Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos on-board screenshot key sequence?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Kronos on-board screenshot key sequence? Reply with quote

Is there a way to capture a screenshot within the Kronos itself, using some sort of undocumented key sequence?

I can see this being very useful for anyone wishing to share information with an illustration, like 3rd party user guides, etc.
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

Lots of looks at this topic, but no comments.

I suspect this is "factory insider" stuff, since the Oasys and Kronos manuals are laden with screenshots.

Nonetheless, this post is meant as a "bump" so hopefully someone like Rich or Dan can share their wisdom.

Thanks!
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found my answer. Stephen Kay was kind enough to enlighten me that all the screenshots we see in the Kronos documentation come from proprietary Korg development software.

An on-board screenshot feature would sure be a nice update, perhaps, someday...
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KapnKrunch wrote:
Well, I found my answer. Stephen Kay was kind enough to enlighten me that all the screenshots we see in the Kronos documentation come from proprietary Korg development software.

It was the same with OASYS, I remember. Korg used their secret software. Wink

The screen capture shortcut would be very nice on Kronos, indeed.
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
KapnKrunch wrote:

It was the same with OASYS, I remember. Korg used their secret software. Wink

The screen capture shortcut would be very nice on Kronos, indeed.
Would be useful when doing tutorials and how tos. I wonder if the software ran externally on the computer or if it's something internal inside the software already and you just have to activate it

Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the (hopefully upcoming) free editor software do, surely it emulates the Kronos' display, then capture your PC screen? Just thinking aloud Very Happy
Chrutil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
Would be useful when doing tutorials and how tos. I wonder if the software ran externally on the computer or if it's something internal inside the software already and you just have to activate it

Not to say that there is no hidden screen capture mechanism inside the machine, but I'm sure they have the Kronos OS running on simulators when developing.
Oh, and first post, can't wait for my K88 on order, etc. Will jealously read about everybody getting their K61 this week.

C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was the same with OASYS, I remember. Korg used their secret software.

Indeed, I actually have it the OASYS Simulator. It's a PC program that just allows you to simulate the OASYS interface in any mode you want.

To generate a screen shot you have to use the Print Screen button under Windows or use an external program. The Simulator itself does not generate the images, it's just a simulator.

My NDA allows me to talk about it, but I cannot share the program with anyone so don't ask. Cop

Regards
Sharp.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the online flash based virtual M3 interface at KarmaLab. I thought there's an OASYS version too, accessible online right?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:
It was the same with OASYS, I remember. Korg used their secret software.

Indeed, I actually have it the OASYS Simulator. It's a PC program that just allows you to simulate the OASYS interface in any mode you want.

To generate a screen shot you have to use the Print Screen button under Windows or use an external program. The Simulator itself does not generate the images, it's just a simulator.

My NDA allows me to talk about it, but I cannot share the program with anyone so don't ask. Cop

Regards
Sharp.

Thanks, Sharp. So is it only for drawing the interface on computer screen? Does it generate sounds, too? If not then what is the benefit?
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
There is the online flash based virtual M3 interface at KarmaLab. I thought there's an OASYS version too, accessible online right?

Yes, it's called OASYS Virtual GUI.
http://www.karma-lab.com/oasys/gui/main.html

It was a great idea from Stephen and it helped a lot before we could get our OASYSes. I don't know if he's planning to publish the Kronos version.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more of a development aid than just a simulator for creating screen shots. It can do other things. It's does not produce sound, or any of the OASYS functions without the OASYS. Think of it as a design tool and simulator.

Regards
Sharp.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
Would be useful when doing tutorials and how tos,

And when formulating bug reports or support requests. A picture would speak a thousand words...
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital camera will suffice in light of there being no screen-grab software on-board, surely......
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: