Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS Estimated Time of Delivery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
I was told I am number 17. And that is just for 61 key units. And that is just at SW. So pre-orders seem active very early in the game from first adopters.

One day you will be remembered as the Daring Legion of Beta Testers

(aka: "Those disgruntled guys in Kronos forum who go on ranting abiout how they didn't get updtates and got screwed up now that Korg released the Photon [2013's megasynth with open, but really open, no, swear, this time it's true, open architecture]").
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
Korg released the Photon

Hey, that's actually a great name for a synth. Razz

Kind of drags a bit to Hartmann Neuron, though. Razz
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
RonF wrote:
I was told I am number 17. And that is just for 61 key units. And that is just at SW. So pre-orders seem active very early in the game from first adopters.

One day you will be remembered as the Daring Legion of Beta Testers

(aka: "Those disgruntled guys in Kronos forum who go on ranting abiout how they didn't get updtates and got screwed up now that Korg released the Photon [2013's megasynth with open, but really open, no, swear, this time it's true, open architecture]").

That general "argument" never made much sense to me. I buy gear that's available at the time, knowing full well what I am getting in to. I won't be complaining after my purchase. On the contrary, I may share my experience with others as I try to exploit my purchase to its maximum. That's all part of the ownership experience!

And a few years from now, when Korg inevitably releases its next bigger better workstation, I will be likely be thoroughly excited and standing first in line to buy IT, with no grudge and no disillusions. This is what is exciting about music technology. I don't NEED any of these workstations. My Ensoniq ESQ-1 from the 80's was more than enough keyboard for me to make all the music in my head and my heart. But experiencing and partaking in the advancement of this technology is a joy. All of it! Occasional bugs included.....of which Korg has always been ahead of the curve, releasing predominantly bullet proof fully functional products.

Buying flagship workstations every few years is a bit of an expensive "hobby" to be an enthusiast in. For many here its more than a hobby, its a career (or at least a pay check!). But if you can't afford the price of admission.....then do you really NEED a Kronos?, or a Photon?, or whatever is next beyond? I buy them cause I love em....the whole experience. That is what I spend my money on! Some purchases prove over time to be outstanding, and some not so much. But that is why I make discerning choices. The Kronos seems a no brainer for me to partake in. Whether I buy it now or 2 years from now, I will milk the experience for all its worth, and get my money's worth in enjoyment. Making music?....I can do THAT ten fold with the gear I have now! Kronos is just way "Cooler"!

JMHO

Smile
AK-Jake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
Hope none of you people has a night job as a air traffic controller.

It's funny you should mention that, because I AM an Air Traffic Controller. I've worked at Cleveland Air Traffic Control Tower, Boston Tower, and just left Washington Dulles Tower on my way back home to Anchorage TRACON (Terminal Radar Approach CONtrol). And yes, I work my fair share of nights. Happily, I'm still able to play in a rock band to keep my sanity. Wouldn't want to have an "oops moment" by being overworked and overstressed, you know?

And to comfort you all, the most dangerous time of flight is roughly the first 2 minutes of departure and the last 2 minutes (or so) of arrival. That's when the majority of crashes occur. If you saw what we Controllers actually have to do for a living, you'd never fly again.

HAPPY FLYING!!! Cool
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater informed me that I am the 18th order of the Kronos 88. I'll be easily getting one from their first shipment of 40.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Sweetwater informed me that I am the 18th order of the Kronos 88. I'll be easily getting one from their first shipment of 40.

Congrats! Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:

Nice! did they match that $3599 price that's been floating around?
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a working musician so my gear pays for itself many times over, so i like upgrading with the latest gear, its like getting a new car to me, the feeling of opening the box and seeing my brand spanking new, pristine board for the first time still makes me giddy like a little kid at christmas,and at 47 it's nice to have that feeling every once in a while, and thats the way i'll feel when i buy my kronos 61 Laughing
(and it only weighs 27 pounds which is good for me: triton le only weighed 17 pounds but didn't have moss option)
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
MartinHines wrote:
McHale wrote:
I was also the 3rd person to pre-order so I'm assuming I'm in the first shipment. I better be anyway. Wink

Guess who was the first person? Smile

While that's a good position to be in, I live just a couple hours from them. Can you guess who will get it FIRST?! Smile Smile Razz

Got me there!! Smile

jeebustrain wrote:
Nice! did they match that $3599 price that's been floating around?

Yes. My Sweetwater rep hit me for a $40 shipping charge, while McHale's Sweetwater rep gave him free shipping.

The originator of the $200 off (any of the three models) is NovaMusik.com
http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Manufacturer&keyword=35&mid=35
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK-Jake wrote:
If you saw what we Controllers actually have to do for a living, you'd never fly again.

I know, I know. Not least because I have friends in civil aviation. You know, the smart guys with nice shirts and funny bags and wings and the stuff?

They love you people. No, really. And they tell all kind of nice stories about you.

They say that you people just checksum the takeoffs and the landings, and if the takeoffs outnumber the landings by less than 3 units for the day, you call it "more or less even" and go home for the week-end.

(I think it's a old aircarrier pilot joke, rehashed for the civilian world).

And still... I manage to fly. Rolling Eyes

But only because there's no way of driving a car on the Ocean Shocked

Wink
Bach42t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:

And I was told I am the 601st for the 73. I guess it's going to be a while Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
My Sweetwater rep hit me for a $40 shipping charge, while McHale's Sweetwater rep gave him free shipping.

BTW, I asked my rep about this. Specifically, "Why do some of us get free shipping while others have to pay and some get it cheaper than others for the exact same product?"

Answer: "It's up to the discretion of the sales rep."

My response: "So you're saying I need to change my sales associate?"

I'd call back and tell him you want that removed. Nova is giving free shipping. SW should match it. If he says no, I have a sales rep for you that will (and it's not mine).
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="McHale"]
MartinHines wrote:
My Sweetwater rep hit me for a $40 shipping charge, while McHale's Sweetwater rep gave him free shipping.

McHale wrote:
My response: "So you're saying I need to change my sales associate?"

because you want to pay 40 dollars more?!? Think
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alesis have already used that name for a little 25 key controller keyboard 5 or so years ago ...

EvilDragon wrote:
ozy wrote:
Korg released the Photon

Hey, that's actually a great name for a synth. Razz

Kind of drags a bit to Hartmann Neuron, though. Razz

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pj13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Spring from Sweetwater Reply with quote

this is a quote from the Kronos 88 page at Sweetwater

"The new Korg Kronos is expected to begin shipping in Spring 2011. Thanks to Sweetwater's excellent relationship with Korg, our shipments will arrive as early as anyones, so reserve your Kronos with us via pre-order as soon as possible, so that we can ship your Kronos to you from our earliest possible shipment."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: