Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using bome's midi translator pro?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korakios

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Anyone using bome's midi translator pro? Reply with quote

Hi!I'm trying to make some presets for the microsampler using MT pro...
Has anyone made any progress?Maybe we can convince korg using that engine inside MS's editor(dreaming...!)
So far I have successfully :
-Instant keyboard mode,
It means that the last key pressed on sample mode is assigned to keyboard mode.So when pressing the "keyboard" button you don't have to rotate the stupid "sample select" rotary(dialer or whatever it is!)
-boost the low notes volume to eliminate the problem where high notes sounded louder.
-transpose
-using a laptop's touchpad for pithbend(with the help of freeware utility)

Experimenting on attack envelope and portamento but only on monophonic mode...

Any suggestions appreciated!
And don't forget these patches have nothing to do with hacking the machine.Hardware limitations such us sampling time etc cannot be tweaked.
A computer is needed with MT pro(not freeware unfortunately) but if we make some progress maybe korg would be interested!)
Will post in 2 weeks if making any progress...
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I have BMT Pro and never thought about enhancing the microSampler with it. These macros sound great!!!

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
korakios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversion is done!
To take the most of the MicromidiSampler you need an external controller(I used an akai lpd8) or the http://www.tobybear.de/p_mcc.html {MIDI Control Center (MCC)}.
Of-course you can create keyboard shortcuts ,but I made this patch for using mainly for a controller and on a rotary I have assign more than two actions.
So the first feature is
-The last pressed key in "sample" mode is auto assigned in "keyboard mode"

*Known problems: The "sample select" rotary, has different midiCC(sysex specifically) for every pattern,and the PATTERN dialer does not transmit anything when selecting a pattern ,so I couldn't auto adjust the the sysex of "SampleSelect".
*Workaround:If you want to select a pattern use a keystroke.I used "Num1" to "Num0" for patterns 1 to 10,and "1" to "6" for patterns 11 to 16.To disable auto-keyboard press "*" and to enable press "/"
*Note:you can set any key you like.

-Emulated Attack and a simple LFO

*Known problems:It's just like auto tweaking a volume control Smile.And you need to first release a key(noteOFF->fadeOut) and then press a new(Note ON->fadeIN)...experimental!
midiCC1: 0 disables attack,1 enables,1 to 64 tweaks the attack time
midicc2: 0 to 64 tunes the release time
midiCC1: 64 to 127 tunes the release time ,and attack time is tuned by the velocity
midiCC2: 64 to 127 emulates an LFO (tremolo)

-Boost Low Notes

Some samples are louder on high pitched notes, so I tweaked it
*Known problems: No velocity sensitive.Cannot be tweaked with LFO preset on...
midiCC3 :0 disables Boost, 1 to 63 enables and adjust the boost of low key note.

-A.Emulate additional LoopHold-NoteHold(on keyboard mode)
-B.Velocity to pitch(on sample mode)

A.Simply by not sending a note off message the sample is played infinitively (If the "loop" button is on ,at the "Sample Status")
B.Especially for playing some drum samples,the pitch is tuned by the velocity
*Known problems:A.To stop that loop you must disable the "hold note" preset and press that key again...so you must remember which keys where pressed!
midiCC3:63 disables the A.B presets,64 enables them,64 to 125 (more or less!) tweaks the velocity to pitch intensity,126 disables them...
Note:Keep in mind that if a drum sampled is pressed on hight velocity and the pitch goes to eg. "+15",it will stay pitched if you turn off the effect.I have a preset disabled on the "Switches On/Off" called "Velocity2pitch OFF".If you enable it ,leaving from "Velocity2Pitch" will reset to zero the sample's pitch but only from the sample last played.

-Double-note effect,very effective on ethnic plugged instruments...
-AutoPitchBend,pitch a loop and pitchbend it accuratelly using the keyboard(My main use of Roland VP9000)
*Known problems:on "autopitchbend" you have to set the MS "LocalOFF".Enable the boost effect so a loop can be heard,then disable it,enable the "auto-pitch" and have fun!
Note:The use of auto-pitch is to simply change the pitch on the fly without restarting a loop every time you pree a key...
Thanks to PizMidi plugins for calculating the exact amount of pitchbend to fit on a semitone range.

-Transpose
Enable using "T","+" is for octave up,"-" is for down,"Enter" for restoring and "R" for disabling The preset.
*Known problems:Again MS must be set on "LocalOFF" or else you will hear both note and octave..(cool!)...

I have set the "volume","pitch","decay","release" on midiCC 4 to 7 and maybe I will assign the "Velocity-intensity" later to midiCC8.

As for an autoloop feature,It's impossible for one main reason.The ms doesn't transmit anything when sampling to trigger a noteOn message when sampling is stopped.
Also it needs about 2 to 5 milliseconds for a loop to start ,when sampling is finished ,so the best way to autoloop is setting the exact beats for sampling time and trigger the sample manually when it's done.Or do the empty pattern trick.
I did a noteOn to "sampling button" and noteOff to noteOn preset in order to stop sampling when pressing a key and autostart when releasing the key,but it wasn't so accurate.

Feel free to post any comments!
korakios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops.I forgot to upload the preset!
http://www.box.net/shared/jio7x3r6hghyk21f8cky

Anynone is allowed to use or modify it,but selling it separately or as a bundle is not allowed without my knowellege&permission ... Twisted Evil (..korg)
No video tutorial,yet.
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post an example of the pitchbend its hard to understand what youre describing
korakios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanghaitang wrote:
can you post an example of the pitchbend its hard to understand what youre describing

I'll try make a video this week(edit:this year!).In the meantime you can try this and see if it's working:
Set MS to "LocalOff",
activate the preset 8"BOOSTLowNotes...(Velocity is Fixed)"
In sample mode(not keyboard),select a loop(prefer not to use a synth sample,but a drum loop or quitar to understand the effect)
Now to go to "Keyboard mode" mode on the MS and play the loop on C4 and press the "loop" button to loop it(!)...now the loop is playing!!
deactivate the preset 8 and activate the "AutoPitch(OneOctaveRange)".
Now the loop is pitched according to the key you play from C3 to C5. Very Happy
The difference from the normal keyboard mode of the MS is that the loop can change pitch chromatically without starting from the beginning each time you press a key.
It's like using a pitchbend wheel but you control the exact amount by your keyboard!
I hope it's clear now!If not ,ask me again!
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u gotta post a vid
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really clever - unfortunately I'm fairly stupid - so a video would be an extremely helpful incentive/kick up the butt to try this out. KInd of need to see the benefits in action to start playing with Must havtranslating s/w etc.. Sure must have taken a lot of work - my salutations to you!

I wonder if KORG subcontracted out the editor - much as Kurzweil used SoundTower or it's an in-house job.

Btw - stating the obv but for anyone looking to pitchbend the hardware route you can always hook up a guitar pedal. A Whammy DT sounds pretty cool with the bonus of all kinds of pitch/harmony shenannigans being possible. Twisted Evil & it tracks pretty good.
korakios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloydsmith wrote:
That's really clever - unfortunately I'm fairly stupid - so a video would be an extremely helpful incentive/kick up the butt to try this out. KInd of need to see the benefits in action to start playing with Must havtranslating s/w etc.. Sure must have taken a lot of work - my salutations to you!

I made this patch for people using Bome's Midi Translator.It's not like a vst plugin-editor so that is why it seems so complicated...So to get to the point you are not at all stupid Smile
Sure it took me days ,especially for fine tuning the CC values and presets interacting ,because I was messing with programming only few hours per month and I occasionally forgot some patches I wrote and had to start over again!
lloydsmith wrote:
I wonder if KORG subcontracted out the editor - much as Kurzweil used SoundTower or it's an in-house job.

If Korg is interested they can contact me.But they must spend money so I doubt Laughing
lloydsmith wrote:
Btw - stating the obv but for anyone looking to pitchbend the hardware route you can always hook up a guitar pedal. A Whammy DT sounds pretty cool with the bonus of all kinds of pitch/harmony shenannigans being possible. Twisted Evil & it tracks pretty good.

Almost all guitar/bass pedals are the best straight-forwarding effects!
PS.Be patient ,I'll upload a step-by-step guide Very Happy
EDIT: I am waiting for a complete sysex documation from KORG in order to make new patches...
EDIT2:Since korg was very helpful for refusing providing a sysex documation I can't add any more presets so I'm finishing the current ones(less work-thank you Korg....)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: