Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMS Sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: AMS Sources Reply with quote

There are a lot of parameters that can be changed by controllers in a comb by AMS sourcesi. Like a lot of LFO settings and EG settings, however I miss the basic settings like Mute and Volume. Or do I miss something?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: AMS Sources Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
There are a lot of parameters that can be changed by controllers in a comb by AMS sourcesi. Like a lot of LFO settings and EG settings, however I miss the basic settings like Mute and Volume. Or do I miss something?

I think those are inherently built in to every combi...

Setting the faders to one of the selections allows the faders to control the volume of each program within the combi, and pressing one of the pads will mute/unmute that channel as well.

(I forget which button you press to get the faders into this "mode" since I don't have the kronos in front of me).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I have to find out the CC messages belonging to the switches or faders to control them by pedals.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I have to find out the CC messages belonging to the switches or faders to control them by pedals.

Are you looking to control the individual channels volume via pedal? Or the entire combi?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Are you looking to control the individual channels volume via pedal? Or the entire combi?

Actually both, buth the complete combi is not a problem (I use CC 7 or 11 for that) but it would be nice if I could also mute/unmute a timbre in a combi by a CC or using a pedal for controlling the volume (fade in/out).

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Actually both, buth the complete combi is not a problem (I use CC 7 or 11 for that) but it would be nice if I could also mute/unmute a timbre in a combi by a CC or using a pedal for controlling the volume (fade in/out).

For the latter, you can assign the pedal to CC 7 or 11, and then enable/disable reception of the pedal for individual Timbres as desired.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

For the latter, you can assign the pedal to CC 7 or 11, and then enable/disable reception of the pedal for individual Timbres as desired.

Thanks .. yes that seems to be the easiest way.
I have to thank how to program the Behringer pedals for both cases.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that CC7 or CC11 is sent as MIDI channel (via MIDI cable) and not by a pedal and you cannot set CC7 or CC11 on/off per timbre.

danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
The problem is that CC7 or CC11 is sent as MIDI channel (via MIDI cable) and not by a pedal and you cannot set CC7 or CC11 on/off per timbre.

I agree that this could be useful.

Why not connect a pedal directly to the KRONOS?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I have a Behringer which has already 2 pedals and 10 switches and a 3th pedal is a bit overkill and also would be very far from the center.

Btw, The behringer supports2 (jack output) switches as direct inputs for the Kronos, but the Behringer does not have a (stereo jack) pedal output. I maye want to use these switches later for the slave keyboard (Triton Extreme).

Before I used to copy the needed programs, assign volume to the ribbon controller and set the ribbon controller as Behringer pedal and the ribbon can be set on/off per timbre.

danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

Actually, you should be able to do so. Just set the KRONOS pedal to the desired CC (even if there's no actual pedal attached), and then use the per-Timbre Foot Pedal enable/disable. I don't have time to confirm this at the moment, but I think it will work.

- Dan
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to experiment with it.

Thanks for the answer. I will let you (and others) know if/how I could get it work.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting: Korg Kronos (Midi channel 1) and Korg M50 (midi channel 2). M50 is via midi out connected to midi in of Behringer and Behringer midi out to midi in of Kronos. All sounds come from Kronos.

I tried a few things and these are my conclusions:

- Both CC7 and CC11 makes KR vary in volume, not M50 (keys played from M50).
- I can disable 'other CC messages' on the MIDI filter page per timbre, but since I also need portamento (also via a non standard CC) I cannot use this easily.

Solution:
- I program one Behringer pedal as ribbon and reprogram some programs where volume is needed to link ribbon to volume. The ribbon controller can be set on/off per timbre.
- Or I can use the non pedal way: just the buttons/sliders. With the 512 comments this also is not so much of a problem for switching, for fade in/out a pedal is much better.

danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Setting: Korg Kronos (Midi channel 1) and Korg M50 (midi channel 2). M50 is via midi out connected to midi in of Behringer and Behringer midi out to midi in of Kronos. All sounds come from Kronos.

I tried a few things and these are my conclusions:

- Both CC7 and CC11 makes KR vary in volume, not M50 (keys played from M50).
- I can disable 'other CC messages' on the MIDI filter page per timbre, but since I also need portamento (also via a non standard CC) I cannot use this easily.

Solution:
- I program one Behringer pedal as ribbon and reprogram some programs where volume is needed to link ribbon to volume. The ribbon controller can be set on/off per timbre.
- Or I can use the non pedal way: just the buttons/sliders. With the 512 comments this also is not so much of a problem for switching, for fade in/out a pedal is much better.

Did you try the suggestion below?

danatkorg wrote:
Just set the KRONOS pedal to the desired CC (even if there's no actual pedal attached), and then use the per-Timbre Foot Pedal enable/disable.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I just tried it and it works great. That means I can now very easy control the sounds from MIDI channel 1 (played on the Kronos). I used CC7 and set as you wrote the pedal also to CC7 and then you can use the MIDI filter settings per timbre.

What is not possible is to change the volume of MIDI channel 2 but I don't mind much about that ... I just swap the MIDI channels if needed.

And the clearity of the Kronos is so good I can hear the Behringer pedal is not really good calibrated. I added a pedal-volume controlled string and not pedal-volume controlled piano and I could hear an itsy bit of strings even when the pedal was down. But that can be fixed. I tried a gate effect, but the lowest gate setting is still too high.

Thanks Dan for all the help ... with this solution it's quite easy to make pedal-volume dependent combinations!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: