I do find it a bit bothersome. Perhaps a PA is not the right choice for me. I thought they would be quite. Maybe I should stick with a keyboard amp or drum amp are those quite when no input is present?
Kaden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, cheap noise-free PAs are more or less unobtainium.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back to check out the QSC again. I came home with he K10 turned it on with nothing hooked up and it was every bit as silent as I could hope for, very thrilled now as it came home with me. The EV easily had three or four times as much noise. Now again K8 vs EV ZXA1 I am not sure I wouldn't give the nod to the ev, I would certainly have to try them side by side to be sure but for noise there is no comparison the KB rules with how quite it is in comparison. I could hear the EV over the traffic noise in my hotel room!

Now the K12 had more presence then the K10, naturally I think but the K10 does a really good job and for my uses I think it is perfect and I also will add a sub at some point so the low end presence becomes a moot point then. Anyway I am going to try the 000-18GE in it next. i mounted some K&K pure western minis in it and they sound incredibly natural. I hope the guitar and the K10 love each other also! Very Happy

Kaden it is a sad truth you usually have to pay for the best quality!
trubright

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Simmons amp? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard or tried the Simmons DA200S that's sold by Guitar Center? I'm currently running the WD through a small PA with a Crown amp and Celestion speakers (which sound pretty darn good, btw) but I want something even more compact that will still pack a punch.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaveDrummer had a post somewhere with a bunch of setups he's played. I know Simmons was one of them but not sure if it was that one in particular. I do remember he said if it sounds good for e drums it'll be fine for the wavedrum.
springvloed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written an article about amplification some time ago
Hope this is helpful

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,8.0.html
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article thanks for the link. Obviously I went with the self powered pa. One other thing to consider is will your system be just for the edrums. I also wanted to do live music outside like a giant boom box only better and have a good way to amp up my acoustic guitar. I tired many powered pa's and all had noise through the speaker. I chose these because they have virtually none but they do a darn fan that kicks in when needed and if there is a wall behind you will hear it reflected back but at least the sound isn't coming through the system. I am making some foam traps to put behind it to catch some of that noise and let air flow so it is a fixable irritation. One other comment try them before you buy them and get a return policy. I returned one the next day for noise. Size does matter but may not be a problem. I had great tone, even low end tone, from the little 8 inch ev zx1a but didn't like the noise and the QSCK10 I went with having the 10 inch woofer, doesn't seem to slow down the bass response at all, really defined and present in deep mode but I have to turn it off for the music I play through it because then it is too much.

Anyway great link and I think pretty much spot on. One last thing, as stereo goes, yes in a room you can hear it, some but I wouldn't call it a requirement. Bass freqs seem to fill the room mono or stereo and the mids and highs do shift a bit and maybe with some tweaking of parameters you can get more separation but I have not had a need to do so, so I wouldn't hold out for a stereo system just run left or right out mono and you'll be a happy duck through a good system or in my case self powered pa.
RhythmKats

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Roland Cube CM 30 Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone has tried the Roland Cube cm30 with the Wavedrum. I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive option for amplification.

I accompany dance classes and would primarily be using the amp for this. I also live in the city, so portability is important. I recently bought a looper and it would be nice to run that through an amp for live situations as well. I play percussion exclusively (frame drums, shakers, dumbek, etc) and am just adding the wave drum to my set up.

Especially curious to hear opinions about the low end, but any direct experience with this amp would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: