Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland Product Premiere
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
I'm wondering how this compares to Melodyne's DNA. Any thoughts?

I own both of these products. i bought Melodyne Editor pretty much the day it came out. These two are not really related. I only use these vocal cancel softs to tame the vocals, because I transcribe a lot of stereo tracks for orchestra/band..etc and sometimes the voice kind of overpowers all the background accompaniments. sometimes they work real well, and you can easily hear everything much better.

I never use Melodyne for this purpose though. I've used it to look at polyphonic material, and harmonizing voices ..etc. When I arrange anything for my church choir, I always record one of the soloists and then using melodyne i experiment with different harmonies and even different melodies. It's like having a choir at your studio all the time! pure awesomeness...by the way, just had an e-mail from celemnoy few days ago. I think the latest update 1.3 is out ...but fixes, minor updates and such.

Last edited by Sam CA on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The V-Vocal in the new Sonar X1 impressed me, sound-wise. I'm assuming it came from the same development path...
But to be honest I haven't used the new Melodyne yet.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
I own both of these products. i bought Melodyne Editor pretty much the day it came out. These two are not really related. I only use these vocal cancel softs to tame the vocals, because I transcribe a lot of stereo tracks for orchestra/band..etc and sometimes the voice kind of overpowers all the background accompaniments. sometimes they work real well, and you can easily hear everything much better.

I never use Melodyne for this purpose though. I've used it to look at polyphonic material, and harmonizing voices ..etc. When I arrange anything for my church choir, I always record one of the soloists and then using melodyne i experiment with different harmonies and even different melodies. It's like having a choir at your studio all the time! pure awesomeness...by the way, just had an e-mail from celemnoy few days ago. I think the latest update 1.3 is out ...but fixes, minor updates and such.

Thanks for the info, I'll definately take a closer look at DNA Smile
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried Roland R-Mix software yet? unfortunately, they don't have a demo version!

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to try the Roland R-mix last night. Brilliant software, but too bad it's only a standalone and you can't use it within your DAW.

chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Roland Product Premiere Reply with quote

Bart S. wrote:
...on September, 15th: http://www.rolandconnect.com/
So, let's conjecture: a new Fantom to compete with Kronos? Laughing

Probably another low guality guitar tuner or mediocre digital recorder
cotler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: XP-80 with a melted pink epoxy keyboard Reply with quote

I still have an XP-80 with a melted pink epoxy keyboard syndrome in its box in the closet. That was the last Roland product I ever bought. I love it as an instrument, and have kept it for years in the hope that I can find time to tear it down and see if it's salvageable. But that was such an egregious flaw that I could never consider buying another Roland.

I wouldn't say "you couldn't give me one!", I would take it if given one. I would just plan to sell it right away, before something went seriously wrong with it.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer: The announcement was about the Roland INTEGRA-7, featured in another thread.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: XP-80 with a melted pink epoxy keyboard Reply with quote

cotler wrote:
I still have an XP-80 with a melted pink epoxy keyboard syndrome in its box in the closet. That was the last Roland product I ever bought. I love it as an instrument, and have kept it for years in the hope that I can find time to tear it down and see if it's salvageable. But that was such an egregious flaw that I could never consider buying another Roland.

I wouldn't say "you couldn't give me one!", I would take it if given one. I would just

plan to sell it right away, before something went seriously wrong with it.

I know this reply is well overdue and slightly off topic but have you tried contacting roland? I was able to get a brand new keybed for my jv80 afflicted with the same syndrome for $200
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: