Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Articulation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Articulation Reply with quote

Yamaha has their super articulation voices, Roland has its AP (Articulativ Phrase) synthesis and even KORG PA has DNC voices...

Espescially when covering acoustic instruments this technollogy adds a lot of refreshing possibilities to your playing..

I can't understand that they didn't incorporate this intoo the KRONOS, espescially since KORG has experience with this technollogy inhouse. It could make up for the absence of an engine to cover Brass, wood and reed instruments..

They really should add this technollogy to the KRONOS as a kind of layer that could be added to any program
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Key-Off Reply with quote

Are you saying that it doesnt have the key-off feature or are you refering to something else?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advanced articulations are more than key-off. There's special behavior programmed and function buttons to control the articulations. For example, Superarticulation can do a guitar slide when you hammer a key three or four notes up from a current note, but not when you hammer six notes up. Brass falls, shakes, trills, and other articulations can be added to the last note of a phrase using function buttons, as another example.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means keyswitches, dynamic keyswitches, round-robin, legato recognition and stuff like that.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
Advanced articulations are more than key-off. There's special behavior programmed and function buttons to control the articulations. For example, Superarticulation can do a guitar slide when you hammer a key three or four notes up from a current note, but not when you hammer six notes up. Brass falls, shakes, trills, and other articulations can be added to the last note of a phrase using function buttons, as another example.

EvilDragon wrote:
I think he means keyswitches, dynamic keyswitches, round-robin, legato recognition and stuff like that.

These are just a few of the things one can program with this technic.

Did you guys never play a V-synth? Its the biggest thing that happened in the arranger world over the last ten years... Its somehting that allows for more creativity...

I use mind controll in combination with Kontakt 4...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFYyYWZrYk

This video explains a lot of the possibilities of the technollogy

Last edited by Bachus on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<edit>

Last edited by EvilDragon on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Bachus Reply with quote

Wow! now i understand why you would miss this feature on any workstation.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap that's amazing. Seriously...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Mind Control is awesome. Very, very useful if you have sample libraries with lots of articulations (EWQLSO, old GIGA version of VSL, you name it).

Greg is a good friend of mine. Smile
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Yep, Mind Control is awesome. Very, very useful if you have sample libraries with lots of articulations (EWQLSO, old GIGA version of VSL, you name it).

Now thats thinking inside of the box...

Now think about about KRONOS and synthsound and combining the different synth engines to create truely new articulative sounds... The possibilities are endless....
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Articulation Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Yamaha has their super articulation voices, Roland has its AP (Articulativ Phrase) synthesis and even KORG PA has DNC voices...

Espescially when covering acoustic instruments this technollogy adds a lot of refreshing possibilities to your playing..

I can't understand that they didn't incorporate this intoo the KRONOS, espescially since KORG has experience with this technollogy inhouse. It could make up for the absence of an engine to cover Brass, wood and reed instruments..

They really should add this technollogy to the KRONOS as a kind of layer that could be added to any program

This kind of technology comes from the arranger world, where the acoustical instruments must sound as close to the real thing as possible.

Yamaha implemented AP in their Tyros long before it came into their Motif range with the XS.

From a technical point of vue it is not difficult to make a universal instrument: a keyboard instrument is just a specialized computer. A synth could become an arranger by adding auto accompaniment features to its software, and an arranger could become a synth by adding full editability to its synth engine.

Maybe the answer lies in marketing segmentation...
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:

Yep, and so is Kontakt. I just love that thing, it's one of those applications that just... works. And that's a pretty good guitar sound Smile Wonder which library that is Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mind-control is fantastic.

Seriously powerful.

I'm a cynical old git now, and it takes much to impress me, but "hands up" - I'm impressed.

Off to look at buying Kontact.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
And that's a pretty good guitar sound Smile Wonder which library that is Smile

The clean samples you're hearing in that Mind Control video? That's a selection from Orange Tree Samples' Evolution Electric Guitar, you get this small selection when you purchase Mind Control. Of course, I have the full thing. It's absolutely brimming!
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:

The clean samples you're hearing in that Mind Control video? That's a selection from Orange Tree Samples' Evolution Electric Guitar, you get this small selection when you purchase Mind Control. Of course, I have the full thing. It's absolutely brimming!

Pretty much amazing. If I wasn't playing the damn thing, I'd seriously consider buying this as it sounds very, very good! Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: