Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS Estimated Time of Delivery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS Estimated Time of Delivery Reply with quote

apex wrote:
And again.... i didn't order a kronos yet.

Which is why your Sweetwater sales rep, your good buddy, felt "inclined" to give you a call. Because, he is trained personally by Chuck Surack to make customer contact whenever the system triggers an impending "delivery date". Based on your personalized customer profile/buying history, the sales rep is trained to cold call you: a likely customer. It's a means of drumming up pre-order sales. He's also banking on the fact that even if you're not ready to buy, you will, ahem, "return the favor to the community", i.e. be the town yenta - and stir up the word-of-mouth so that potential customers go to the Sweetwater web site.

I dunno, maybe it's my age, maybe it's because I'm from Brooklyn, but I was always taught to "consider the source." Feel free to rant back at me. It's only the internet.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS Estimated Time of Delivery Reply with quote

Ajbbklyn wrote:
Feel free to rant back at me. It's only the internet.

I'd rather not. It's not worth a rant.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW.....I had the same thing happen to me yesterday.....SW contacted me unsolicited yesterday to advise of a change in ETA for Kronos. Last week they were quoting Late March/April for ETA. Yesterday my rep called me to advise of just updated info from their purchasing dept. And I have pre-ordered so no reason for them to blow smoke at me. Very specific info about exactly 20 units of 61 key arriving Feb 1 or shortly thereafter.

At the end of the day... it will be what it will be. I am not counting on it, and even if its June....I'll be happy. Have plenty of gear to play with until delivery. But it did sound credible based on my discussion with SW, who I have a very frank and established rapport with.

My street smarts are as good as anyone's here.....and I didn't detect any BS in this conversation. Perhaps its based on bad intel to begin with.....but the players where quite confident and credible.
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my pre order with SW as well, but have yet to hear anything. I pinged my rep to see what the scoop is. If I hear anything I will let you know. In my experience SW is cautious w/ their release dates, but I would be stunned if I saw this board before April. Could just be an ETA glitch on their end (though I hope it isn't!).
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My long time SW rep said that that info is not correct and the ETA has been revised to April. Yes, perhaps just my ETA is April as there are people in front of me that will be getting boards early, but I will be waiting a few months at least. Hope that helps!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW,

I *JUST* talked to my SW rep and he said the system shows 1st part of May for the KRONOS 88. Not sure if ALL KRONOS' are May, but the 88 is. I was also the 3rd person to pre-order so I'm assuming I'm in the first shipment. I better be anyway. Wink

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's somewhat possible that Korg will show up at Sweetwater to do a product training w/ the staff, though I wouldn't think it would be this far before product launch (and they're not gonna leave those units there for stock). I just don't see 3+ months turning into under 3 weeks like that. Can anyone remember the last new monumental electronic instrument that arrived early.
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
FWIW,

I *JUST* talked to my SW rep and he said the system shows 1st part of May for the KRONOS 88. Not sure if ALL KRONOS' are May, but the 88 is. I was also the 3rd person to pre-order so I'm assuming I'm in the first shipment. I better be anyway. Wink

-Mc

Cool... mine is a 61. Don't know where I am on the pre-order list, but I am guessing I must be amongst the batch of pre-orders.. For the 61 he said "end of April".
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS Estimated Time of Delivery Reply with quote

Ajbbklyn wrote:
your Sweetwater sales rep, your good buddy, is trained personally by Chuck Surack to make customer contact whenever the system triggers an impending "delivery date". Based on your personalized customer profile/buying history, the sales rep is trained to cold call you: a likely customer. He's also banking on the fact that even if you're not ready to buy, you will, ahem, "return the favor to the community", i.e. be the town yenta - and stir up the word-of-mouth so that potential customers go to the Sweetwater web site.I dunno, maybe it's my age, maybe it's because I'm from Brooklyn, but I was always taught to "consider the source." Feel free to rant back at me. It's only the internet.

You make Sweetwater look like a cross-breed between

* Jack Bauer's CTU from the "24" series
* Scientology
* A Brooklyn syndicate. Shocked

Which is probably a mildly flattering assessment. Rolling Eyes
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....hate to break the anticipation....but SW JUST called me, again unsolicited, to advise me that yesterdays exciting info was inaccurate and the revised arrival date at SW of 61 key Kronos is May 4th. They offered huge apologies...said they had their wires crossed.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May the 4th be with you! Sorry, completely off topic but couldn't resist! Wink
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maphill wrote:
I just got a quote from SW (today), and they said "it's going to be quite a while before we get the NAMM stuff but we'll ship it the instant we get it".Mark.

Sounds like Sweetwater is less like a CIA-cum-OpusDei monolythe than previously supposed.

Their concept of "stick to the party line" is "count to three before improvising your own story".

Pepperpotty wrote:
May the 4th be with you! Sorry, completely off topic but couldn't resist! Wink

atta girl... gimme 5!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
I was also the 3rd person to pre-order so I'm assuming I'm in the first shipment. I better be anyway. Wink

Guess who was the first person? Smile
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
McHale wrote:
I was also the 3rd person to pre-order so I'm assuming I'm in the first shipment. I better be anyway. Wink

Guess who was the first person? Smile

While that's a good position to be in, I live just a couple hours from them. Can you guess who will get it FIRST?! Smile Smile Razz
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told I am number 17. And that is just for 61 key units. And that is just at SW. So pre-orders seem active very early in the game from first adopters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: