Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos' Arpeggiator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so,
but if you have some time why don't go through the software documentation:

http://www.karma-lab.com/karmasoft/kk/files/KARMA_Kronos_Help_2.2.11.pdf

http://www.karma-lab.com/karmasoft/kk/docs.html

This will give you better idea of how Karma works and what all you can do with that.

on another note, if it's up to Korg how to do it, they could just have added an arp mode in the existing step sequencer along with chord detection and some basic parameters. No need to re-invent the wheel, but again that might have left that in hind sight or that just might not have been possible.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you, the main reason I ask you is that I don't have time, nor Karma software.
Are you sure, or is it just your assumption that it cannot be done?
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
Still no reply, as if no one is interested, and.. It is impossible, because from the very start mr Kay had licensed Karma to Korg under conditions that they incorporate only Karma player into their keyboards, leaving Karma "recorder" to his revenue as an external software. That's why Korg will never include a Karma editor into Kronos - this point seems to be a part of Karma's license.

So, my personal subjective conclusion is as follows - don't wait for Karma editor in Kronos, it will never happen, due to Karma license restrictions.

Not true. The license has nothing to do with it.

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
Can this software program a custom GE, which uses Karma switches on the keyboard as a step pattern input, and the sliders as a step's pitch value?
Then we could use this GE as a mono programmable arpeggiator. Is this possible?

It might be possible. A Drum GE "Melodic Type" has rows which specify note numbers. You could control a total of 21 input pitches from the 32 GE RT Parameters, which can in turn be assigned to real-time controllers.

Given that there are 21 (an odd number), it might be more useful to use 16 of them and look at it as a programmable 16 note step sequencer. I'm out of town at the moment, but it's an interesting idea and I may take a look at it when I get back, see how practical it might be when set up like that.

Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Mr. Stephen for all your work and reply, you've definitely inspired me!
If you succeed, I hope you will generously share that long awaited custom "step sequencer" GE with us here)
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have found Stephen's post on the subject:

Quote:
Let me reiterate this again, very loudly: I ALREADY HAVE WRITTEN THE CODE THAT WOULD ALLOW KORG TO INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO CREATE GES DIRECTLY FROM PORTIONS OF A SEQUENCER TRACK OR PATTERNS TAKEN FROM THOSE TRACKS, BUT THEY HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO IMPLEMENT IT. IT'S NOT MY DECISION.

So, happily, I was wrong, and there is a chance. My apologies for being so suspicious))
I cannot find that drum GE, "Melodic type", could anyone tell its exact number to dial?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
I cannot find that drum GE, "Melodic type", could anyone tell its exact number to dial?

It's not a specific GE. I was speaking generally.

There are 4 GE "Types", with "Drum" being one of them. A Drum GE can be used for drums, or be used for notes (melodic). Actually, this relates to the RTC Model that is applied to the GE and how the parameters are set up. So "Melodic Drum GEs" are used for riffs and arpeggios (not drums per se).

So what I was saying is that a custom Melodic Drum GE could perhaps be set up with control over the notes in the sequence like a step sequencer (sort of). I was not saying that one of these exists in the current factory voicing (it doesn't).

Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thank you for clarification Stephen.
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any news on this idea, anyone?
Savante

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade Karma on the Kronos for the programmable arpeggiator in Krome in a heartbeat.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned a hardware arpeggiator that could be used with the Kronos. However, they didn't mention the name of that device.

Does anyone know what that is? I'd like to check out such an option.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2eL_0rCBE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pmp3sR91ak&feature=channel

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savante wrote:
I would trade Karma on the Kronos for the programmable arpeggiator in Krome in a heartbeat.

+1
I miss the Korg Triton programmable arpeggiator.
Can't understand how such a thing doesn't come standard in a flagship workstation like the Kronos.
Should be considered for eventual next OS updates
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Stephen, could you check this idea we discussed earlier?
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of hardware synths that do have an arp, but no karma!!!

My pulse 2 analog synth also has an arp with Midi out , so that is one device I can tell works for sure.
If you bring an iPad as an instrument into the equation, you can have much much more.

There is also the karma software. Sorry if I don't get it, but while a lot would spend $3K on a synth, even sound libraries, but won't on some software tools that extend the absolute functionality, that developer(s) has put in countless hours in making.
Maybe Korg should provide that software free, sure but what about the developer and their ROI? If Korg were to raise the price of Kronos by $500 and as well to pay the developers of software extension tools, how about that?
How would you like if you were made to pay for some of the extension tools that you don't need?

Everything boils down to $$$, like it/agree or not. Eventually that is going to drive business decisions and what goes in and what not; ( provided if that at all is feasible within current spec constraints, and its impact on other critical processes/resources)
Korg may in fact have given a serious consideration to the requested features, and found them unfeasible, due to what I said above. We won't know about it nor are we required to.

It's fine to wish for features, however there are way too many other variables in the equation that we dont know about. I am glad that KORG is still managing to bring in whatever new enhancements to Kronos is software when possible.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought the Karma software, and now manage to create a arpeggiator GE which can use sliders to input pitches and buttons to mute notes. But all I've succeeded - to make slider 2 change pitch of a note in a note sequence. So I'm asking Stephen if he could create such a Kronos user programmable GE.

Last edited by Aziz1008 on Sun May 21, 2017 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If even Stephen, the Karma creator says he needs to experiment with Karma to tell whether it can be programmed for user pattern input, then what to speak of us.. Karma software lacks a clear written scheme of its hierarchy, to see what controls what, otherwise it is completely try and error useless approach to learning it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: