Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April if..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopStarWannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April if.. Reply with quote

...they don't promise us they will implement Karma 3.0 in the Kronos at some point in future (not too far ahead though)!!!

Then, after I get out of jail (namely I won't have money to pay the damage, because immediately after setting fire, I'll run to the Music Store and spend all my savings on a dozen Motif XFs and then sell these for 1 Euro each to Korg enthusiasts) from my first salary I'll buy myself a Motif XF and give up Korg forever!

Korg, do you have any idea how frustrating it feels for the Korg fans to know, that at the time when delivery for the Korg's top-of-the-line product starts, the users from a DIFFERENT keyboard manufacturer will benefit from Karma-Lab's top-of-the-line-product???

It is UNFAIR! Because Karma was for very many Korg users the decisive reason to stick with Korg. My case: I came to work with Karma Workstation (that my band mate had purchased), I fell in love with the Karma technology, and I then later purchased the M3 for myself, only because it had Karma.

Ok, we understand, you had a lot on your plate with the completion and release of the Kronos... But at some point in future you HAVE to give us the latest Karma in the Kronos AT LEAST!! - not to mention the M3 and Oasys. Stephen Kay said it's technically possible to implement it into the board(s) via a download-able update patch, just like a regular OS update.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

PopStarWannabe wrote:

Korg, do you have any idea how frustrating it feels for the Korg fans to know, that at the time when delivery for the Korg's top-of-the-line product starts, the users from a DIFFERENT keyboard manufacturer will benefit from Karma-Lab's top-of-the-line-product???

However, you're not comparing the same thing. The Motif XS / XF have NO Karma function on board, whatsoever. External software, requiring a computer, is needed to add the Karma function.

Whereas, the Kronos will have Karma on board, albeit not the version that you apparently desire.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're setting fire to things and no doubt taking hostages, will you ask them if they'll reconsider a 76 (not 73) key semi-weighted keybed?

Do me a favor though. Don't hurt anyone. I like Korg.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that, they might turn around and set fire to the Karma 3 source code, just for spite. Wink
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The natives are getting restless.....

Those Egyptians in the streets might have chosen the right method for effective change.

If you Karma enthusiasts think you've been wronged, we electribe users waited 7 years.... to get an "upgrade" consisting of an SD slot to replace an SM slot. It's one of the many "come on, you've gotta be f#*@$ing joking" moments Korg has been doing lately.

How awesome would it be to have a Karmafied Groovebox? But I've given up hope that Korg will do anything that great, based on their latest stunts. The Tribe is sick of doing the rain dance without success, so the war dance with face paint and the sacrifice of some virgin guitar tuners is probably next.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a new lighter... Who brings some gas?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

PopStarWannabe wrote:
Stephen Kay said it's technically possible to implement it into the board(s) via a download-able update patch, just like a regular OS update.

To be completely accurate, what I said was "It's technically possible. But it would be a huge engineering job, so I think the only one that would ever have a chance of happening, at this point, is the Kronos. And don't take my saying that as any kind of a promise or indication. I simply don't control that decision..."

And to further clarify, KARMA is part of the OS. It's not a separate module that can be updated separately. Any changes to KARMA Functionality is a change to the OS and would be part of an OS update, were it to ever happen.

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
PopStarWannabe wrote:
Stephen Kay said it's technically possible to implement it into the board(s) via a download-able update patch, just like a regular OS update.

To be completely accurate, what I said was "It's technically possible. But it would be a huge engineering job, so I think the only one that would ever have a chance of happening, at this point, is the Kronos. And don't take my saying that as any kind of a promise or indication. I simply don't control that decision..."

And to further clarify, KARMA is part of the OS. It's not a separate module that can be updated separately. Any changes to KARMA Functionality is a change to the OS and would be part of an OS update, were it to ever happen.

Still got no clue why they didn't implement KARMA 3.0 in the first place if it was avaialble..

The only reason i can think of is that it would have delayed the Release of KRONOS.
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Still got no clue why they didn't implement KARMA 3.0 in the first place if it was avaialble..

The only reason i can think of is that it would have delayed the Release of KRONOS.

I'm sort of hoping that this also explains why they left in that old sequencer rather than using the new-and-improved M3 version. And so, while I fully understand that I can't EXPECT anything new from the Kronos that I buy, I am certainly HOPING that these things will be coming down the road, once they've had the time to implement them...
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then end up on every newspaper in the world...KORG attacked,
users demand more rights and democracy...Terorism Alert!
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
And then end up on every newspaper in the world...KORG attacked,users demand more rights and democracy...Terorism Alert!

no, please. I am still in the reserve's lists. Confused

Can't you just go on hunger strike?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

PopStarWannabe wrote:
I'll run to the Music Store and spend all my savings on a dozen Motif XFs and then sell these for 1 Euro each to Korg enthusiasts) from my first salary I'll buy myself a Motif XF and give up Korg forever!

I suspect the Kronos will never have Karma v3.0. If Korg wanted it, they would have added it as part of the development.

I personally think you should skip the "setting on fire part". Why not simply buy the Motif XFs?

Let me be the first name you put on your "Motif XF for 1 Euro" list. I would like a Motif XF7, and I will even pay for shipping from Germany to the U.S.

Thanks for the generous offer!! Smile
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

Let me be the first name you put on your "Motif XF for 1 Euro" list. I would like a Motif XF7, and I will even pay for shipping from Germany to the U.S.

Thanks for the generous offer!! Smile

I'll commit to 5, but I expect a discount! Say, €4 for 5?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: