Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Triton Extreme
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools for Triton Extreme Reply with quote

I made an app for the new Korg Kronos, able to generate all kinds of lists based on a read PCG file. Since I got quite nice reactions, I added support for the Korg Triton Extreme.

To read all details, refer to http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63765

And it's free Smile

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.1.5.62 14-Aug-2011
Feature: All lists can be generated in XML format.
Improv: Output file can be set (and opened by connected application)
Improv: Screen layout changed.
Bug fix: CSV File format improved (can handle commas in names of patches)
Bug fix: If the PCG file cannot be read, the app does not crash but gives a message box.

I also spent time for making a command line interface (passing arguments instead of a GUI), but this cannot be published on the usual way. If somebody wants that version, please let me know and I will send it.

See the link in my signature for all details about the app.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it is time for another update. This time as promised something for everybody (not supporting more synth models this time).

This time differences lists are added. Some fragments look as follows:

Code:

Program I-A074
 6 Diffs: U-E062
Program U-A000
 6 Diffs: U-A001
 7 Diffs: U-A002
Set List Slot 000/024
 4 Diffs: 000/027
 8 Diffs: 000/025
 25 Diffs: 000/029
Set List Slot 000/030
 24 Diffs: 000/031

This list shows for every program, combi and set list their similar patches. You can define how many bytes a patch should differ maximally and you can select to ignore patch names and ignore descriptions (for set list slots). Of course most usual options apply (like selecting which program, combi banks and set lists to take into account) and output is in text, CSV or XML.

Some ideas to use this lists for:
- you have once copied programs or combis but you are forgotten where you copied them from (or you want to have a list of them)
- you can check if someone just copied patches with small differences or if it are real new patches
- you want to know which patches are equal or similar.

However, take into account that one byte difference can make a very big difference, it depends on the parameter but this is almost impossible to automate.

0.1.6.64 18-Aug-2001
Feature: Differences List.
Improv: Changed parameters in command line interface.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been some time ago I updated PCG Tools. Reasons where:
- vacation (away from computer)
- thinking about what to create next
- checksum for Kronos PCG files

With some help of others (thanks), I have managed to be able not only generate lists (existing functionality), but also:

PATCH LISTS ON GUI: All patches are shown on the GUI. This makes it possible to select them to perform actions like:

EDIT PROGRAM NAMES: From now on you can edit names of any program in a PCG file.

EDIT COMBI NAMES: Same but for combination names.

EDIT SET LIST NAMES: Same but for set lists.

EDIT SET LIST DESCRIPTIONS: Tired of editing those (max) 512 characters in the Kronos: do it from a normal keyboard instead!

Much more features will be added (hopefully) soon.

Update involves:
0.2.0.75 3-Sep-2011
Feature: Show banks with programs, combis and set list slots on GUI.
Feature: Ability to change names of Programs, Combis and Set List Slots.
Feature: Ability to change descriptions of Set List Slots.
Improv: CHanged text "Kronos PCG File Name" to "PCG File Name.
Bug Fix: Default settings/enabling of UI checkboxes for filtering on text.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version is released.

EASY MOVING OF PROGRAMS AND COMBIS WITHIN A BANK
When programs are moved, automatically the combis using those programs will be fixed.

Furthermore, some fixes have been done. See details below for the full change list.

Code:

0.2.1.78     7-Sep-2011 Feature: Moving programs, combis, set list slots up and down with automatic reference updating.
            10-Sep-2011 Support: Support for Korg Triton (Classic), Triton Rack, Triton Le, Triton Le88, Triton Studio,
                                 Triton TR 61/76/88.
                        Support: Support for Korg Karma.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed reading of Korg Triton PCGs with MOSS programs.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools 0.2.2.80 Reply with quote

A new version of PCG Tools. Loading multiple PCGs is a job I will do (much) later, but there is a new features and some improvements: some buttons have been replaced by a menu and toolbar to make space for future additions easier and to have a bit more professional look.

And now it's possible to select MULTIPLE programs, combis or set list slots to move up and down inside a bank.

Also some small bug fixes. Below is the complete list.

Code:

0.2.2.80    12-Sep-2011 Feature: Select multiple programs and combis for moving up/down.
                        Improv:  Added menu and moved buttons to menu.
                        Improv:  Added About window.
                        Improv:  Show set lists that have changed names or with non default set list slots (-> I-A000)
                        Improv:  Changed warning text for Differences List.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed exception in Differences list with 'To' option in set lists filtering.
                        Bug Fix: Fixed Initial Programs radio button selected when only set lists contained in PCG.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Update 0.2.3.118 Reply with quote

New update:

A lot of small improvements and main feature to open multiple PCGs at the same time. You cannot perform actions on multiple PCGs (such as copying from one to another), but I thought it was already interesting enough to publish. Also a new status bar showing info about the currently selected PCG and improved closing behavior is added.

Code:

0.2.3.118   24-Sep-2011 Feature: Open multiple PCG files at the same time.
                        Feature: Added Status bar showing the amount of programs, combis and set list slots and banks in the PCG.
                        Feature: Added Status bar field showing the Korg model type of the loaded PCG.
                        Feature: Added Revert to Saved menu option (undo changes).
                        Improv:  Replaced Combo box for bank/set list selection by list view.
                        Improv:  Moved Label with loaded PCG file name flag to the title bar.
                        Improv:  Added dirty flag (meaning PCG file has changed) as * to the title bar.
                        Improv:  Added warning when closing the app or close a changed PCG.
                        Improv:  Added Move Up and Move Down to Actions menu.
                        Improv:  Changed the default list generator sort order from alphabetical to type/bank/index.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a few weeks but finally a new update is available. Below is the total list of changes, but some extra words (read: advertisement) is proper:

With this patch you can COPY program (banks) and combi (banks). When you copy combis, the programs being used are also copied. You can copy within a PCG but you also can
copy from one PCG to another PCG ... meaning it's finally a bit more mature as a librarian.

Also some other changes are made: you can select one or more banks OR one or more patches. Use the Shift or Control key for multiple selections.

Take a look at the copy/paste settings first and read the help text (help button) because copy/paste works a bit more difficult than in e.g. a word processor (since this copy/paste copies complete 'structures').

Code:
0.2.4.120    6-Oct-2011 Feature: Copy programs inside a PCG or to another PCG.
                        Feature: Copy combis inside a PCG or to another PCG while copying the used programs together.
                        Feature: Copy set list slots inside a PCG or to another PCG while copying the used programs and combis together.
                        Improv:  Commands in windows depend on selection of bank/patch selection list view.
                        Improv:  Added column in banks for content type (Program bank shows Sampled/Modeled programs).
                        Improv:  Added column in patches for Description (showing set list slot descriptions).
                        Improv:  Double clicking a single patch shows the Edit window.
                        Improv:  The short cut for the edit button is Alt-E (and had to remove the Edit menu short cut).
                        Improv:  All banks/set lists are shown, also empty ones (useful for copy/paste functionality).
                        Bug Fix: Prevented some crashes related to the menu.
                        Bug Fix: Removed maximizing a PCG window when double clicking on the title bar.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when loading a PCG without program, combi and set list slot data.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when closing changed file after message box.
                        Bug Fix: Owner set correctly for message boxes; added icon for set list generator.

truthaddict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the download link?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthaddict wrote:
Where's the download link?

Send your email in a PM and I will send the application and future updates.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Update 0.2.5.121 Reply with quote

This is an in between update, since I will not spend much time the next weeks at the app (except for very urgent bugs maybe).

However, I wanted to deliver the parts I finished till now so you have some extra functionality.

The main features are showing of categories (and subcategories), the possibility to clear programs/combis/set list slots or banks and XML output is improved (for viewing in HTML). Also cleaned up the list views and fixed some bugs.

See complete list below
Code:
0.2.5.121  12-Oct-2011  Feature: Showing categories and sub categories for patches in GUI.
                        Feature: Clear selected program(s) or bank(s).
                        Improv:  Creation of XSL files for output generation in XML.
                        Improv:  Removed Set Lists radio button if not supported by model.
                        Improv:  Removed 'Content Type' column and 'Description' column from list views if not filled.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash for program usage/combi content list generator for Karma PCGs.
                        Bug Fix: Removed possibility to copy programs/combis between a Korg Triton PCG and Korg Karma PCG.
                        Bug Fix: Edit window has an icon now to prevent being unnoticed when unfocused.

The other part of the update will be later (probably as 0.3.x release).
This will involve the usage of the categories, like creating category lists, outputting lists sorted by category and sorting patches by name or category.

Programming speed will be lower the next months because I want to split it between playing with the Korg Kronos Smile

truthaddict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This is awesome. Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Update 0.2.6.125 Reply with quote

Time for a new update ... just some small pieces since I am way to busy with the Kronos, but still some additions.

The most appreciated will probably be the Patch List, showing categories and the possibility to sort by category (and subcategory).

Also improved some small issues and bug fixes.

For Kronos only:
Also new line characters (returns) can be used inside the descriptions of set list slots (Kronos only). This is NOT possible on the Kronos itself so it is quite a unique feature (sorry for bragging a bit).

For Kronos only:
If my assumption for bank index conversion is right, my app is already capable of handling U-AA to U-GG files ... however of course I could not test it since OS1.5 is not available. But it MIGHT be possible PCG Tools will recognize the new banks already. If not, I will send an update asap after I installed OS 1.5 myself and adapted the app.

Furthermore, I cleaned up the wish list (removed some items which are already present).

The next item I will be working on is a Timbres manager. A combi consists of 8 or 16 timbres (programs). I will add a screen to move them up/down (left/right on your synth) and maybe some other functions like copy/paste if possible. I cannot guarantee I will add intelligence for IFXs because that is really tricky (and differs per synth model).

Below is the complete change list.
Code:

0.2.6.125   2-Nov-2011  Feature: Support for (U-)AA- to (U-)GG banks, added with OS update 1.5 (Kronos only and UNTESTED!).
                        Improv:  Patch List shows categories/sub categories (both Text, CSV and XML file format).
                        Improv:  Patch List can be sorted by category.
                        Improv:  Patch List output for CSV and XML slightly improved (and a bit changed).
                        Improv:  Possibility to use new line characters in a set list slot description (Kronos only).
                        Improv:  Number of characters for patch names/descriptions is shown in the edit screen.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash when copying set lists slots using combis from U-A..U-G; Kronos only.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented strange symbols for (sub) categories when loading PCGs without Global chunk.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

A new update is published. No new features this time, but several improvements.

One of the is the creation of Cubase sequencer instrument definition files, as explained in a specific thread (see http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66721 for more info). Because these files might be already obsolete when the Korg editor will be published, I did not make implement it for other sequencers.

Also two tastes of Combi Content lists are supported. The old version (now called Compact), sorts the used timbres per combi and removes duplicates. Thew (called Short), shows the timbres per timbre index, so you can see at a glance how a combi is built up. Later I will possibly add another taste which shows complete patch names and maybe more.

All lists can now be generated in ASCII table format (see post above). This exists next to output to plain text, CSV and XML files.

Then some small issues, like clearing set list slots are added and a few bug fixes.

Also two external links in the about link are added. One to Korg KronosHaven (http://www.kronoshaven.com) and one to Robert Rosen's site (http://robertrosen.weebly.com/index.html).
If you download PCGs, please leave a notice and/or donation for their work.

Also a change is added for copy/pasting programs. You can 're'paste patches to easily make multiple copies of a single or more patches by recalling the copy buffer.

Below the complete list as in the history file:

Code:
0.2.7.126  21-Nov-2011  Feature: Create instrument definition files for Cubase.
                        Improv:  Create all generatable lists in ASCII table format.
                        Improv:  Generate a new kind of Combi Content list (showing timbres by index)
                        Improv:  Set list slots can be cleared.
                        Improv:  Copy/Paste mode has a Recall button to recall the copied copy clipboard.
                        Improv:  Added link to KronosHaven.com in the about box (new news site/forum for Korg Kronos).
                        Improv:  Added link to Robert Rosen's site (keyboardist/repair/patches).
                        Bug Fix: Enables the Copy and other buttons and disables Exit button when clipboard is empty.
                        Bug Fix: Removed unused toolbar icon (arrow down).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools update 0.2.7.128: Change categories (and sub categories)

Another new update. Not a lot but as mentioned in previous posts (of the main thread) some people consider it as valuable, so I decided to make an inbetween update.

With this update you can change (sub) categories.

Below is the complete list:
Code:
0.2.8.127  27-Nov-2011  Feature: Show favorite column for program/combis in PCG Window (Kronos only).
                        Feature: Mark/Unmark programs/combis as favorite (in edit screen, menu and toolbar, Kronos only).
                        Feature: Change categories and sub categories (depending on model) in edit screen.
                        Improv:  Use favorite setting as filter for generating all type of lists (Kronos only).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: