Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wd oriental - output level - can this be true?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: wd oriental - output level - can this be true? Reply with quote

hello everybody, i've read couple threads about this but still couldn't believe i am doing all right. hoping i am missing something basic so someone can give me hand.

i unpacked the wavedrum newly. connected it 'direct' to my not so cheap soundcard's line input where i input a synth comfortably. there was no audible sound whatsoever. soon i was thinking my WD had a problem so called the tech service etc. then realised i could barely hear the loops play, so checked this forum and made some add changes (like hold down bank & power up select 2 etc) and now i am barely hearing the treb.s at possibly a 15-20 db higher push when compared to a synth connected to the same input.

i didn't do any calibration yet, can i expect a miracle there?
or is everbody using the wavedrum with preamps?

thx for any feedback.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting if it is as low as you say I would think you have a problem and return it for another. My output was low so I did the change you did also and I play it through my KRK monitors, not super loud but not s low as you seem to be hearing it!
kerems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx bertotti at least some reference, i pushed the volume really hard on the card and the daw ... actually the sound's quality is quite nice only very very (very ... Smile low so guess a try through a preamp will show me. thx for your time anyway.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: wd oriental - output level - can this be true? Reply with quote

kerems wrote:
i could barely hear the loops play, so checked this forum and made some add changes (like hold down bank & power up select 2 etc) and now i am barely hearing the treb.s

A few things here.
I'm not sure what that last word is. Do you mean "trebs" as in treble (or high) frequencies?

Make sure that you saved your output settings (x2) otherwise they will not be effective. Also, make sure you're aware of how to adjust the loop volume separately from the playing surface volume.

1. Hold down the BANK/MODE button and press button 4 to enter Global mode.
2. Press the BANK/MODE button (several times). The display will indicate Con (Common).
3. Press button 4. The loop phrase will sound. Each time you press the button, the status will alternate between start (PLy) and stop (oFF).
4. To adjust the volume, turn the VALUE knob when button 4 selected.
5. To switch the loop phrase, press button 3 to make the display indicate L o P, and turn the VALUE knob (See Voice Name List).

If you want to play a different program, hold down the BANK/MODE button and press button 1 to enter Live mode, and then switch the program.
To stop playback, hold down the BANK/MODE button and press button 4 to enter Global mode, and press button 4 in the Con (Common) page.

Quote:
i didn't do any calibration yet, can i expect a miracle there?
or is everbody using the wavedrum with preamps?

I never use an external preamp with my wavedrums, so that shouldn't be necessary. But I must qualify that. Whether playing live or in the studio, I am usually plugging it into a mixer, and every channel on a mixer essentially is a preamp. Otherwise I'm plugging directly into a powered speaker or combo-style amp without any issues. I have never tried plugging directly into a soundcard though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: