Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will korg wave drum be useful with kp3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLUT

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Will korg wave drum be useful with kp3? Reply with quote

I'm trying to do beatbox with kp3 like beardyman or mc xander. But i don't won't just to imitate that guys. Want to find my own sound. How do you think - will korg wavedrum be useful, if i want to have something special in beatbox set?

I'm asking this question because i'm not sure yet... Wavedrum is an expensive toy... (for Ukrain its TOTTALY expensive =) so thats why i'm asking))

I have 2 kp3's... sennheiser e-945 mic... standart mixer and boss gt-8 =)
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know much about the Kp3 but I did watch some clips to see it's uses, with that in mind I would say yes it could be used but make sure you understand the limitations of the wave drum. Depending on the model it has 100 or 150 loops built in. You can't change them or record new loops to the wavedrum only play the loops it has and then switch to your presets or the Korg presets and play with the loops. I'm just trying to clear that up. I have talked with some people who thought they could record their own loops to the wavedrum. Now the wavedrum mini might allow that but I haven't checked it out yet. I do think it is a good piece of tech for the budget minded but again know it's limitations first.

I now have to go read up on these KP products they look like fun! Thanks
Kaden

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My usual rig is Wavedrum to MiniKP, but I do the Wavedrum/KP3 thing fairly frequently. Depending on what your objective is, you may find the lack of hardware sync to be an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: