Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion to Korg for SV-1 Operating system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Suggestion to Korg for SV-1 Operating system Reply with quote

I have just got myself an SV-1 and loving this,what a great no fuss instrument and sounds wonderful as well as looks amazing.eventually got the Editor to work after some hair pulling moments....

Anyway,not sure how the SV memory works,but have wondered if Korg would be able to implement an update to the OS to make more favourite locations??so you could have 8 banks of 8 Favourites.

I know you can overwrite the internal sound banks for ones you prefer or your own using the various soundpacks to mix and match to your liking within the editor,but would like to keep these rather than have to overwrite them to access more types of sounds or have to use the editor to chop and change

I wondered if Korg were able to expand the amount of favourites locations by means of each of the favourites buttons could double to become a bank button as well by means of For example holding the "Function" and "Touch" buttons together(or another button combination) and then pressing anyone of the 1-8 Favorites buttons,to access further banks giving 64 favourites locations

So if there were more banks...... to access favourite sound 2 in bank 3 you would press and hold "Function" and "Hold" and press Favourites number 3 to access bank 3 then release "function" and "hold" and press favourites number 2 etc!!!!
Siriosys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking of a similar idea as you.

I too, want to keep the "native" sounds and only save my "varients" of them as "favourites". However, your way of selecting sounds seems that you would need two hands off the keyboard to do it - not an ideal situation.

I'm wondering if it would be possible for Korg to configure the favourites keys so that you could press and hold the first button and then tap the second - so for example, to get favourite 26, momentarily hold down 2 and press 6 once - at this point, both the 2 and 6 buttons should be lit up. Pressing any other button or combination there-of, releases the current "sound" and selects a new one - without a gap in playback.

Obviously, the downside to my idea would be that "double-digit" favourites such as 11, 22, 33, 44 etc etc would be indistinguishable from 1, 2, 3, 4. Dropping the double-digit favs only reduces the total available favourites by 8.

This would also mean that it's a one-handed job to select more favourites. Having to take both hands off the keyboard to select another sound is just not acceptable by todays DP standards.
MBPro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: