Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pandora Mini owners! a question for you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should I get!?
Pandora PXmini
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Pandora Px4d
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Line 6 pocket pod
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

slightlystoopid

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Pandora Mini owners! a question for you! Reply with quote

Hi!

I am looking to buy a practice tool and was debating between the Line6 pocket pod, pandora mini and the px4d.

my first question is, all of these guys seem to have solid reviews in the headphone solo jam category. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on using them through an amp in like a garage jama situation where I dont want to haul my pedalboard and look for a powersupply etc. I mean in terms of sound. and even in a pinch use it live? is there a difference in sound quality between the mini and px4?

Im pretty much deciding if I want the mini or px4, as soon as I noticed the usb on the pod cant be used for recording it dropped out of the picture, as the korg seems to beat it everywhere and for not much more money.

so sound quality through an amp... opinions are greatly appreciated.

also how is the px5d better than the mini, they seem similar save for looping and foot switch which doesnt seem like its worth the extra 70 bucks.

thanks!
seb6000

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really a matter of personal choice on the 3 Korg Pandora products, you can get all the specs on them here:

http://www.korg.com/Products.aspx?ct=7

The mini stores roughly 400 sounds and the PX5D stores around 750 sound variations. Price wise u r looking at $99 (mini) vs $180 (PX5D).

I own the mini, it is my 1st from Korg, and it will NOT interface with my audio recording software's like Adobe Audition & Soundbooth

I have downloaded and installed the midi drivers, but still no luck with it showing up in the list if input audio interfaces...

My next step is to download a couple of trial MIDI software's, like Cakewalk and give them a try...

So be warned... currently the only way I've found that it will record is by using the either the headphone out or line jacks tying directly into the computer microphone input jack...

I guess a USB mixer may work or another recognized Audio interface that you could plug this device in to... But the main reason I purchased this item was for the usb connection, but so far its only good for a battery charger.

I've done a post on my problems, but it seems this forum doesn't have many solutions... to my problem Sad

slightlystoopid

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As fas are software is concerned I have an interface that works pretty well, hence why the px4 and pocket pod are still options... the USB doesnt make or break anything. I'm more wondering about the general sound quality. if you had to would you use this thing live? or in a garage jam?
seb6000

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u could use it in either, it does have 4 presets,
and/or u could also set it up in its own loop

I do get some amazingly great sounds out of this product with both my
Fender and Vox amps when using either my Fender, Ibanez, or Gibson guitars
tiggie_00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG needs to step up their customer service and products. Sure these units are cheap but they could be alot better. Like the Mini has 200x2 banks. I would rather have 400 banks.. LOL.. and they should go after Satriani and Steve via like effects. The beats are unrealistic and could be alot better with todays technologies. Korg just needs to step it up..

For the money these keyboards should have a built in PC for 3000... Highway robbery
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We I have the PX5D and the word around town is that (if you can afford it) the PX5D has better sound quality...better tone, especially if you plan to use it live.

The mini has been reviewed to really be only a practice toy while the PX5D is more of a true pocket sized performance rig. It was designed for that in the first place.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
feenix

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
We I have the PX5D and the word around town is that (if you can afford it) the PX5D has better sound quality...better tone, especially if you plan to use it live.

Not likely since the technology is identical.

That's why they call 'em rumors...
Manus168

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want a tunner and for practice only its better you buy Pandora MIni (PX Mini) BUT if you want a serious bussiness use a Pandora Stomp.
DMarko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Korg PANDORA mini Reply with quote

Well, I have a problem with my Pandora. The processor is shut down, and after re-starting, the display read: MEMORY ERR. From then, the processor does not work.
Does anyone know the solution of this problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: