Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rattling noise in the Microsampler.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ RAZZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Rattling noise in the Microsampler. Reply with quote

I know that this has been discussed before. I got my MS-1 about 2 weeks ago and noticed the rattle. I opened it up an nothing seemed loose that I could see. Also no pieces fell out. I have read that the rattling may be the under the LCD screen.

My question is this: How many of us have units that do this, how long have you had your unit, and has anything else happened to it or has it gotten worst? Has it remain just an annoyance?

Thanks, RAZZ Smile
DJ RAZZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has been dealt with before but c'mon guys throw me a bone here. Sad
jbl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine when it came out in japan. It had that sound. Either it doesn't anymore or I don't pay attention. I treat mine rather nicely but my buddy dogs his. Both of ours still work fine.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased mine a little over a month ago. The serial number is 004766, if that is any clue toward which batch of microSAMPLERs have this problem.

I stated this already on the HC forums, but I'm fairly certain it's the LCD display which is underneath the outer case glass. The hole which the LCD fits into might have been cut a hair too big or something, causing it to slide a little when tilted at a certain angle. I doubt this will pose any problem other than being a minor annoyance. I have my MS-1 angled on the top of a multi-tiered stand, so it honestly hasn't bothered me enough to email Korg since it's rarely moved from it's position.
DJ RAZZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks guys. I feel the same way. Too bad Korg will not acknowledge this problem/issue as normal. I wish Rich would drop a line to put my mind at ease, he is usually so good about this. Korg says that this is not normal and that kinda annoys me. But I do love the unit so I will try to move on and forget about it

Thanks again
Nigel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Microsampler last year. If I tilt it left and right it does rattle. I solved the problem by not tilting in left and right.

My serial number starts 0071**
jbl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, mine fell from two meters during an aftershock and books fell on it. one of the keys broke in half and fell inside. it definitely has a rattle now (and until i get that piece out some keys get blocked) but it still works! Shocked
i will replace the key and apply a foot pedal switch for record at the same time, when i get the replacement key.
Stabby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is considered a problem? You guys are crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: