Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

not affiliated with korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wojtysz

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: not affiliated with korg Reply with quote

What does that mean that the address to these forums is given on official korg site, but the forums are not affiliated with korg? Is there some other forum which is supported by korg technicians/admins where we can expect help? It seems most of the topics are left without answers. I also saw a few where users try to help each other but it might be not enough and the users will be left alone with their problems. No admins here? Hellooo?

1. i created a pattern from an original pattern copied into a new bank, created some new samples upon the old ones. Old patterns, different sounds. To modify the pattern I need to switch some old samples off and turn the new ones on. To do this I read the manual - press REC twice, press ENTER/SHIFT and the sample to be switched off and on. It does't do. The pattern plays as before.
2. I want to play a sample in KEYBOARD mode while this pattern is playing. Switch to keyboard, and at the moment one of the samples changes. Without touching the SAMPLE SELECT knob. Then finding a right sample - you turn the knob but the lights are not showing which is chosen, on the LCD you see a name for a half of a second, the move doesn't have a click so you might easily miss the one you need.
3. finally you have a sample, but as I said before - one of the elements in the pattern has changed while switching into the keyboard mode, so the pattern is different already. I am playing a sample which has already been turned on in the patern and is making some noise. So i try to switch it off using Enter/shift and there I go back to number 1.

It made me come here and look for help but I found a lot of questions and no help at all.

I lost time, ideas and some pleasure. Hope that it is a matter of just that one evening.

Can anyone help?
ravenmek

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is not an official korg forum, in fact, it doesn't exist. We help each other and some korg employees (because they want to) are part of the community.
jbl

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: not affiliated with korg Reply with quote

wojtysz wrote:
What does that mean that the address to these forums is given on official korg site, but the forums are not affiliated with korg? Is there some other forum which is supported by korg technicians/admins where we can expect help? It seems most of the topics are left without answers. I also saw a few where users try to help each other but it might be not enough and the users will be left alone with their problems. No admins here? Hellooo?

1. i created a pattern from an original pattern copied into a new bank, created some new samples upon the old ones. Old patterns, different sounds. To modify the pattern I need to switch some old samples off and turn the new ones on. To do this I read the manual - press REC twice, press ENTER/SHIFT and the sample to be switched off and on. It does't do. The pattern plays as before.
2. I want to play a sample in KEYBOARD mode while this pattern is playing. Switch to keyboard, and at the moment one of the samples changes. Without touching the SAMPLE SELECT knob. Then finding a right sample - you turn the knob but the lights are not showing which is chosen, on the LCD you see a name for a half of a second, the move doesn't have a click so you might easily miss the one you need.
3. finally you have a sample, but as I said before - one of the elements in the pattern has changed while switching into the keyboard mode, so the pattern is different already. I am playing a sample which has already been turned on in the patern and is making some noise. So i try to switch it off using Enter/shift and there I go back to number 1.

It made me come here and look for help but I found a lot of questions and no help at all.

I lost time, ideas and some pleasure. Hope that it is a matter of just that one evening.

Can anyone help?

First of all that is a matter of many of my evenings with other gear as well. Welcome to your first piece of gear, it's a love/hate thing.

main thing, you might want to learn some ettiquite(sp). I mean this is the first post from what seems to be a noob. dude, calm down and many things might start to fall in place.

now my advice. glad you read the manual, now keep it with you while you are playing, you will need to refer to it many times. this does not have a tr seq. so you cannot simply turn samples on and off, you must enter them in time. and as for the keyboard mode, you can have one keyboard part going and if you switch samples for that key then yes the original sound will be replaced. start from the start and keep making mistakes until you don't.
wojtysz

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear guys,

Thank you for quick reaction. I hope you did not feel offended by my post. It is just frustrating when things go wrong. But still your posts make me believe that problems might be solved.

Still it doesn't seem right not to have an official help from a company like Korg. I am used to some different support standards while working on Shoutcast/Winap for last 5 years. Their attitude towards their customers made me think it is obvious that solving simple problems make the product more perfect. What I saw on microsampler forum - lots of questions without any answers - made me think that it lacks professional help from the builders of the machine. Of course I am also very thankful to anyone who helps.

You might say I'm a noob but some geeks might say I represent feedback.

It was not my first night with Microsampler though this time I finally tried to find some help on the web.

Today I tried to do something similar to things I did yesterday. I read the manual again and it says how to edit a pattern:
"1. Pres the [REC] button twice to make it light-up; pattern recording wil start.
2. While holding down the [ENTER/SHIFT] button, press the key corresponding to the unwanted data"

I created a simple pattern with just two samples no 1 and no 18.
Deleting the sample from the pattern ment holding down both enter/shift and the sample key all the time of the pattern. Pressing it once deleted only one note. Still I couldn't remove the one shot sample no 1. It seems to be impossible today.
jbl

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk man
lemme say this; I don't bother deleting sounds. I do one pattern after another until its what i wanted. Then I delete the bad ones, and yes sometimes i delete all 16. Even on my sp-404 it's the same thing. if you let them, these machines help you hone skills. but they're not the most convenient for every task.
Korglee

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, this forum is not sponsored by Korg, but by people who have used their products over the years. Sometimes they will have solutions to problems and sometimes they won't - not much point in anyone posting if they don't. After not recieving a forum response to a question I posed a few days ago, I called Korg Support and had the answer and answers to my follow up questions in just a couple of minutes.
wojtysz

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ jbl

thanks for advice - I understand this way and will try how it works for me:)

but since the time I started this topic I managed to learn how to delete notes in the pattern. It is obviously possible just like the manual states but I understood it wrong.
Deleting depends on a type of sample and its length. To delete all sounds / notes of one sample in whole pattern you must HOLD enter/shift and HOLD the key of the sample for as long as the pattern lasts. In the manual it says PRESS so I thought it will delete all sounds in one time. Of course it means that microsampler allows to be more precise in deleting than I thought Smile To delete only one note you must press the key precisely when it starts or lasts.

I think it might also be a part of librarian - seeing the patterns would be helpful for some including myself.

@ Korglee
Please understand that calling Korg is not the same as posting here. I am writing this post for 45 mins. I am in Europe. I'm not a fluent english speaker. And so on.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have persistent problems and they can not be solved on the forum then you should contact your Korg national distributor for support. There is no 'global' Korg entity. Korg.com is owned by KORG USA, for example, who distributes Korg products to sellers in the United States, and handles support and promotions for that region. They also tend to have quite a hand in the marketing of products for example on Youtube purely because they are a big market area.

Korg products are designed and manufactured by Korg Co Japan and Korg R&D in the US (separate to Korg USA). They are then distributed and support is handled in various geographical regions by a number of companies, some named like Korg UK, Korg US, etc, and others in some regions are just 'distributors' who also distribute other brands. But that is still who you should get support from.

For support in your area check out this:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/

The forum was never actually designed specifically for tech support. It is at its best when users are sharing their ideas of how to use the products, being inventive with them, etc.

finally, if you want a 'tr xOx' style sequencer, then you should buy an electribe. The microsampler as such is more of a keyboard product, a kind of offshoot of Korg's keyboard based workstations - which have pattern based sequencing but no grid style input either. The ESX is quite similar in functionality to the microSampler but comes in a format which is more similar to a drum machine than a keyboard.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: