Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Karma Owner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SShearer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: New Karma Owner Reply with quote

Hi all, just bought the "burgundy beast". Always a few years behind the latest models having just moved on from the Trinity. Have to say that this is very, very playable.

Just wondered what others have in the C & D banks ? Noticed several options in the downloads sections (Triton LE, Studio, Classic etc) but how many of these are actually repetitions of what is already there in A, B & E?

Also, what is the easiest way to load just a specific bank ?

No real requirement for additional sounds at this moment as it'll take an age to get my head around whats already there but maybe at some point in the future............................

Cheers

Stewart
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept C free for designing my own sounds. D contains the preset from the EXB-PCM04 expansion board. Don't really like a lot of those that come with it - mainly the comis, but I've got a while C bank to fill up 1st Smile

If you've got a PCG and you just want to load a specific bank then you need to do 'open' rather than 'load' then navigate down to the level you want to load. You could load all programs, all combis, a certain bank of programs, a certain bank of combis, or even just individual ones to any location you choose.

Combis are messy to load typically because they expect to be in a certain bank and so all their programs might point to the wrong place if it uses any of its own bank of programs. Ones that use the factory sounds are alright though. Anyway, thats why for example the expansion boards floppy disks come with a PCG for C and a PCG for D bank, so that the combi's timbres are pointed at the right programs.

I think banks A and B are the complete typical factory presets same as the original Triton. E bank contains some extras that are new to the KARMA.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though its a painful process, if you plan on downloading a .PCG from online for the combis, you should get the free java program called LeLibby (google it)
If youre not sure if it will load up correctly (cause of X-trades previously mentioned messy situation here the combi doesnt point to the correct programs) just load the PCG into LeLibby, click on the combi, and it will tell you every Timbre its suposto use, wich allowed you to load the specific programs first to a place you want it, then load the combi and know wich programs to redirect it to.
be careful while using this program with the karma though, sometimes it can mess up the karma GE's (make sure you only load the sound files and not the global or GE files)

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
SShearer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the advice. Really enjoying so far !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: