Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So what do you think of the new demo songs posted on Korgpa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adimatis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love being able to see how those who were in a rush to criticize this instrument because of some poor demos on YouTube are now eating their words!... Wink And if they don't it's just because they are too ashamed to admit it.

It was obviously a big mistake to believe Korg won't do the job properly.

I would love to afford this instrument. I love what I hear it being able to sound like...
liongold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIGHT ON, ADIMATIS!!!!!!! Liongold Cool
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adimatis wrote:
I love being able to see how those who were in a rush to criticize this instrument because of some poor demos on YouTube are now eating their words!... Wink And if they don't it's just because they are too ashamed to admit it.

It was obviously a big mistake to believe Korg won't do the job properly.

I would love to afford this instrument. I love what I hear it being able to sound like...

Actually it was ONLY ever the operating system and new features I was interested in.

I did think the original demos were very poor, and so the over-all sound was also very poor. That cannot be denied. I do not think ANYONE thought that professional studio recorded demos would not be coming. It ws just a matter of time.
You people should stop crowing like cocks-on-the-walk, and take a moments pause Smile

And after hearing the demos (very heavily studio engineered I might add) there was nothing there that I can not achieve on my PA3x.

The piano is still average, and I can get pretty much that exact EP sound on my pa2x with some use of the right effects and samples. Also the guitars seemed very similar to the PA2.

And STILL, dreadful electric guitars!! As in O/D and dist.

Operationally, it seems a LITTLE better, with the track part editing more akin to Rolands Make-Up tools. This is a good thing.

The Chord Sequencer does NOT appear to be implemented in the same way as on the G800/100. Seems a bit convoluted in that you first need to simultaneously press two buttons at the same time to start it, then press those two buttons again to stop recording the chord progression, then press another button to get it looping!!! Try doing all of that whilst singing, or doing other stuff as a one man band!!!

It seems the CS on the PA3 is geared more toward studio/home use, rather than live "on the fly" playing and comping.

And even then the manual is totally unclear on whether you can then use variation patterns and fills etc, whilst the chord sequence is playing, or if you are stuck to the ones used whilst recording????

So jury is still out on that.

Bottom line? For any PA2xpro user, what essentially you are upgrading to is the Maxx Audio tools, a Chord Sequencer, more in-depth style track editing and some microphone tools.

There is still NO live play of Guitar Mode, and NO being able to use Guitar Mode in midis. No change to the SET configuration for styles, NO external editing capability.

For any PA1x user, or even PA800 user, and definitely someone new to Korg, this is a super keyboard and well worth buying. For the rest, I am not so sure.

I think for me, I would rather keep the money I would spend on a PA3, and use it to buy a Kronos, or the new Yamaha Mox instead, and keep the PA2.

Dennis
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adimatis wrote:

A bit childish I might say! People had every right to criticize them for the super sloppy marketing strategy. Especially when they are charging almost $4000 after taxes for a unit (and probably a lot more in remote locations). It's only fair for people to do their research and be cautious for such a huge investment.

miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
adimatis wrote:

People had every right to criticize them for the super sloppy marketing strategy. Especially when they are charging almost $4000 after taxes for a unit (and probably a lot more in remote locations). It's only fair for people to do their research and be cautious for such a huge investment.

+1 Smile
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADIMATIS, Do you get yor KB free from KORG?

You know where you are ? KORG FORUM, You know what we are doining here? IF not try to see,

knowledge, Thats al it matters.We learn, Try to do the same .

It,s not so long ago that we had problems Whit 800/2X !
OS hangings , Leds,Burning RAM, And more, So of course we will Ask, Search, See, Try, and research,
So we are just more carefull, And hopefull.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would only add that not one person hear has heard a live demo on the PA3X sound anything like the studio demos that are on the Korg Pa site. I am confident that in a studio with the right engineers and musicians the same demos could be done on the PA1X so the perfectly mastered and edited demos on the PA site dont mean anything. I dont want to cast aspersions about what can really be achieved on this intrument in real live play but until i see and hear the instrument demoed live or i get a chance to play one live my views on this keyboard have not changed one bit. When you have so many effects and sounds going on in a demo its hard to distinguish the real quality of what you are hearing.

just as a comparrison here is Peter Baartmans demoing the Tyros 4 live in someones shop . No studio no additional or separate effects . Just the keyboard and a bagfull of talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7h-sMg3u-w

The sound is recorded on someones handheld camera but noone is making excuses for the poor quality sound because even in these conditions it sounds are stella.

Listen to the sounds . Is there any doubt as to the quality of what you are hearing ? I know the PA products are far advanced in terms of editing and features but we are talking about a musical instrument first and a production tool second. At least i am !

listen to the piano in the first few seconds, listen to the oboe at 1.05, listen to the strat at 2.05 played live . Listen to the blues guitar at 3.28. Listen to the organ at 6.24. I am a church boy and let me tell you that B3 is awesome and scarily close to the real thing. Listen to the horn in 9.46. listen to the violin at 10.55 played live. Now i know that Mr Baartman is probably the best demonstratorr for arranger keyboards in the world today but there is no question about the quality of the sounds he is using when he is just playing the sounds, no spectacular riffs or deep jazz chord progressions (which i love by the way).

I love the flexibility of the Korg PA which is why i own the PA1X and it will probably disintegrate in my hands before i part with it but there is no doubt that what yamaha lacks in features is more than compensated for in outstanding sounds. Thats what i am looking for from Korg this time around and i have not seen and heard it yet. I would love yamaha sounds in a korg keyboard. I would never buy another keyboard. Thats the truth.
keysman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last finally hearing the beast with Korgs demo section.
I remember hearing the i3 demo on the free video they produced & it blew me away & new from that moment on I was a Korg convert.

I must say the demos of the Pa3X sound excellent & i'm well impressed. I can see the new Pa3X becoming part of my live set up probably 9 months down the road once the bugs & O.S. upgrades are sorted:wink:

Looking forward to actualy trying one out 1st hand which will be the real test. In the meantime I will stick to my trusty PA1XPro which still ticks all the boxes Very Happy
adimatis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrian and Asena,

I know where we are here... Wink I try to learn, but tell me what to learn? How to judge an instrument from youtube videos made with a handycam?! No thanks! I much more prefer to get my hands on things and then express my oppinion, because only at thet point I do not risk making fool of myself.

Yes, everyone has their own oppinion. Fine. Just make sure you know what you are talking about, otherwise your point is simply not valid. And THAT is CHILDISH. You wouldn't see me, or many other forum users for that mather, rushing in here "distroying" the PA3x because they were disappointed by what? By silly video recordings....

Man, sometimes I wonder how do you guys pick up your instruments?

About the demos posted on korgpa.com, I liked what I heard. I thing the new Pa is a significant improvement, eventhough not mind blowing. I was expecting to see/hear exactly what it is. To ME, Korg's sounds are simply the best, obviously not perfect. I like the styles and I think auto fill and 3rd and 4th fillin are welcome steps forward. I don't care much for Chord Seq, neither for Wave Maxx, but I think there are people that will appreciate them.

THe demos simply confirmed what I believed: Korg did it right, again.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth, + 1

Adimatis, I had al korg models in my hands , And here in my home i heave 2X and 1 X Elite, So , From 1 X , To 2 X, There is much more quality on sound front! but YES i can hear that is the same sounds in BASIC , On the 3 X, There some new FOR sure, but no one says its A CRAP KB,

And belive me , My ears dont lie , I heave OASYS in the Studio, MAN there is HUUUUGE difference, And dont come and tell me ITS A SYNTH, And 3 X is KB, in the ground They are brothers.
So What some of us try to say here, Like worth, Its the Sounds, And no one says that YAMY is better on al, or KORG can do more, this is a Forum , And we must discust.

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Frans N

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Adimatis

The PA3X use the same sound engine as the PA2x so no wonder it sound almost the same. But the PA3X have more wave rom, more effects more of everything and therefore will sound better then the PA2X.

About the Oasys. Yes ofcourse there is a difference. The Oasys use a different sound engine. There is always a difference. A Kronos sound also different. But the PA3x is more the brother of the Korg M3 and M50 if you compare it with a synth.

A Yamaha Motif XS sound also different then a Tyros 4. AWM2 versus AWM.

The new Roland Jupiter 80 also sound different then a G70 etc.
musicrazy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
musicrazy wrote:

now we can use guitar mode on intro

You could do that before too, no?

Yes but how could you change chord on guitar track on intro ? the intros are normally a chord sequenced fixed to a chord you do... so guitar track coundn´t change chord... now it can.
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you like to listen to a live demo recorded by our demonstrator Raffaele Mirabella for the Italian music magazine Strumenti Musicali, please visit this page:

http://tastiere.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/ecco-la-demo-di-korg-pa3x/

The demo is in Italian, but I guess the music can be easily understood everywhere Smile

Cheers, Paolo
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeeeeel this was new Wink

Hehe.

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WORTH thanx for the YAMAHA demo, It,s realy Amazing, He is just playing, And loving it, Thats the point, Great demo.

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: