Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drums and Drum Track.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Drums and Drum Track. Reply with quote

Some things that haven't been brought up alot so far. I'm curious about what drumtrack is. Is it a special feature?
I also wonder if there are any Simmons Electronic drum samples in the drum kits of Kronos?
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know more about this as well.

Are they fixed MIDI patterns or do they respond to your playing in some fashion? If they are fixed patterns, can you trigger more than one per song?

Can you alter the Drum Tracks in real time (ala Karma)?

Can you convert a Drum Track to MIDI?

Finally, though I know Korg has preselected a drum track per program, I assume you can change the pattern/kit?

Thanks!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the way it works in the M3 and M50:

Quote:
Are they fixed MIDI patterns or do they respond to your playing in some fashion? If they are fixed patterns, can you trigger more than one per song?

Can you alter the Drum Tracks in real time (ala Karma)?

They are just 'fixed MIDI patterns'. It is really intended as a quick inspirational tool, for those who want some kind of rhythm, rather than a complete production function. KARMA can generate drums too with much more flexibility and respond to the way you are playing etc.
I've often thought it would be cool if different patterns could be linked in with different KARMA scenes, but AFAIK in its present state this is not implemented.

Quote:
Finally, though I know Korg has preselected a drum track per program, I assume you can change the pattern/kit?

Typically, all of the parameters that make up a performance or sound in a Korg synth are editable. They leave nothing 'fixed'. What would be the point in completely changing a for example a techno synth lead to a piano patch if you were still stuck with the techno drum pattern and sound? Laughing
Certainly on the M3 and M50, you can choose both the drum kit and the pattern used for each program or combi.

Quote:
Can you convert a Drum Track to MIDI?

In the M3 and M50 (again), they are a part of the standard pattern set, any of which can be pasted to a track in sequencer mode. You can also create your own drum track patterns.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^That all makes sense. As always X-Trade, thanks for taking the time to share some of your knowledge. It is most appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: