Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Str1 and HD1 on KRONOS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Str1 and HD1 on KRONOS? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Has anyone tried their hands on Str1? I would have actually trashed that engine on my Oasys and hope that they matured/improved it on KRONOS. How does that sound? Sorry but the demos are not convincing to my ears and am not sure if that's becuase Youtube compression. Same is the case for Orchestral section - I 9 out of 10 times I end up use KARO libraries on Oasys and the 1st time of it was when I didn't have KARO libraries purchase Wink

So, the question for the existing Oasys users is, are you guys buying KRONOS mainly for improved Pianos and E Pianos (which I could get 200 times for fraction of cost of some VIs)? Need some suggestions as there is something that has been bothering me about my pre-order and I am seriously considering to cancel that after the initial dust of excitement has settled down!

KORG, wrong timing, too late delivery, no UK pricing commitments (the reason I pre-ordered from a US store) - you guys would have managed to put a dent in my pocket already but may not anymore..... Shocked
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The STR1 and HD1 engines are the same on the Kronos and Oasys.
Except (as far as I know) there is now the possibility to do 8 way velocity splitting than the normal 4.
Not sure if this applies to the STR1.

If you're unimpressed with STR1 on the Oasys, then it probably won't impress you on the Kronos either.

As I see it, the major upgrade compared to the Oasys is only the:
Piano and EP1 and the ambient drums.

For the amount of money, you could get some VSTi's instead, but it won't be as integrated a package as the complete keyboard OS system.

I think its a lot of money to pay for something, if you're not going to use it very much.
ozy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Str1 and HD1 on KRONOS? Reply with quote

Unicorn wrote:
Hi there,Has anyone tried their hands on Str1?

yes. it is very good.

will talk about it later or tomorrow in my "personal review" thread.

It's pretty good.
Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, waiting for your detailed review..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: