Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Triton Extreme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been quite a long time ago an update of PCG Tools has been released and I want to clearify about this. Due to positive personal changes in my life I will have very less time for continuing the development of PCG Tools.

This does not mean there will not be a new release; however I cannot tell about a time frame. I have a few items that I want to release (such as a new language because the translator did not do his work for nothing), possibly partial support of the new Korg Kross and some bug fixes I already have implemented in my development version.

Also, I will keep answering questions and react to every post/email regarding PCG Tools (ok ... questions about passwords can take a bit longer).

Also, I want to stay active here and within KorgForums.

Please keep discussing PCG Tools here and/or on KorgForums. Also please keep subscribed to the newsletter because when there will be a new release, that will be the way to launch it.

So do not see this email as a goodbye, except a more quiet period. I think that PCG Tools can already do a lot to be useful for years.

If somebody is interested in taking over / continuing implementing please let me know.

Kind regards and thanks for all support so far,

Michel

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know I have annoyed all of you with the password protected zip file for PCG Tools. The main reason was to have a way to make sure everybody got the latest version by using the subscription model.

However, I'm going to change this. Subscribing will still be possible and has benefits, but it is not necessary anymore. The benefit is you get automatically an email when a new version is published or for important communication regarding PCG Tools. The next version I hope to launch in January.

Please always download the latest version through http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl, because only on that website you can assure you have the latest (and virus free) version.

A message for subscribers: in case you don't like the subscription method, you can unsubscribe if you want (losing the notifications of course). Currently there are over 2,300 subscribers, so I want to thank you for that. However, I cannot send any mails for free until the subscribers reach below 2,000. But please don't unsubscribe en masse lol. If in January there will still be more than 2,000 subscribers, I will maybe manually removing the latest subscribers. Sorry for this inconvenience. To get PCG Tools until the next release, you still need to subscribe.

And of course I wish you a happy christmas and enjoy the holiday.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New website: As of today the new website layout is launched at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/ . For you the most important is that the password has been removed. Also more information is shown and the information is split into several pages. In the future, I hope to add more useful information whenever necessary. Enjoy the site!.

Because of the password removal, the subscription to the newsletter to acquire the password is not mandatory anymore. However, there still is a benefit: you will get email notifications when a new version is there. However, on the downside, there are currently 2,400 subscribers and due to the Mail client I am using I cannot send any emails when there are more than 2,400 subscribers. So for those who do NOT want to have email notifications, please unsubscribe from the newsletter list ( http://eepurl.com/u5Hk5 ). When I want to release the next version of PCG Tools and there are still over 2,000 subscribers, I will remove anyone above 2,000 to be able to reach as many users as possible. Sorry for this inconvenience.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools 1.8.0 Reply with quote

PCG Tools 1.8.0

Finally there is a new version of PCG Tools, almost a year after the previous version.

The main addition is the support for the Korg Kross. PCG Tools from now on can read all Kross PCG files and perform the relevant functions for those file.

Also thanks to Honza, the Czech language is added.

Furthermore, several bug fixes are included and a lot of improvements, which can be read below.

Also the website has been improved (see the link in my signature), and from now on Yahoo Group PCG Tools http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/pcgtools/info is used for notifications instead of MailChimp newsletter. In the near future I will send invitations to everybody and when all invitations have been sent I will remove the list completely. For now, I removed 500 people (sorry, no other solution possible), and will send notifications to the remaining while sending update notifications also to here, Facebook, Google Plus etc.

Code:

1.8.0      25-Jan-2014  Support: Added support for Korg Kross.
                        Improv:  Launched new website without zipped executable.
                        Improv:  Add default directory for generated files in settings menu.
                        Improv:  In Timbres window, the width of the assigned clear program text box is dynamic.
                        Improv:  Added Korg TR to Korg Triton Classic/Studio/Rack in all related texts.
                        Improv:  Added ToString() implementations for support for visually impaired application(s).
                        Improv:  Changed all 2013 copyright notifications to 2014.
                        Improv:  Added Honza (Czech translation) to thanks list.
                        Improv:  Paul Hirschvogel to thanks list (for testing Kross).
                        Bug Fix: In disk navigation mode in Kronos, set list and slot names are shown correctly.
                        Bug Fix: In Timbres window, the program ID now fit new Kronos program banks.
                        Bug Fix: Cleaning a Trinity combi does not make PCG Tools crash.
                        Bug Fix: Kronos and M3 SNG files could not be loaded.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented problem when double clicking files containing spaces in folder/file.
                        Bug Fix: Prevented crash for Korg Triton Rack PCG files with program/combi Ext H bank.
                        Bug Fix: Increased width of combi programs in PCG window to accomadate full combi name.
                        Language:Czech language added, thanks to Honza.
                        Language:Added some strings which were not translated in 1.7.1.
                        ExtLinks:Added logo/link to KromeHeaven.
                        ExtLinks:Fixed text from KronosHaven.
                        ExtLinks:Added donators Fred Alberni/Farrokh Kouhang to splash screen.                 
                        ExtLinks:Changed link of band from Mathieu Maes to Deuce entertainment.
                        ExtLinks:Fixed link to Lyana Muziek.
                        Website: Removed the password from the PCG Tools installer zip file.
                        Website: Added the current version number of PCG Tools on the home page.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools 1.8.1 Reply with quote

PCG Tools 1.8.1 is available for download.

Some bugs have been solved in the Save/Save as and Set list generator for certain PCG files.
Everybody should update to this version (especially after installing PCG Tools 1.8.0 which was released last week).

See for all information about PCG Tools the official website: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

Enjoy PCG Tools!

Code:

1.8.1      27-Jan-2014  BugFix  : Fixed Save function for certain PCG files.
                        BugFix  : Fixed crash for Triton Studio/Rack PCG files in list generator.
                        BugFix  : Fixed alignment of lists from list generator from Triton Studio/Rack PCG files.
                        Improv  : Changed PCG Tools home site menu option in Help menu to correct URL.
                        Improv  : Added web site in Help/About page.
                        Improv  : Added Joost Wilgehof as tester.
                        ExtLinks: Changed KorgForums/Website links.
                        ExtLinks: Added Yahoo groups link (also in main lnks), removed MailChimp site.
                        ExtLinks: Added robbie50 as donator (sorry for the long miscommunication).
                        Website : Added Yahoo groups link, removed MailChimp site.
                        Manual  : Added Yahoo groups link, removed MailChimp site.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.0.0 is released. You can download the application for free as usual at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

What is new?

Virtual banks for the Korg Kronos and the MS2000 (see the Virtual Bank files to be downloaded on the website). With these files, you can store 50 program and 50 combi banks, so you can keep all your patches together in one location. Of course you cannot use them directly on your synthesizer, however you can copy from/to that file like a big storage box. And if you need more than one file, just fill another Virtual Banks file.

PCG Tools does not support only PCG files anymore. For the Korg MS2000, microSTATION, microKORG, microKORG XL and microKORG XL Plus a variety of files can be loaded and managed.

Also Greek language has been added thanks to Dadanos.

Besides that the Set List Generator has been rearranged so it looks better (I hope).

Last but not least a lot of small improvements and bug fixes.

Kind regards,

Michel, developer of PCG Tools

See below the complete list:

Code:

2.0.0      22-Mar-2014  Support : Added support for Korg microStation PCG files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG .syx files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL .mkxl_all files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL Plus .mkxlp_all files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL Plus .mkxlp_prog files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .syx files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .syx with mkP0 chunks files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .MID files with sysex info.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .bnk files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .LIB files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .exl files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .prg files.
                        Language: Greek language added, thanks to Dadanos.
                        Language: Improved several texts in various languages thanks to translators.
                        Feature : Virtual program and combi banks added (Kronos only for now).
                        Improv  : Set list generator windows has been resizable and rearranged.
                        Improv  : Hide set list generator widgets when unsupported by workstation model.
                        Improv  : The file content list does not enable wave seq/drum kit options anymore.
                        Improv  : Items unsupported/useful in list generator are hidden/shown automatically.
                        Improv  : Patch lists for text/XML without sub categories look nicer.
                        Improv  : Patch lists for text/XML without set list slots look nicer.
                        Improv  : Kronos 2.0 PCG files displayed as 2.x (because of OS version 2.1).
                        Improv  : Widened FileContent list to accomodate all column texts.
                        Improv  : Save As dialog shows the correct extention type.
                        Improv  : Prevent selecting another file format in Save As dialog.
                        Improv  : (Some) resizable windows show an icon when resizable.     
                        Improv  : Remember tab index of the Settings window.
                        BugFix  : Enabling of Settings functionality corrected.
                        BugFix  : Status bar shows number of programs in clipboard correct during pasting.               
                        BugFix  : Prevented crash when generating certain lists for initialized PCG files.
                        BugFix  : Master files fixed for Korg Trinity.
                        BugFix  : Use correct combi sub categories.
                        BugFix  : Fixed an issue in the text filter settings of the set list generator.
                        ExtLinks: Added link to Sounds of Planet.
                        ExtLinks: Added link to MIDI-OX.
                        ExtLinks: Removed unused/obsolete links.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.1.0

A new version of PCG Tools is released today, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Except for small improvements regarding the patch list and difference list, the layout of the list generator and several bug fixes (especially for the Korg Kross), a lot of synths are supported in addition to the already supported.

From now on all users who have a synth from the Korg M1 series, M3R, 03R/W, 01/W series, T series and Z1 series can use PCG Tools.

Complete change list:
Code:

2.1.0       5-May-2014  Support : Added support for Korg M1, M1EX, M1R, M1R-EX files (sysex, Sysex Manager, mid format).
                        Support : Addes support for Korg M3R files (sysex, MID format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg 01/W, 01/W FD, 01/W pro, 01/W pro X, 01R/W (sysex/mid/01W/RAW format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg T1, T1EX, T2, T2EX, T3, T3EX (sysex/mid format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg 03R/W (sysex/mid format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg Z1, Z1EX (sysex/mid format).
                        Feature : Patch lists can optionally show CRC values (including/excluding name).
                        Improv  : Differences list has the option to show patch names.
                        Improv  : Added models and types to open file dialog.
                        Improv  : Patch lists in text format do not have : after program ID anymore.
                        Improv  : Patch lists do not show favorite column when not supported.
                        Improv  : Patch lists do not show (sub) category column(s) when not supported.
                        Improv  : Set list descriptions/categories in patch lists do not share same column.
                        Improv  : Category sorting is hidden when categories are not supported.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed checksum (preventing corrupted files) in Korg Kross PCG files.
                        Bug Fix : Korg Kross user program/combi bank are now shown as U bank and treated as User type banks.
                        Bug Fix : CSV files handle multi line set list slot descriptions correctly.
                        Bug Fix : Text input in list generator is disabled when text filter is disabled.
                        Bug Fix : Combi Content generator shows programs not present in files (for combi references).
                        Bug Fix : Difference list now shows correct difference when name is unequal.
                        Links   : Changed links to Kurt Ader Productions and Deuce Entertainment.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.1.0

Except for small improvements regarding the patch list and difference list, the layout of the list generator and several bug fixes (especially for the Korg Kross), a lot of synths are supported in addition to the already supported.

From now on all users who have a synth from the Korg M1 series, M3R, 03R/W, 01/W series, T series and Z1 series can use PCG Tools.

Complete change list:
Code:

2.1.0       5-May-2014  Support : Added support for Korg M1, M1EX, M1R, M1R-EX files (sysex, Sysex Manager, mid format).
                        Support : Addes support for Korg M3R files (sysex, MID format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg 01/W, 01/W FD, 01/W pro, 01/W pro X, 01R/W (sysex/mid/01W/RAW format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg T1, T1EX, T2, T2EX, T3, T3EX (sysex/mid format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg 03R/W (sysex/mid format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg Z1, Z1EX (sysex/mid format).
                        Feature : Patch lists can optionally show CRC values (including/excluding name).
                        Improv  : Differences list has the option to show patch names.
                        Improv  : Added models and types to open file dialog.
                        Improv  : Patch lists in text format do not have : after program ID anymore.
                        Improv  : Patch lists do not show favorite column when not supported.
                        Improv  : Patch lists do not show (sub) category column(s) when not supported.
                        Improv  : Set list descriptions/categories in patch lists do not share same column.
                        Improv  : Category sorting is hidden when categories are not supported.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed checksum (preventing corrupted files) in Korg Kross PCG files.
                        Bug Fix : Korg Kross user program/combi bank are now shown as U bank and treated as User type banks.
                        Bug Fix : CSV files handle multi line set list slot descriptions correctly.
                        Bug Fix : Text input in list generator is disabled when text filter is disabled.
                        Bug Fix : Combi Content generator shows programs not present in files (for combi references).
                        Bug Fix : Difference list now shows correct difference when name is unequal.
                        Links   : Changed links to Kurt Ader Productions and Deuce Entertainment.

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you stopped your programming for two minutes the day before!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I hope you stopped your programming for two minutes the day before!

Yes and even more than that (but not only because of that).

Hope you had a good vacation (probably two weeks instead of 2 minutes?)

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading back tomorrow, it's been amazing!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Heading back tomorrow, it's been amazing!

Enjoy the last day!

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.2.0

Turkish language is added (thanks to Umut Erhan). A detune column is added to the combi timbres, set list names are shown in the patch list and several bug fixes and link fixes.

Complete change list:

Code:

2.2.0       8-Jul-2014  Support : Support of Kross TR files (made by the official Korg Editor).
                        Language: Turkish language added, thanks to Umut Erhan.
                        Improv  : Added detune column to combi timbres list (and list generator).
                        Improv  : Added set list name to set list slot rows in the set list generator's patch list.
                        Improv  : Set lists slots are only considered empty when empty AND reference to program I-A000.
                        Improv  : The path of the manual is now editable (local file or website location).
                        Bug Fix : Prevented crash when Tools menu was opened without loading a PCG file.
                        Bug Fix : Link to the manual from the About page now works correct.
                        Bug Fix : Patch list in list generator does not show sub types.
                        Bug Fix : Lists in list generator not having sub types show now empty sub lists.
                        Bug Fix : XML patch output list generator sometimes did not show wave sequences correctly.
                        Links   : Added JimG, RedKross2014 and re-added Joost Wilgehof as tester (sorry Joost).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.3.0

Dear all,

A new version of PCG Tools has been released, with the following changes:
- Polish language added, thanks to DamianoMusic.
- Added volume to set list slots.
- Redesigned and improved various dialogs.
- Various small improvements and bug fixes

In detail:

Code:

2.3.0      10-Aug-2014 
Language: Polish language added, thanks to DamianoMusic.
                        Improv  : Added volume to edit set list slot dialog (Kronos only).
                        Improv  : Added volume column to set lists in PCG window (Kronos only).
                        Improv  : Dynamically resizing of edit program, combi and set list slot dialogs.
                        Improv  : Redesigned splash screen and about window.
                        Bug Fix : Prevented changed program/combi references when pasting inside same file.
                        Bug Fix : Prevented crash when selecting multiple banks with only one filled item.
                        Bug Fix : One label not translated in the Edit Single Set List Slot dialog.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed several texts in different languages (especially Greek).
                        Bug Fix : Added several translators in some translations (sorry Umut Erhan, Jim Dijkstra, Syntey).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new manual of PCG Tools is put on the website today. It is now updated until the latest version of 2.3.

Note: it might be needed to clear the cache to download it. See the download page of http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers (developer of PCG Tools)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: