Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you like to see next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slabwax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: What would you like to see next Reply with quote

Hi new here but I'd like to give Korg a helping hand in a new redesign of the Wavedrum. I love both of my WDs but there is a few things that Korg (in my opinion) needs to look in to.

I think a more advanced model is needed. They hit with the middle market and then the entry level w/the mini. Now please take more money from me by offering a "pro model" What would I like to see.

1: some sort of pc/mac editing program via usb can't be to hard to sort out.
2:A means to change patches on multiple WDs via a main unit or even better, a foot switch? ( I don't want to stop my rhythm to change sounds) Come on Korg think about it.
3: More presets not a million but maybe 25 or so.
4: More flexible sound assignments I guess this goes back to a computer based editor.
5: A foot pedal pitch controller.

I'll step off my soapbox now. What do you all want to see?
OhioBuckeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also:

1. Ability to run on rechargeable batteries. Much more portable.
2. Built in looper similar to wavedrum mini but a real powerhouse looper.
martygras

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they could add those features and make it a "class compliant" usb device then I could hook it up to the iPad.

I've been using a portable rechargeable battery (9vdc) to power my Handsonic drums. Works for hours.
The battery is sold as a way to extend those portable dvd players and comes with many common tips.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you like to see next Reply with quote

Slabwax wrote:
I think a more advanced model is needed. They hit with the middle market and then the entry level w/the mini. Now please take more money from me by offering a "pro model" What would I like to see.

1: some sort of pc/mac editing program via usb can't be to hard to sort out.
2:A means to change patches on multiple WDs via a main unit or even better, a foot switch? ( I don't want to stop my rhythm to change sounds) Come on Korg think about it.
3: More presets not a million but maybe 25 or so.
4: More flexible sound assignments I guess this goes back to a computer based editor.
5: A foot pedal pitch controller.

I'll step off my soapbox now. What do you all want to see?

These are all excellent ideas, and represent what many, many people have been suggesting for some time. I would two more very common requests:

Removable storage for backing up personalized editing (SD card, USB thumb drive, etc).

Larger display with more info available.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any indication that what gets proposed on this or any other forum will have any impact whatsoever in what products are actually released or developed as far as the Wavedrum is concerned.

R&D and marketing are two very, very different worlds. I'm actually somewhat amazed that the original Wavedrum, back in the '90s, ever saw the light of day. I'll be posting a link in a new thread to a fascinating interview from 2004 with the two men who designed the original Wavedrum, Mr. Mori and Mr. Motohasi. It will shed some light on the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: