Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sewa May

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: sewa May Reply with quote

Hi,

I managed to finish the May tune. I made it with my new toy - the Arturia Analog Player. Now, I was looking for a 25 USB keyboard to have something to do when I visit my mother in law this summer. Arturia has a nice, high quality, metal device for 150 Euro which comes with 1000 sounds from its various analog virtual instruments.

I'm not all that crazy about analog but I have to say - this thing kicks ass. The sounds are musically useful and can be tweaked as far as cutoff/resonance and envelopes go (honestly its all I need Embarassed). That sequence that you will hear in the second part of the song come from their Jupiter 8 vst. I love that sound. The little keyboard has knobs for controlling basic sound parameters and it all works like a charm. The tune is made out of couple instances of Analog Player + Logic's ultrabeat. Its called "double A": http://www.sewa-music.com/Site/music.html

Let me know what you think Question

sewa

P.S. This summer (27July - 10 August) I will be going on a sentimental road trip to Montana (lived there 20 years ago). I'll be driving from San Francisco via Boneville to Bozeman. I'd like to meet you guys so if anyone of you lives reasonably close to my route and could find an hour or so for a cup of coffee - let me know Smile
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sewa....

Just got back from CA (back to FLORIDA....) so too late to visit (But not to late for your cool tune...)

I am on a laptop and cant hear worth a damn I will listen again at the clear light of day on the big speakers

will give you a few comments then BUT IT SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

Best regards!!!!
John Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the playfullness with the clap etc. The sound pallette is really punchy and clean and easy on the ears. Good balance of textures and spaces between the notes. That one chord at the end of each repetition is a bit unsettling, it sounds like an unexpected minor or something. I'll have to listen again to see if I can hear why you're doing that. It sounds good on it's own but seems to jar with some of the other notes that sound at the same time. This is very cool to listen to though and I'm liking this anlogue journey. Ok, I do like the break part where it sounds like the song has suddenly ended too soon but then comes in with that great groove.
album cover
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for feedback George. That chord sounds fine to me but it could be that it interferes with other stuff in the mix. I will listen to it carefully on studio monitors.

I'm still impressed with the quality of that software emulation. Those plug-ins are getting really good, I think I'll be using hardware synths less and less..
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see what George is talking about (I think). Though I don't have any problems with it at all. It all sounds really awesome, very solid.

I think that could be a better transition into the second part though. And interesting use of panning. I wonder how it would sound if you had the lead melody towards the end panned toward the center, and having the two melodies introduced in the second half panned left and right...rather than both of them panned towards the left. Though, the more I listen to it now, it seems like it all works out very well. There are lots of other sounds that come in and balance everything out. And that lead sound sounds like Metroid Prime, a video game series (haha, I've been relating lots of things to video games lately).

Very nice work, I enjoyed it. Some great melodies for sure.
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thorough review, many thanks Pumpkin, much appreciated! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: