Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG.UK.CO has Kronos page w/ specs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the Clavinet, there's a very nice one in the STR section. I doubt it could be matched by a sampled one.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
as for the Clavinet, there's a very nice one in the STR section. I doubt it could be matched by a sampled one.

Korg has always done good clavi sounds in my opinion. I was banging out some clavi riffs on my microstation last night. I think they're really well done, and the various pickup positions seem to be recreated pretty faithfully. Clavinets seem easy enough to reproduce though - the ones in my Motif XS shine.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Clavinet add-on I purchased for Pianoteq. Being a true physical model like every other Pianoteq instrument, it is wonderfully playable and incredibly tweakable. I tried the demo and twenty minutes later Phillippe had more of my euros in the till.

I'm sure that Kronos' STR1 model can do some pretty wild and crazy things Clavinet-wise as well; good physical models (like the MOSS board in my Trinity) are a joy to play!
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
I 'm really hoping there are some vintage string machine samples in there - solina strings, Roland RS202 and VP330, and even the Trident Strings (very underrated IMO).

Ahem, Korg is now going to "sample" some Roland sounds?
Sorry Kevin, not going to happen.

Wait at least until Dan releases the manuals, then you can read the voice name list and see if there are some clues in the name of the sounds to see if they have something you can compare to the Roland sets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: