Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John/ellll Jan, 2011, OSAM, Only She

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: John/ellll Jan, 2011, OSAM, Only She Reply with quote

Friends,

Long (10min) but you needent listen to it all if you choose not to...

Piano to start for January, and its an improvisation... I play one as mood fits and then go back and remove bad notes, improve the WORST of the velocity probs and may add a not e on occasion.

I dont like to change them a lot as it changes what I was feeling.. Anyway

Only She ...... can ever be the one I love...!

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/OnlyShe.mp3

Regards and thanks!!!! If you listen to all of this Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Turn it up...
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to it all. Very pretty. I love how it all just flows together nicely. Usually when I record long piano improvisations, I tend to play a little too fast in the end....or throw in too many different ideas, or too little.. When I'm not recording, I'm not too bad, I love improvising.

But this works really well. Nice to sit back and relax to. A great skillful recording. I enjoyed it Cool

What did you use to record this btw?
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again My friend Very nice and kind comments and I appreciate your willingness to do so!

Actually I hate making people fall from their chairs and getting a bruise but I use an 01Wfd through a OLD!! better grade Technics receiver and a small radio shack mixer/eq... ALL of it prone to trouble. My story here is an old one..; I am technically a dunce and could NEVER find anything I liked to replace what I am doing so I keep promising myself and ....never get it done...

sorry Embarassed However.... I have to now as I am having a dead spot show up in the Rec, so its about gone...

I play piano the same on any instrument .., BUT as you know it is easier for the fine points on these Yamaha made non weighted keys Very Happy I majored in piano/choral in college and have a small grand here as well..

Thanks again and my best regards!! Keep up the good stuff ..Its REALLY nice!!!

My Best John...
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so jealous. I love to improvise too, but I rarely record anything and it never sounds like this. I think your recording is very nice, hopefully the technology doesn't fail you too badly. At the 3 minute mark you do what I was hoping for. It's maybe not a true key change, but something like that. I would be interested to hear another version of this, after the dust has settled and you've found the themes that have surfaced here. There seem to be some spots where it does sound like an improvisation, yet there are other moments when it just comes alive with wonder and sounds as if it were written meticulously and labored over. I am enjoying having you back again. I have missed hearing you play.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George Very Happy So NICE to be here again and I will stay with it to the end....

Thanks for your kind and interested comments. You have done much to encourage me to keep this strange pattern going and I DO enjoy it. I DO also this time however, HOPE to do some other instrumental songs and compositions...

The truth of this is ., it is pretty well unfinished and I do NEED to remove some of the sleepy areas and maybe come into a more COMPLETE single piece here Very Happy I will try!!!

George, I DO so appreciate your continued interest in others as well. You have been a guiding light to many others over the years including myself! Keep it up so we can put you in the record book somewhere soon Cool

My Best Regards always, and thanks again for your kind comments!!!

John, Johnny, ellll Very Happy
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

This is very beautiful and you have reminded me of your amazing improvisation ability that we heard in previous Osams. Thank you for putting this one on, and no, I didn't fall off my chair (or get a bruise Smile ) over your using an 01Wfd! I have one myself, as well as a Korg Triton, but am not using it much at the moment because of a problem with the midi connection.

I loved the little theme that occurs throughout and also the modulation at about one-third through the song.

Regards from
Dee
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again Dee.... How nice to hear from you.

Thanks much for kind comments!! You were good to me and listened without fail and helped in prev. OSAM's and I remember well.I will TRY to do that for you this time!I am MOST pleased you didn't fall off the chair... No bruises needed!!! I am sure.....and the old 01W will be o.k. for this run but I will look at something newer soon!!!!

I know I over do modulations....; running all over the place at times, but ... its just kind of in me and I did less in this one.., so Thanks for accepting my things so well. The themes you know I do write/play based on a few other people for whom I have written themes.. and one in particular that reminds me of the road I found myself on finally, getting here and through the music many times....

thanks again for your Super support, and support for others on the forum, and the forum, as well!!!!

Your Friend..!! Johnny Very Happy Very Happy
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was listening to this I imagined myself proposing to a hypothetical fiance in an uber nice hypothetical five-star restaurant Laughing Piano player jamming away while we slurp on the same spaghetti noodle...

The only lady next to me is my 90lb pitbull Blondie, so we sat hand in paw listening to your piece. Blondie approves of this song.
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I listened to the whole song and liked it a lot. I'm taking piano lessons to be able to play and improvise like that. I will keep this one in my itunes library.

Did you play on a real piano or was it a synthesizer?

sewa
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!!!!!! Sewa How nice to hear from you and thank you for your kindness!!!

It was done on the 01Wfd.... I still like the piano on the old 01W the best Shocked

I am so glad to see a part of this group back and willing, and seeing you here reminds me of the past and the way it built a viable community of musicians right here!

Thanks for being here with me and others and I hope we all will gain perhaps with the help of each other as we did in our earlier cycles!

GOOD INDEED to see an old friend

My Best Regards!!! Ellll , Johnny or John Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Charles,

Thanks for the nice regards for my poor song.... I have been doing improvs so long ..I cant do anything else it seems Embarassed Embarassed

I am thrilled that Blondie approves and she sounds like a real catch to me! Very Happy

Hope you will continue to develop the great ideas you have presented to us!

Thanks SO MUCH for your kind listening to my song!!!!!!!!

My Best Regards!!! John, Johnny, ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man,
How I`ve missed this....just a joy to listen to you play John! Goosebumps on goosebumps.......
Cheers!
Ron Laughing
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron VERRRYYY Anxious to hear you!!! Thanks for listening and speaking so kindly of it !!

I hope to LEARN a bit better ways this year to do things so...I will try for something different SOMETIME I hope..

Best, Ron!!! Sure have missed hearing your things!!!

Johnny, John, Ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
joet63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, you've done it for me again mate, your playing of improvisation is really good, like everyone else I think we'd all like to play like you and improvise as well too. I can honestly say I love this piece, it unwinds me after my days work and for that I am grateful, please keep up this good work.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

And thanks for the nice words... I DO love doing this and realize at the same time, it's pretty tame for today, but I am poor at putting together drum tracks adn this way I escape that and still have fun and do chordal structure , which I like to do ...

Thanks SO MUCH for the listen It is TRULY appreciated!!!

My Regards...Johnny, John or ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I answer to most anything Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: