Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John/ellll April 2011, OSAM, Lena

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: John/ellll April 2011, OSAM, Lena Reply with quote

Friends

Early ..as I am going out of town and away for a time ..; so I wanted to get it on.. before I left..., not knowing when I will return.

It is Lena, a tragic figure from the First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Volume one and Volume three .. A 16 year old girl, she is tragically treated in the opening chapters of the first volume of the series...

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/Lena.mp3

It is short and uses only strings, large synth and piano. My equipment is old so, please turn up the volume... ...Hope you like it o.k. and I appreciate any listens VERY much !

My Regards and good luck to ALL in getting their songs on!!!!

Johnny, John , ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though your equipment may be old...I like the sounds coming out here. The blend of the piano with the synth strings sounds great, and it creates a really powerful mood and atmosphere. And though the song may be short, I found it to have a nice transition as I played it again. I also like how you implement strings into your piano compositions. It's not that easy to do when there is no specific time signature, but you do it so well.

Good work. And I hope all is well.
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi elll, just listening to your piece 'Lena' and it sounds good, the textures and mood created are very sublte and nice to hear.

You say your instruments are old but they still have quality sound which in my opinion is still worth having, me I'm old skool and new skool but would rather be in oldskool all the time but I can't hehehe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to My Friends who have listened and to the ones who were able to comment Many thanks t>>>

The song is not free time even though it seems to but was conceived with 4/4 time with many ties, long holds, and alternate sig.. I good way to enable the writing of the song should it seem worth making a score for...

It is MUCH appreciated that you found value in the song; it is a little unusual but then the ideas of what happened to Lena are hard also to express..

Many thanks for the kind listens Very much appreciated ..Thanks to all who did so

Sincerely Johnny, John, Ellll ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this piece. It is so lush yet emotional. These vintage sounds are perfect for this. Now and then the strings pull back a bit which give a nice dynamic. The piano, of course, is great, but it's nice to have the other instruments backing up. Very nice, and don't be gone too long. We'll miss you. But have a nice trip and thank you for sharing this.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: