Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WishList for next Wavedrum-Please Korg make us even happier!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: WishList for next Wavedrum-Please Korg make us even happier! Reply with quote

This is an incredible instrument and i'm about to sell an organ to get it NOW! Very Happy

I realise Korg need to keep the price down but I wonder if the following features can be added for a modest increase in price... I'm sure many other potential buyers would be very keen to see these , too.

- On-board editing features could be removed as they are '80s like, unfriendly and almost unusable without the manual. Instead, a USB port could be added with nice, easy to use editing and patch management software for Win Mac Linux . This could open a whole new realm of usability and programmability. On-board display and buttons are more suited to simply switching between presets and banks.

- Built-in rechargeable battery please please please!!! The wavedrum actually needs very little power, and could be easily powered by today's laptop batteries. Along with a set of rechargeable speakers, (of which excellent choices now exist) this would make the wavedrum portable and useable in the great outdoors.

Aren't these requests realistic? Don't they make total sense? Wouldn't they make the Wavedrum even more awesome than it already is?
Cool

On a less-than-necessary-but-would-be-cool list would be to have the wavedrum morph from one preset to the next at the press of a button ! Rolling Eyes

Thank you Korg for continuing innovation!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be tied to a pc mac or whatever to tweak. One reason I asked for more knobs and buttons to get it done reasonably quick with out the computer. Otherwise I love it, I don't mind tweaking it the ay it is just would like more user controls on board. I would like a way to link multiple WD's for one final out put to PA or whatever also.
Panason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but better onboard editing would require more buttons and a better screen, which would push up the price quite a bit, I think. Plus, there isn't much space there...

Either way, an improvement of the editing facilities is sorely needed.

Part of me thinks a new version is in the works, but maybe not... The Oriental only came out very recently... I'm not sure I can wait, I think I'm ordering one as soon as the next wages come in Drool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: