Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charles Ferraro - Baba on the Run - February '11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Charles Ferraro - Baba on the Run - February '11 Reply with quote

I'm submitting this a bit early because I want to meet the once a month deadline. Its a cover of Baba O'Riley by The Who and On the Run by Pink Floyd. The Radias had nice presets for both so I just did this one for fun.

http://soundcloud.com/wolf-ray/baba-on-the-run
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy what a nice sound! Interesting from GO..!

Lots of imagination here, and neat sound in the voice!!! THAT could be developed a bit more... Thrilled with the inventiveness of this!!!

I found the break to new direction too abrupt , but it near works and I believe the idea is right ..., It just needed something to tie the two sections together at that point... A tune added in the last section would have been an improvement perhaps from the First section with the necessary modulation to help it fit well... and brought the needed tie-in to sound more like a complete composition with good transition, right now it is almost two songs in a way ...? ? ? (I know it was two that were used so really thats o.k... I DON'T KNOW THE SONGS you used in this so will go and find and listen Remember also I don't know the Redias at all either )

Good Work overall to me anyway...!!

I Enjoyed it and would LIKE to see this whole idea further refined and balanced!!!

Like it Very Much!!

My Regards John (Johnny. ellll) Very Happy Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is fun to imagine covering this true classic. And you nailed some of the parts, from what I can remember. Fun to listen to. You could actually take those classic sounds, sample them, and then do an electronica piece using them as percussion or some kind of looping thing over something original.
album cover
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second part much more than the first part. I'm just not too much of a fan of Baba O'Riley by The Who. But the second cover by Pink Floyd, while it may be a drastic change of pace, sounded really cool. I liked your use of panning and sound effects.

Nice job, again, just didn't like the first part as much.
joet63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Charles, Well done on the sequencing and recording, I do love this type of music, and working out of the music (on both songs), must've taken awhile. I do remember seeing a programme on tv with Pete Townsend playing his VCS3 synth to show how he composed the Baba O'Reilly sequence, it was so cool.
One critism though the singing was slightly off key, with some practice I'm sure you will nail it no problem!

I also didn't realise we could do covers, I, myself won't be doing any covers but hey good work.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Chusady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is fun to imagine covering this true classic. And you nailed some of the parts, from what I can remember. Fun to listen to. You could actually take those classic sounds, sample them, and then do an electronica piece using them as percussion or some kind of looping thing over something original.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: