Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grandpiano demo Sv1/ Pax3 Different sound???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
solomusiker2002

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Grandpiano demo Sv1/ Pax3 Different sound??? Reply with quote

Hi
Is it just me or am I right ?
When i listen to the demo on Grandpiano Exp from PA3 on this link
http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa3x/pa3x-demo/P/5-pa3x/14-solo-instruments.html

And when i listen to the demo of the same sound ( grand piano 2 ) on this link
http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/pianos/sv-1/sv-1-demo/S/6-sv-1/36-demo-songs.html

In my ears the piano from SV1 sounds much more " big great sound " " larger sampel " than the demo from the Pa3, or maybe my ears are hearing somthing wrong Smile

They say that the paino sound was borrowed from the SV1 ????

In my ears the PA3 piano sounds more " pling pling piano sound " if you know what I mean, but I hope I'm Wrong

Last edited by solomusiker2002 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Grandpiano demo Av1/ Pa3Different sound??? Reply with quote

solomusiker2002 wrote:
Hi
Is it just me or am I right ?
When i listen to the demo on Grandpiano Exp from PA3 on this link
http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa3x/pa3x-demo/P/5-pa3x/14-solo-instruments.html

And when i listen to the demo of the same sound ( grand piano 2 ) on this link
http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/pianos/sv-1/sv-1-demo/S/6-sv-1/36-demo-songs.html

In my ears the piano from SV1 sounds much more " big great sound " " larger sampel " than the demo from the Pa3, or maybe my ears are hearing somthing wrong Smile

They say that the paino sound was borrowed from the SV1 ????

In my ears the PA3 piano sounds more " pling pling piano sound " if you know what I mean, but I hope I'm Wrong

If for sure this sound is borrowed from SV1 , then you're right. The one posted for SV1 has more depth and body to it. The "pling effect" is more obvious in higher registers for the one done on PA3x. I listened to them multiple times.
I'm not surprised though. When a sound is borrowed from another board, it could never sound the same. TC helicon effects will sound a lot better with the original standalone unit than with the borrowed ones on PA3x.

solomusiker2002

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
It's just a shame ( because the pianodemo on Sv1 is great ), but I think your right.

Maybe there will be a Lovely piano sound in PAx4 or 5 Question
LESSISMORE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the SV1 Pianos are sounding wide and open.
The PA3 Pianos have no wideness and I mean to short samples.
For faster playing that is o.k., but not for ballads like "Titanic". and others...

Korgs Pianos are all sounding good on stage and the pianos of the
yamaha-models sound more plastic. Now what shall we do ?

I think we have to talk with Rob Sharret.
His station-expander never brings up a discussion like this.
The developer will not give us enough memory.
Its time to think over.

LiM

The Good The Bad And The Ugly
amartinod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Piano sounds Reply with quote

Received my new PA3X yesterday, after a PA1X and a PA2X.

After one day of playing I must say that like with previous models I am very disappointed with piano sounds. I had heard demos that look promising but reallity is different and decption is here, or I am missing something.

I also play with a Yamaha CVP407 and difference of quality is obvious.
CVP407 has deep, large pianos sounds that fill my room completly.

PA3X piano sound have no consistency and completly disappear behind drums or any accompagnement. I tried all possible combinations I could : always have that feeling that something's lacking....

In France PA3X's price is 3400 Euros.....
Others sounds are ok, drums, strings, organ are very good, but I would suggest Korg's pianist compare their piano sounds with Yamaha's ones....

Very disapointed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: