Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for RichF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
EnjoyRC wrote:

Here's your music stand... http://www.criskenna.com

One problem with this (if mounted on a mic stand) or a traditional music stand, is that the base ends up sitting on the floor right where the damper / hold pedal is placed. So, you end up having to have the music stand off centre or the foot pedal off centre.

I wonder how much it would affect the production cost of kronos, to make two holes in the Kronos body. Could make it unofficially compatible with the Nord Stage Music stand or make a new industry standard with Clavia. I'm sure many musicians would replace their synth and stage piano (which often do have music stand) with a Kronos. I see people talking about that in several forums. "I can replace all my gear with a Kronos" And I'm one of them!
alanforrest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I'd like to see an integral mic stand mount...as somebody already alluded to, it IS a pain in the rear trying to work out where to put 3 legs of a mic stand plus your keyboard stand plus your pedals and still have everything where it needs to be. And then korg could make even more money by making the cut-off, superadjustable korg mic stand attachments Wink

although perhaps it would be better to have the mount in the keyboard stand, not the keyboard...does that exist yet, that anyone knows of? Smile
thekeymaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this and I have to say it's the best stand I have ever owned,it has the mic holder at the top for a boom arm attachment which could be adapted for a music stand head. Of course its not cheap but you get what you pay for.Brilliant stand.

http://www.spiderpro.de/english/index.html#

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUBwzRqzNc

Cake Muncher
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekeymaster wrote:
I use this and I have to say it's the best stand I have ever owned,it has the mic holder at the top for a boom arm attachment. Of course its not cheap but you get what you pay for.Brilliant stand.

As the Latins say, maybe "de gustibus non est disputandum..." But, for me, that stand was completely useless, I had it years ago. Its "legs" that sit on the floor were too close together and I couldn't put my legs anywhere to feel comfortable, not to mention pedals.

It has nothing to do with its build quality, though, that one is pretty awesome.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely LOVE Spider Pro. Gonna get one in black. Smile
mrk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to stack two 88keys boards on one stand. For one I'm currently using a usual X-stand. But if I play on the outsides it starts to swing a little. Not really much, but a little.

I really would like a stand that is rock solid in that case. I thought about those with 4 legs like a table. That spider thing again looks like it would swing a little. Or is it really that stable?

thx for your opinions!
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spider is really stable (handles 35 kg per tier). However those table-looking stands might be a better choice for you.
mrk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a bunch EvilDragon! I was afraid so. Yamaha had one for the CP-1, but the price was .. well .. let's say 'funny'. I think there should be some around $200..$300 that are already quite ok.

(Anyway this is just for home usage where I currently have a Motif XS8 to fiddle around in spare time. I am thinking about getting a Kronos 88 as well and wanted to stack those. So I will need a new stand either way.)
TheLeadingSaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spider pro is a great stand. From my experience with it, it had enough room for a sustain, a footswitch and an expression pedal at once.

If you need a stable stand even when it is mounted with a couple of 88 keys, you should narrow down your search to column stands because second tier X stands just aren't stable enough for an 88. Z stands are also an option, I don't like them because it takes 10 minutes to make the two sides equal. Another option is rack stands, such as On Stage Stands frame style stands. But honestly, I think the Spider Pro looks better and very stable.

By the way, making a built in music stand on the Kronos is a bad idea because it can't be used when you have a second tier (with Kronos being on the first tier). That would add a few dollars to the Kronos, which you could use to buy a tripod music sheet stand which also can be used as a laptop stand, a way better buy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: