Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

!!! Urgent MIDI help needed!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshot is always a good idea, thanks for sending it. So you report that the OUT LED flickers on the Edirol, but no sound comes out of the synth, do I understand you correctly?

Make sure that:
- volume is up (you should be able to sound the synth from its own keyboard)
- GLOBAL MIDI Ch. is set to 1 and
- the synth is in program play mode (not combi, or other - e.g. MIDI settings - mode)

If there's still no sound, then connect ONLY the OUT lead to the X5D's MIDI IN and press the X key on the PC keyboard. Does the OUT LED still blink? If so, do you get any sond from the X5D now?

strider93 wrote:
Afterwards I connected them as you said -- IN-IN & OUT-OUT -- the LED blinked twice again.

Which LED? Was it when you pressed X on the PC keyboard or when played the X5D's? What does the USB LED do? I wrote that I've only assumed it is fully on, you've never confirmed.
Did you try pressing keys on the X5D? If so, what did the LED's (which ones) do, then? Please be accurate and categoric in your answers and read instructions carefully (you did well last time but before you've missed some steps - e.g. testing the X5D keyboard with regards to LED activity), doing otherwise makes troubleshooting boring and cumbersome for the both of us, if not impossible.
strider93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry about not giving all of the details, it's not on purpose ^^" Hope everything will be complete this time! Thank you once again for being so patient!

synthjoe wrote:

strider93 wrote:
Afterwards I connected them as you said -- IN-IN & OUT-OUT -- the LED blinked twice again.

Which LED? Was it when you pressed X on the PC keyboard or when played the X5D's? What does the USB LED do? I wrote that I've only assumed it is fully on, you've never confirmed.

The USB LED is always on - it doesn't flicker, it's just on non-stop.
The OUT LEDs blinked twice when I pressed the 'X' from the laptop's keyboard, but no sound was generated from the X5D. I tried playing some notes on the X5D's keyboard with the same setup -- IN-IN & OUT-OUT -- but the LEDs on the Edirol don't blink at all then.
I checked all 3 settings you listed in your last post (channel, volume & prog mode) - but I had those set correctly so I suppose they're not the cause of the problem (light flickering, no sound from keyboard).

Now I connected only the OUT to the X5D's IN and pressed 'X' from the laptop like you suggested. Once again the OUT LEDs on the midi interface blink twice. However, I'm still not getting any sound from the X5D.

Hopefully I've answered all of your questions ^^" I'm really sorry if I've missed something once again OTL

p.s.: the screenshot from today's test - played a few notes again thus the many lines:

synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strider93 wrote:
Hopefully I've answered all of your questions ^^" I'm really sorry if I've missed something once again OTL.

Not to worry, I'll keep on asking until we both get bored... Very Happy Only thing is that we can make better progress if all steps are taken and answers are provided at once.
strider93 wrote:
Now I connected only the OUT to the X5D's IN and pressed 'X' from the laptop like you suggested. Once again the OUT LEDs on the midi interface blink twice. However, I'm still not getting any sound from the X5D.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like your brand new shiny interface is faulty - or at least not compatible with your X5D (no reason for that and a very dim chance only, but still, a possibility). If you have another MIDI device (synth) it would be a good time to make an attempt with that, or you can return your Edirol to the shop. If you return it in person you'd better take your laptop with and make another attempt there - just to be on the safe side and to try another synth. Alternatively you can call their support or Edirol's - if they cannot get it to work then you have all reasons to return it.
strider93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

Ahahah, no prob at all!!! After all you've done the last thing I would do is be mad at you xD Besides, at some point I began suspecting that my Edirol might be faulty so yeah, not much of a surprise T_T Guess finding a good midi interface is not easy hahah *sigh*
Too bad I bought it off eBay and since they don't have those interfaces in stock (bought the last one) they'll only refund it without giving me a replacement /: (I don't have another midi device + I don't know anyone near me who has one either) ah well~
Tho I'll be the owner of a Korg Micro X pretty soon so I might just hook it up with my X5D and use the sounds from it :] (hopefully I won't have trouble connecting the two synths haha!) Since my next concert is in September that'll pretty much solve the problem ^^

Thanks once again! You were very patient and helpful and you also taught me a lot about troubleshooting and midi (ox) ^_^ Cheers!
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strider93 wrote:
Too bad I bought it off eBay and since they don't have those interfaces in stock (bought the last one) they'll only refund it without giving me a replacement /:

Bummer....
djsuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

This posyt helped me use midi ox. GReat!!!
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you! Wink
sefulretelei

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Hello strider93 Reply with quote

strider93 wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

Ahahah, no prob at all!!! After all you've done the last thing I would do is be mad at you xD Besides, at some point I began suspecting that my Edirol might be faulty so yeah, not much of a surprise T_T Guess finding a good midi interface is not easy hahah *sigh*
Too bad I bought it off eBay and since they don't have those interfaces in stock (bought the last one) they'll only refund it without giving me a replacement /: (I don't have another midi device + I don't know anyone near me who has one either) ah well~
Tho I'll be the owner of a Korg Micro X pretty soon so I might just hook it up with my X5D and use the sounds from it :] (hopefully I won't have trouble connecting the two synths haha!) Since my next concert is in September that'll pretty much solve the problem ^^

Thanks once again! You were very patient and helpful and you also taught me a lot about troubleshooting and midi (ox) ^_^ Cheers!

Korg iX300 ... It is compatible with this program MIDI-OX ???
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no "compatible" or "not compatible" for a particular synth It simply transmits MIDI data, so if the synth follows the MIDI spec, then yes, it will work.

It's been around a really long time, and I don't think it's been updated in over a decade- there's nothing to update.

..Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: