Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa3(/2)x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa3(/2)x Reply with quote

Hello guys!

First I just want to say I just love Korg and I will never leave them untill the day I die actually. But I can't neither say I'm so thrilled for Korg's policy.
Since Pa80, Korg has been lifted up to a new generation of keyboard, yes the PA'x series. I kinda feel that Korg pa-models is more about technics than sound and styles, I mean come on get us some cool styles. For example R&B, House, trance etc. I don't say you should stop making these kind of other styles, I respect that other people has some use for that kind of rhythm. We don't actually need the "cheer FX", I mean come on it's an 10 years old song. Damn, I can't believe I said that, I loved that song and I was born in the 90's.

And what's up with the same sounds? Why use these old styles and just remake them again? I believe, since pa is an professional arranger, almost half of the pa-users has remade the existing style for themselves. So I think the remake of style is unusable.

By the way, don't feel that this is an bad arranger.Contrary, I believe Korg pa3x will be a superb keyboard, but not just what I (we) expected. I really liked the new clarinet, new sax.. The string is to awful. The piano is good fair enough, but I feel it isn't the same as the piano from SV1 (I may be wrong). But I also believe with tweaking and use of the mastering suite it will sound better than any keyboard.

As we speak about other keyboards. The fight between tyros and Pa-series. I really think that yamaha sounds better! But in technic the pa3x wins, and if you are a good programer and sample your own sounds you will achieve very good sound.

I really hope for ourself and for Korg sake that they will update this and make styles for this keyboard.

For older pa-models behind the pa2x, I think this will be a huge upgrade. For pa2x, it can be discussed compared to which musician-style you are into. Are you a good programer? Do you need these new functions? (Ram, mastering suite, vocal-harmony, mp3 dual player)

Regards, Ronny
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronny, Hello! Hope everything is just fine with you. The sun isn't rising here in Sweden just like in Norway, hehe.

About your post and subject I have to say that I agree with you. I have also mentioned the problem about the Styles, no one heard it.
I, like many other thousand people love KORG, but this year, there are many factors that led to a hard decision to make. Definitive hard to make.

1. Why so many sounds but yet the same as before and not many new sounds?
2. Do i really need all the new functions they are offering?
3. Where is the new (realistic) guitar with totally new Samples. Just listen to the Clarinet, it is awesome! I want a new guitar with quality and not that plastic feeling!

Where is the RnB house, Dance styles, Still the old ones! Sad

Where is the new pads with the new Loops Direct from korg. Like drum loops, guitars riffs and loop dance synths leads!

This is too close as a minor upgrade than a major one. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I will wait and listen closer. Even from this demos I can hear that the KB is to close 2 X!

Hard to decide, YES indeed! Hard to Understand why Korg made the KB in this way? :s

I really really hope (and beg of course =D) for new musical resources. We'll just have to wait and see.

BY THE WAY!!! Yamaha has always new styles able for download!
All this is not coming from a yamaha fan, I have always been a loyal korg customer.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it sure looks like I have my work cut out for me !
I did extensive programming and tweaking way back when on the PA80 and
PA50 and last year I did the same on the PA-500. These Musical Resources were also converted for use on the PA-800 and an ever growing Korg population are using my resources, either as their main set-up or as an alternative set-up.
Having programmed that much, in particular sound-wise I am confident that the PA-3X will offer a lot, also soundwise, once it has been thoroughly tweaked and altered. But these things take a lot of time and effort. Generally it is not something the manufacturer spends a lot of time on as it is too time consuming and there are so many different tastes to cater for. That, incidentally does not change the fact that some of the Tyros sounds are superb and superior to the Korg sounds.
But as far as programming and tweaking is concerned Yamaha is a bit of a laugh compared to the PA series. Hope this does not trigger off yet another Korg vs.
Yamaha discussion because that is not my intention.
Once I have got the PA-3X I will do some extensive programming and tweaking and hopefully come up with some impressive new Musical Resources during autumn. But for the time being we may all live in eager anticipation.

John Smies

http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/user-comments-2011-resources.html
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsmies, Thanx.

I realy hope you can come out whit some great Sounds Based on the Samples, Like new guitars new Strings new Sax sounds, like the YAMAHA quality, Couse even i live the KORG, and i realy wanna stay on KORG, At the moment we dont now so much, We must heave the Bord in our hands, and than see, BUT, how can KORG not heave Money to spend on this kind of flagship, Couse Making a new product(MEANS NEW) Sounds and styles to , Or?

it,s great that my countrys musicians and tecnicians are superior, Couse Thanx to them KORG is a Big Name In Turkey.

Whit out the USB,s From them, Not so much intrest, Did you guys hear the new set from EMO music, Listen to the sounds, Did you heard about CE USB???

man He is turning the PA series to another dimention, Especialy the EMO USB, I heave it, the old One, But Now there is a new one, More Ram, And Al the sounds are superb, So Why not take advantadge from this programmers over the world, Like the German, Why not more from KORG?

Again johnsmies, Sharp, and other programmers, Please Make new sounds , not Piano, And choair, Better Live sounding Gitars, Acc gitars, Sax, And more.We will buy it of course.I,m sure al the members will like to buy it!

god luck. Thanx.

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Frans N

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't sound personal. I really don't like the Yamaha sound at all. Sound fake and plastic to me. The styles of Yamaha sucks also comparing to Korg. I play Yamaha for years, spend thousands of Euros on their keyboards and listening today to their keyboards it still just sound the same. Why? Because they still use that 25 years old AWM sound engine.

So Asena buy a Yamaha if you like the sound but you will regret it because the sound get bored very soon and so do the styles.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello frans, I heave The T ¤ home now and The PA2X, And maaan, I now what you mean, BUT this time , I dont agree, couse I cant stop play on the T4, it sounds sooo daaam reaaaaal, I promis, and belive me i got skills man, This KB, This time they maded, its amazing , pure sounds And incredible Styles, very intelligent, and Its like a Living machine, VSTI sounds on a KB, Than YAMY, KORG is great if you heave the time and knowledge to fix and tweak it, I can You can, BUT sven Anders CANT , AHMAD maybe cant Joseph can , Andy cant Bla bla. So it depends, Overal KORG is a killer on Edit, On the sounds, And new thinking, YAMY is MOMY

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Today was I testing Tyros 4 and...(damn) the guitars sounds like VSTi. I was very impressed, and I did not even like yamaha before, even though I've had Tyros 2 for test before. The rhytms were so great and fits with the sounds. Congratulation Yamaha!!!

I hope Korg has done something great this time so I can bully tyros players again Very Happy (nah, just kidding)

Regards, Ronny
Frans N

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You like the sound of Yamaha or you don't. I quess I have play to long Yamaha and get bored with it. Proberly you quys/girls play to long Korg and get bored with it. But sound is personal and Korg sound much more realistic to me then Yamaha.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect your teste BUT, T 4 Is more Realistic than KORG, I heave them here And I can hear it,

Yamaha has more Multi samples for Ex In gitar, more Layers, it heapens much more things behind the Sounds, Samples, So YAMAHA did a great work on it.

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one with good ears can hear that Asena. Sometimes we get used to a particular sound thats all. I thought the Korg sound was excellent (and it still is) but Yamaha have gone quite a bit further. There is a distinct difference in the quality of sound and i suspect its only loyalty to their brand that prevents some people from hearing it.
Frans N

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I respect your teste BUT, T 4 Is more Realistic than KORG, I heave them here And I can hear it,

Yamaha has more Multi samples for Ex In gitar, more Layers, it heapens much more things behind the Sounds, Samples, So YAMAHA did a great work on it.

You already own the PA3x then to compare? I don't think so

That is your opinion. Mine is different. Has nothing to do with good ears. There are alot of people who agree with me as there are alot who agree with you. The sounds of yamaha rely much on their effect processor so maby their effect processor is better then Korgs but I don't think so.

Do you think the awful drums of Yamaha sound also more realistic?

Last edited by Frans N on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Frans N

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
any one with good ears can hear that Asena. Sometimes we get used to a particular sound thats all. I thought the Korg sound was excellent (and it still is) but Yamaha have gone quite a bit further. There is a distinct difference in the quality of sound and i suspect its only loyalty to their brand that prevents some people from hearing it.

I quess I am the one with better ears then Razz

PS. I was always a Yamaha fan so brand loyalty has nothing to do with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: