Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June ellll OSAM Stave and Linden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: June ellll OSAM Stave and Linden Reply with quote

Hello Friends.. Absent ... out of town active... But I remember and love :

"The Runes Of The Earth" from the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. Here is another I tried..., from the Covenant series . Its called Stave-Linden, The low notation Stave, and the higher Linden ..

Later, they have come to truly respect and stand behind each other ..., One , the first protagonist Stave, of much of the volume, and the other Linden, the chief heroine of the series......

The Fx are supposed to be more fantasy sounding.., but I missed it a little

So .., Stave-Linden: Hope you will find it at least of interest

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/stave.mp3

Best Regards Johnny Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by ellll on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good story telling piece. There's much thought going on behind the scenes. It seems to be painting words with notes, or at least emotions. I do like the dynamics, very effective. Nice as always to hear your playing. Hope all is well.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You George

I thought, just this morning , about the issues, success and comradeship of the first few OSAM's ... and I KNOW how MUCH it was from your efforts , that we were so well found and utilized by each other and our needs.!

I want to apologize to you and the others .., that I am a few behind in listening .., but I will make a REAL effort to catch up in the next few days.., and I will write and participate as I promised for this cycle, and feel privileged to do so......!

May OSAM and Korg Forums survive the changing world and the aging population.

Thanks George .., And, for all the past as well...

Best ALWAYS, John Very Happy
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. I love the tone of this, especially in the very beginning with those first few chords. Such a serious and almost dark tone. The ending seemed a bit abrupt, but I actually liked that a lot. Great playing. And yes I agree with George, it's a very good story telling piece. I can notice the development from the beginning to the end, the changing moods, and how it could relate to the story.

Just a suggestion, maybe with the chords that you play, instead of hitting all the notes at once, simultaneously, I think you could try to flow into each chord by striking the keys from the lowest to the highest. Just from time to time. Graces notes? Is that the correct term for that then? Sorry, I'm not so good with music theory, haha...so I'm trying to explain it the best I can. But that's just an idea, I still love the way you play. Very different from how I play.

But that's all. Great work once again.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again My Friend Pumpkin and yes....

I DO use some rolled or arp. chords and grace notes as well, at times... ...; I will try a few places on this one for future thinking....Thank You !!

Stave ...the beginning .., is as you mentioned , dark , powerful ...., Linden is unsure and a bit timid at times, but very strong when needed ..., they come to misunderstanding to begin, but become dedicated friends with the dedication being, Stave for Linden... as she slowly becomes the heroine of the stories... They are different races she plain human ., he Haruchai ...

I am always glad to hear your things as well and you play well indeed and could benefit from some self-taught theory and piano There ARE good additions to what you are now doing and sightreading would put you MILES ahead of the crowd in fact Very Happy Something to consider.

Thanks so much for your kind comments

Regards John Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: